PDA

View Full Version : Exclusions because of Facebook?

Homosexual
20-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Basically, some kid started a Facebook group about a teacher, which wasn't profane. However, ex-students and current students were adding comments or liking posts, many of which were horrible towards the teacher. However, the teacher is completely hated and is suspected of having an affair. Also, the same teacher repeatedly said, beforehand, "don't bring your private life or stuff from facebook into school", which is exactly what he's doing.

Over thirty students have been excluded for liking or adding comments.

Do you think it's right or wrong? :/

Thanks (:

Special
20-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Similar thing in my school.

Some year 9 girl made a hate group about a teacher (who everyone hates)

The girl got excluded but the people who joined/made comments got a warning & a letter home

Gibs960
20-03-2010, 09:52 PM
No, because what is a facebook group going to do? They should get a letter home, not exclusion.

Melsia
20-03-2010, 10:17 PM
People in my school got warnings for making a FAN page about a teacher...
If you think about it if the student said all the mean things to the teachers face they'd probably get excluded so saying it on facebook kinda deserves that.

dbgtz
20-03-2010, 10:24 PM
theres loads of hate ones about teachers at my school, they only hate it when you impersonate them.

AgnesIO
20-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Happened in my school when we started 'online learning day' (when it snows)

People made groups saying it is pathetic and stupid. SOme people called our head 'a ****'

Didn't go down too well to say the least lool

Monopoly
20-03-2010, 10:28 PM
Happened in my school. Some girl made a Bebo group about a ***** teacher. The girl who made it was excluded for six weeks, and all members got up to ten days. It was mental. Parents were raginnnn.

Inseriousity.
20-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Exclusions, probably not but I don't think it should go ignored just because it's on facebook. Teachers are just doing a job, hated or not. No-one makes hate pages against a grouchy shopkeeper, I think it's slightly unfair that teachers are expected to put up with such ridicule sometimes (chavvy youtube videos being particularly horrible).

Oh and they really hate ratemyteacher.com :P

Bewilcorp
29-03-2010, 10:05 PM
I think exclusions are abit harsh but i think some think should be done. If someone made a fan page about you, what would you feel?

Also, if there is information on there about him/her, including photos, then from what I know the teacher has every right to sue the creator of the fan page.

I actually was accused of making a fan page on Bebo many years ago. All that happened was my phone was searched, head had ago at us and that's it.

Wig44.
29-03-2010, 10:33 PM
Someone filmed one of our RE lessons which always get well out of hand and put it on youtube. They were almost expelled - which I think is wrong.

Smits
29-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Two people got kicked out for making a group about our college central heating. Aparently it gives the college a bad name

Bit harsh imo, if they make a grouop with the full name it's out of order, because you wouldnt make one about any other individual. But for liking a status or commenting is too far.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!