PDA

View Full Version : Rooney: PFA Player of the year and Fifa World Player Of The Year

United-Clowgon
17-03-2010, 11:33 PM
I really could see him winning both this year.

Ronaldo has been great for Real but hasn't been 'that great' compared to last year. Messi - He's been ok but Rooney's been more consistent in terms of form.

for the PFA i think it's between Rooney and Drogba.

Rooney's been more prolific and has scored a lot more goals, played a lot better and been more consistent.

Arron
17-03-2010, 11:36 PM
Player of the Year - Messi.
No question :)

AlexOC
17-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Adam Johnson for both.

CHA!NGANG
17-03-2010, 11:48 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=633897

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=633418

Anyway, I can see Rooney winning the PFA With Fabregas and Drogba behind him. World Player of the Year, Messi. If you think that Messi's only been ok this year then I don't know what you've been watching, he's been outstanding once again although so has Rooney to be fair but the difference is that Messi creates both his own goals, and other peoples and Rooney doesn't and Messi is also the top scorer in La Liga. I think it will be:

Messi
Rooney
Ronaldo
Fabregas
Drogba

But it depends on the CL and the WC.

Jack.Lfc
18-03-2010, 12:05 AM
I really could see him winning both this year.

Ronaldo has been great for Real but hasn't been 'that great' compared to last year. Messi - He's been ok but Rooney's been more consistent in terms of form.

for the PFA i think it's between Rooney and Drogba.

Rooney's been more prolific and has scored a lot more goals, played a lot better and been more consistent.

How dya work that one out?

StefanWolves
18-03-2010, 12:26 AM
You can't call it between Messi and Rooney at the moment, only time will tell.

Titch
18-03-2010, 11:36 PM
You can't call it between Messi and Rooney at the moment, only time will tell.

im with this, i will make my judgement when the world cup is over.

luce
19-03-2010, 07:34 AM
Yeah i don't think he is out and out winner at the moment - i would love to see him winning both but it all depends on how he helps united win the PL and CL if they do so yeah i would love to see them meet at some point in the comp and obviously international appearances with the WC coming up - so yeah alot of things to come for them to show who's best but i reckon it's a two horse race.

Black_Apalachi
19-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Messi, for the exact reason CHA!N pointed out - he creates his own chances and provides for others.

Browney
21-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Messi admits he's been sub-par this season.
(http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/rooney-gets-the-seal-of-approval-from-messi)
If Messi can admit it, all you fan boys can.

Adamm
21-03-2010, 11:47 AM
(http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/rooney-gets-the-seal-of-approval-from-messi)
He's mesmeric every time he plays. It's not a fan boy when you can witness skill that lad has. He's Argentinian, which means that all English football lovers instantly hate him (ala hand of god / diego simeone france '98) and he doesn't play in our league so it's not like we can be bias. If anything we should be biased towards Rooney but I can just admire Messi's skill.

Better than Rooney.

StefanWolves
21-03-2010, 12:10 PM
He's mesmeric every time he plays. It's not a fan boy when you can witness skill that lad has. He's Argentinian, which means that all English football lovers instantly hate him (ala hand of god / diego simeone france '98) and he doesn't play in our league so it's not like we can be bias. If anything we should be biased towards Rooney but I can just admire Messi's skill.

Better than Rooney.
wow someone else who speaks like he's a football pundit, your not. you can not say because messi has had a few good games on the trot that he is 'the best'. rooney has been playing phenomenal during the whole of this season, only time will tell who is 'the best', come the end of the season i still think it will be to close to call though.

btw you mention his 'skill', 'skill' doesn't earn you the right to be 'the best', goals does.

Browney
21-03-2010, 01:35 PM

Better than Rooney.

I've never denied that, in another thread I think I said something along the lines of I appreciate Messi's skill, he is a great player, but when a player who is not on form still plays better than someone who's on top of their form either means the player below form is absolutely unreal or there's a certain bias. A bias from football fans from England to say a foreign player is better, to show they have some greater knowledge or something. I don't hate the lad. I do admit it will be unbelievably close, but I shouldn't think people should rule Rooney out yet at all.

CHA!NGANG
21-03-2010, 07:46 PM
wow someone else who speaks like he's a football pundit, your not. you can not say because messi has had a few good games on the trot that he is 'the best'. rooney has been playing phenomenal during the whole of this season, only time will tell who is 'the best', come the end of the season i still think it will be to close to call though.

btw you mention his 'skill', 'skill' doesn't earn you the right to be 'the best', goals does.

So only strikers can be the best players in the world. There's no point in having the rest of the team then because they do nothing...

TickTockTickTock
21-03-2010, 08:08 PM

Incredibly fickle. Messi has been quality for around a year now, he was good before however the end of last season/start of this season he's been class. People say football is an art, in which case Messi is the Leonardo da Vinci of the game right now and he's not even peaked.

Goals earn you the right to be the best? Tell that to Cannavaro who has scored thirteen goals in his club career. Try telling that Terry a few years ago. Messi is a beautiful player. He loves the game, he plays it how it should be played. I'm in doubt Messi will be clinching the big 'en.

AgnesIO
21-03-2010, 08:09 PM

Him saying he has been sub-par says nothing.

He is a uality player, who unlike many doesn't get above himself.

Rooney could say he has been crap this season - nobody apart from him would think it.

Browney
21-03-2010, 08:15 PM
That is, in fact, Messi's response to his critics. Everyone over here is like OH MESSI but over there, people have been waking up, criticizing him about his lack to pass at times. Messi admitted that his critics may just have a point.

CHA!NGANG
21-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Oh and Messi has 30 Goals this season and Rooney has 32 so Messi doesn't exactly have a bad return either, especially as he isn't an out and out striker anyway. Messi also has 9 assists whilst Rooney has 5. So based on your goal and assists theory Wolves, Messi would win it anyway and Messi has played 6 games less..

Black_Apalachi
22-03-2010, 11:58 AM
I'm surprised it's even such a heated debate. Messi just surprises me every time I see him playing. If I ever went to the Nou Camp and watched him I'd probably think I was tripping or something! Rooney's an amazing player obviously, but he's no way as good as creating and making stuff happen out of nothing.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!