PDA

View Full Version : How to improve tackling

GraysAthChaz
15-03-2010, 11:02 PM
I play 7 aside and 5 aside on different nights and I am god awful at tackling i hardly ever win the ball when going in for a tackle, the player litterally walks around me as if I'm not even there. Baring in mind I'm by no means fast and skinny and weak as anything, any suggestions to help me improve?

CHA!NGANG
15-03-2010, 11:13 PM
If they go round you, then faint to the left or right and quickly move your leg to the left to take the ball as they'll try and go round you on the opposite side. Hard to describe really.

Adamm
15-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Eyes on the ball.

Simple as that.

GraysAthChaz
15-03-2010, 11:20 PM
eyes are always on the ball, but then it's gone through my legs and im on my ars lol

FlyingJesus
15-03-2010, 11:20 PM
Eyes on the ball.

Simple as that.

This really is the best advice you'll get tbh, it's just about tracking the ball rather than the player's feet. Also don't dive right in, because then if you do miss the ball they've gone past and presumably are open for shots. Even the smallest players can cause problems for attackers when they just hold ground and don't let them get where they want to be - I'm tiny living proof of that :P

edit: going by your reply then I guess it is just the fact you're going in too early. If you're still on your feet they can't literally play through you

Smits
15-03-2010, 11:54 PM
Watch the ball at all times and do either of these two things;

- In hard and fast for a crucnher, gotta time this perfectly and best when they let the ball slip away a little.

- timed tackle; approach slower and watch the ball not letting them skip past like they would if you went in fast, when they move it, stuck your foot in and get your body behind the ball, win it every time.

Jack.Lfc
15-03-2010, 11:57 PM
Just run round elbowing people in the back of the head like gerrard did tonight.

StefanWolves
16-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Balance. Use your arms to balance, keep your arms outwards and keep your eyes on the ball, don't dive in, you'll be made to look silly.

- eyes on the ball
- try and keep within a meter of the ball, don't let the person get away from you
- balance
- quick reactions
- if they are on the left wing and they like to come inside, then try and force them wide, etc, or force them onto their weaker foot, learn to read the players you are playing against etc.

Don't know what else to say to be honest, but from the sounds of it, you are over-committing, stay on your feet...

Adamm
16-03-2010, 09:11 PM
By the way you need to be strong as well, no fear, stand your ground.

Describe
16-03-2010, 10:04 PM
By the way you need to be strong as well, no fear, stand your ground.
Yeah, be an idiot. I played football when I was younger (before I discovered the internet) and I would just slide in, not caring for my own well being.

GraysAthChaz
21-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Got a game later on today kick off at 6:15, thanks for the advice I shall report back later on tonight

GraysAthChaz
21-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Took all of your advice including the go hard one. Won the ball alot from tackling, the go hard one almost got me knocked out twice, however it worked, cheers

TickTockTickTock
21-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Final score?

GraysAthChaz
21-03-2010, 09:19 PM
won 5-2 :)

Jack.Lfc
21-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Did you get sent off

GraysAthChaz
21-03-2010, 10:23 PM
sin bin for 2 minutes and got pushed, got a little heated the game but everyone shook hands after all over

Gibs960
22-03-2010, 07:53 AM
Keep your eyes on the ball, everyone says that but try your hardest to do it. Keep moving left to right but only when he/she does :)

TickTockTickTock
22-03-2010, 08:37 AM
sin bin for 2 minutes and got pushed, got a little heated the game but everyone shook hands after all over
You have sin bins? Must be Essex thing that. You also have midnight as neighbours.

GraysAthChaz
22-03-2010, 06:02 PM
lol its only 7 aside

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!