PDA

View Full Version : Messi tips Rooney as best in the world

Titch
16-03-2010, 06:27 PM
World player of the year Lionel Messi has added his name to the growing list of Wayne Rooney fans who now believe the Manchester United striker is amongst the best on the planet.

The Barcelona ace, who admits he’s struggled at times to live up to his world number one tag, wouldn’t disagree with the view of football followers from all four corners of the globe that Rooney is the man of the moment.

Messi says of his latest world player rival: “Manchester United have a player who can now be considered as world class as Rooney has been fantastic this season.
"He has become the striker who can do it all. He leads the line, he moves wide, comes deep, his heading ability seems to have improved so much and he is so strong when he plays with his back to goal.

“Rooney's energy is amazing also and I give him all the credit for becoming a world class player,” added the Argentine international, who admits that the world player of the year crown can be a heavy one to carry around.

"There is a lot of responsibility that go with these individual awards and sometimes it's not so easy to deal with the expectations," says Messi, who has been forced to deal with the odd barb of criticism this season.

"What you have to understand is today's truth is not always that of tomorrow and everyone needs to keep some perspective. Criticism is just an opinion and so is praise.

"I have to live up to my reputation and the best way to do it is to stay humble and always look to improve. I've been called greedy at times and I do love to dribble, but my first instinct is to think of the team. I never put myself first and my teammates will confirm this.”
http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/rooney-gets-the-seal-of-approval-from-messi

StefanWolves
16-03-2010, 06:29 PM
If only Messi was English. Messi and Rooney in the same team? perfect combination... I think I just wet myself.

Titch
16-03-2010, 06:30 PM
If only Messi was English. Messi and Rooney in the same team? perfect combination... I think I just wet myself.

ooo, just picturing that makes me dribble.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!