PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Van Der Star!

United-Clowgon
28-03-2010, 10:18 AM
Two top, top class saves he made yesterday. Arguably in the top 5 of the best keepers in the world.

The way he plays at his age you would think he was still 30. If only we signed him earlier.

AgnesIO
28-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Jamie Jones Orient keeper made two top, top class saves a few weeks ago. Can I make a thread?

Kidding. Anyway he is a very good keeper, although I would take Casillas about him any day.

Jibbish
28-03-2010, 10:58 AM
he is no where as good as casillas & cesar

CHA!NGANG
28-03-2010, 11:12 AM
I wouldn't say that he's no where near as good as them because he is imo. I'd have to say that Casillas and Cesar edge him and there are quite a few world class keepers in the world that might edge him too but he's close to them. I'd kill to have someone like him in goal. My top 5 would probably be:

Casillas
Cesar
Riena
Valdez (Very underrated)
V.D.S

Then outside that there's Diego Lopez, Buffon, Cech, Given and then all the young keepers like Akinfeev, Lloris, Neuer, Adler and others.

Jibbish
28-03-2010, 11:34 AM
just my opinion though

Jack.Lfc
28-03-2010, 11:41 AM
I wouldn't say that he's no where near as good as them because he is imo. I'd have to say that Casillas and Cesar edge him and there are quite a few world class keepers in the world that might edge him too but he's close to them. I'd kill to have someone like him in goal. My top 5 would probably be:

Casillas
Cesar
Riena
Valdez (Very underrated)
V.D.S

Then outside that there's Diego Lopez, Buffon, Cech, Given and then all the young keepers like Akinfeev, Lloris, Neuer, Adler and others.

Cant argue with that.

Think al make a post everytime a keeper makes a good save.

United-Clowgon
28-03-2010, 11:57 AM
I don't think some of you understand - I didn't just create this thread on the basis that he made two great saves yesterday but mainly on the basis of Edwin's consistent form since he's been with us.

How many keepers do you know age the age of 40 who is still playing football.. top flight football and is as good and as consistent as Edwin?

I think you'll find there isn't any.

Post of the day yep.

JackBuddy
28-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Two top, top class saves he made yesterday. Arguably in the top 5 of the best keepers in the world.

The way he plays at his age you would think he was still 30. If only we signed him earlier.
Was this before or after he left his goal wide open while he was moaping behind the goal?

StefanWolves
28-03-2010, 02:48 PM

Casillas
Cesar
Riena
Valdez (Very underrated)
V.D.S

Valdez above Cech and Buffon? are you on crack? Buffon has to be in the top three best in the world, surely?

REINA IN THE TOP 3???????

CHA!NGANG
28-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Valdez above Cech and Buffon? are you on crack? Buffon has to in the top three best in the world, surely?

I find him overrated myself. He'd probably be 6th but that's just my opinion. Still a top class keeper don't get be wrong but Valdez is very underrated. I'd put him above Cech for sure because he hasn't been the same keeper as before his injury. Buffon, I can see why you'd put him above Valdez but I think Valdez is better at the moment imo.

United-Clowgon
28-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Pfft and someone says my ''football knowledge'' is poor. :rolleyes:

AgnesIO
28-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Spain has three of the best keepers in the world, and considering there re only around 6 I rate as quality (maybe 5), that is impressive.
Valdez is way underrated.

StefanWolves
28-03-2010, 03:02 PM

you're insane...

CHA!NGANG
28-03-2010, 03:08 PM

Who are you talking about?

EDIT: Yeah I think Riena would be 3rd in the world but again my opinion. It's hard to seperate the worlds best keepers really because they all do a solid job in every game. Buffon a couple years ago would have got into my top 3 but atm I'd actually say Riena was better than him. I'd also say Riena is better than V.D.S and I based putting him over Valdez mainly because he is above him in the pecking order for Spain and they are both equally as good really.

If I was going to change it then I'd have put Buffon in the top 5 instead of V.D.S but I still think that order's right.

United-Clowgon
28-03-2010, 03:26 PM
you're insane...

Some of the worlds famous scientists were insane but they discovered and found some of the greatest things we've seen in this world yet they were great.

It's the same with me. Insane, but great. (H)

You know you love me really. ;) Love you too babes. x

Who are you talking about?

EDIT: Yeah I think Riena would be 3rd in the world but again my opinion. It's hard to seperate the worlds best keepers really because they all do a solid job in every game. Buffon a couple years ago would have got into my top 3 but atm I'd actually say Riena was better than him. I'd also say Riena is better than V.D.S and I based putting him over Valdez mainly because he is above him in the pecking order for Spain and they are both equally as good really.

