PDA

View Full Version : More Discipline in Schools

Gibs960
18-03-2010, 08:29 AM
At basically every primary school the only punishment is, miss your break, go to the headteacher. But they never actually teach anyone anything about what they've done cos all that they do is like make you in front of someone saying that you're wrong in what you did who at the end tells you to miss your break. Shouldn't teachers be taught the slightest bit of discipline apart from go to the head and miss your break.

Blinger1
18-03-2010, 08:39 AM
what do you want the teachers to do? Hold the 10 year old back for detention? Hit them with a cain? You do realise that these kids are pre-teenagers, right? Kids will be kids, you can't expect them to be mature about what they do!

RandomManJay
18-03-2010, 02:10 PM
I do agree with Blinger to some degree. But I also think that teachers can actually get the idea into the child that they have done something wrong which they mustn't do again. But technically theres no incentive to be better cause the punishments never increase in severity. I'm my primary school, you either had to stand in the corner, wait outside, stay in during break, or write lines. Then if all else failed you went to see the headmaster and got a letter home. But other than the letter home, nothing else really stuck or got worse.

In secondary school, there was detention (with three types, normal, department, and headmaster. Each one increased in time and the last you went to a headmaster to do it); report (you had to have 3 ticks in all you lessons otherwise the report would get worse until you went into seclusion); seclusion (where you had to sit in silence of work with a teacher watching over you at all times); suspension (kicked out of school for a period of time) and expulsion. You can see how effective it could be, but it would be really difficult to apply this to children with causing unnecessary harm to them (psychological of course).

AlexOC
18-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Bring back the cain i say.

Ok so not so literally, but i do think this whole 'if the teacher touches, pushes or shoves me the tiniest bit i am going to tell my mum and get her in and get my friends to write a witness report' has to stop. Children should be scared when they are caught messing around or talking instead of just thinking, ugh nothing too bad will happen to me. And if the teacher has to get the tiniest bit physical, so be it.

I am excluded from this law. Can't touch this.

Gibs960
18-03-2010, 05:03 PM
I mean should teachers learn to give punishments, instead of handing over to the headteacher.

-:Undertaker:-
18-03-2010, 06:34 PM
I support bringing back corporal punishment for the most extreme of cases and only headmasters would be allowed to use them. The fact of the matter is; it worked and all the methods tried and tested after it was phased out have failed. Although nobody will listen, because now we live in a country and a world where people blame everything on somebody else rather than themselves and never take any responsibility. Its all childrens rights and criminals rights now, never the rights of the victim or of the children they are effecting through their disruption.

If you dont break the rules then you wont be punished; pretty simple concept.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!