PDA

View Full Version : TOO MUCH ESSAYS!

Shar
15-03-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm so depressed irl there's just too many essays set to do :(

Nixt
15-03-2010, 09:31 PM
I hope none of them are in English, because it's "too many essays" not "too much". Anyway, manage your time effectively - set out periods of time where you do each essay, with breaks etc. They wouldn't set you more work than you are able to handle.

Phil
15-03-2010, 09:31 PM
I got an essay today for homeowkr for tomorrow on 'Through the grapevine'...... WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!?

dirrty
15-03-2010, 09:36 PM
tough luck really as that's the way the cookie crumbles. either do em or not & manage your time.

Nuxty
15-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Yeah, as Garion said manage your time! When you get multiple essays always stick to your deadlines, plan out your time - don't let it take over your life.

Maybe when you get home from school/college set aside 1hour-1hour 30 minutes each day to work on your essays making sure you complete them to the deadlines.

If you feel your workload is too much, make sure you speak to your teacher and inform them. Maybe they can give some possible extensions on deadlines etc.

You have possibly heard this time and time again but if your essays are building up because you leave them until the last minute then make sure you tend to them as soon as you get them, there is nothing worse than falling behind!

Good luck with all your essays. :)

Black_Apalachi
16-03-2010, 04:05 AM
I just handed a Psychology essay in and I've got a Business Studies one in for Thursday which I've been to next to none of the lectures or seminars for. Full on best student of the year I am.

Best advice is probably to sit down and draw up a plan and maybe write the introduction. Then go away for a bit and come back and write the next section. Then keep doing this until you've completed all the sections. If you can get focused, you might end up getting it all done in the first one or two sittings. That's what I prefer to do.

Richie
16-03-2010, 04:10 AM
I know I shouldn't but I just make up stupid excuses all the time, next year its gonna crawl back a bite me.

Shar
16-03-2010, 05:07 PM
Thank you all for your advices I'll keep them all in mind. :)

Shar
16-03-2010, 05:08 PM
I got an essay today for homeowkr for tomorrow on 'Through the grapevine'...... WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!?

O.o English essay Phil?

Edited by MattGarner (Assistant General Manager): Please do not double post when you have 15 minutes to edit the post above.

Inseriousity.
16-03-2010, 06:31 PM
All my subjects are essay-based too. Essays are easy if you know the content but more importantly, know the exam board. Know what the exam board wants you to do, mix it with the content and kabam, watch as the As come in :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!