PDA

View Full Version : Confused on whether to please my dad or myself >.<

MrGazet
24-03-2010, 01:06 AM
Right,I just got quite a good result for an important examination.Problem is,my maths isn't that great which sucks.You see,I always wanted to study biology and since my maths sucks,I'm not eligible to apply scholarship in that field.

Now,my father wants me to take up accountancy which I got A but not really interested.He is very persistent of me becoming a chartered accountant :(

I'm really confused.I want to study what I love but then if I take up accountancy,dad will have everything set up for me

Now,I feel like I should just take up accountancy..ugh

Common problem this is no?

Blinger1
24-03-2010, 01:08 AM
are you living your life is your dad living your life?

It'll be tough but do what you want to do and if he is a decent father, he will accept it.

Alkaz
24-03-2010, 01:09 AM
Unless you are willing to re-train at any point in your life then I would suggest going for what you want, don't want to be in a job you don't enjoy and dread getting up to in the mornings.

MrGazet
24-03-2010, 01:14 AM
Ugh,I know we're supposed to do what we like.In fact I'm really pissed cause I think he wants me to take up his dream career-not mine !

But,I've applied some scholarship for accountancy.If I managed to get hold of one,I'd doubt he'll want me to let go of it.

brandon
24-03-2010, 01:22 AM
Speak to him, let him know how you feel and tell him that you don't want to be in accountancy.

If he's reasonable then he'll understand.

Gibs960
24-03-2010, 08:18 AM
Do what makes you happy, your dad won't be the one with no job if you just don't like it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!