If I was going to change it then I'd have put Buffon in the top 5 instead of V.D.S but I still think that order's right.

You :P YOu said my football knowledge is poor. :(

Browney
28-03-2010, 03:35 PM
I find him overrated myself. He'd probably be 6th but that's just my opinion. Still a top class keeper don't get be wrong but Valdez is very underrated. I'd put him above Cech for sure because he hasn't been the same keeper as before his injury. Buffon, I can see why you'd put him above Valdez but I think Valdez is better at the moment imo.

There's a reason he is!

CHA!NGANG
28-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Some of the worlds famous scientists were insane but they discovered and found some of the greatest things we've seen in this world yet they were great.

Yeah it is at times like when you said Mascherano is crap...

Anyway, I don't see how anything I said isn't arguably true and like I said it's all my opinion. Have you even watched Buffon play a lot?

JackBuddy
28-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Yes all these goalies are good, but you have to remember the defence in front of United, Barca, Inter, Pool etc compliment them greatly. I'm sure if they played for Burnley we'd see who really is best.

FlyingJesus
28-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Hilario, anyone? :(

StefanWolves
28-03-2010, 04:13 PM

i'm not gay, sorry

AgnesIO
28-03-2010, 04:15 PM
i'm not gay, sorry

I have already repped you in this thread, so you can stop making me laugh k :P

If I could double rep I so would haha

United-Clowgon
28-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Yeah it is at times like when you said Mascherano is crap...

Anyway, I don't see how anything I said isn't arguably true and like I said it's all my opinion. Have you even watched Buffon play a lot?

I suppose i was wrong to say he's crap but tbh, but ask yourself, has ever really shined in the big games? Has he ever.. really shined in the games that when his team need him to play a big part in, 'em important games.. has he shined? He's been quite poor in those type of games, he's not made much of of an impact and has either been red carded in them games or in last weeks incident against us - cost Liverpool the game. :P

Hilario, anyone? :(

LOL. He's in the top 10 fa sure.

i'm not gay, sorry

You don't have to be gay to like the same sex. How do we know that your not bisexual. ;)

StefanWolves
28-03-2010, 04:44 PM
because i have a girl friend, and i'm confident of my sexuality, unlike you

United-Clowgon
28-03-2010, 04:54 PM
because i have a girl friend, and i'm confident of my sexuality, unlike you

Confident? LOL. I know exactly what i am Mr 50% unsure.

;)

JackBuddy
28-03-2010, 05:24 PM
I suppose i was wrong to say he's crap but tbh, but ask yourself, has ever really shined in the big games? Has he ever.. really shined in the games that when his team need him to play a big part in, 'em important games.. has he shined? He's been quite poor in those type of games, he's not made much of of an impact and has either been red carded in them games or in last weeks incident against us - cost Liverpool the game. :P
His work often goes un-noticed. It's not his job to strive forward and score lots of goals. He does the team's dirty work and adds extra protection to midfield. Yes, his disciplinary record isn't great but he is very good at fulfilling his role. He does the same sorta job as Palacios, Cattermole, Makelelé, Muamba, Song etc etc.

Arron
28-03-2010, 06:33 PM
I think Almunia has to be up there somewhere.

yeah by far Edwin is a top class keeper. one of the best in the PL and in the World, considering his age as you say. His agility amazes me.

CHA!NGANG
28-03-2010, 06:38 PM
I think Almunia has to be up there somewhere.

yeah by far Edwin is a top class keeper. one of the best in the PL and in the World, considering his age as you say. His agility amazes me.

Are you being serious?

Arron
28-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Am I being serious? No.

(:

CHA!NGANG
28-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Am I being serious? No.

(:

Good, was hard to tell :( We need one of those keepers though and hopefully Wenger will finally see that.

Arron
28-03-2010, 06:52 PM
I've said before - Brian Jensen! :)
He'd suit Arsenal.

CHA!NGANG
28-03-2010, 07:06 PM
I've said before - Brian Jensen! :)
He'd suit Arsenal.

Hmm, so we've gone from a crap keeper, to a keeper that is about to be relegated. I don't think it's a big improvement. He's a decent mid-table keeper, nothing more.

Arron
28-03-2010, 08:10 PM
I'm sure Brian's better.

Browney
28-03-2010, 08:16 PM
What about Craig Gordon?

Black_Apalachi
29-03-2010, 01:01 AM
What about Craig Gordon?

and Joe Hart

Was this before or after he left his goal wide open while he was moaping behind the goal?

Was just about to mention that myself :L

Hang on, I'm confused.... doesn't VDS play for United? :eusa_thin

Jack.Lfc
29-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Have any of you watched spanish football lately? Cassias has been woeful.

JackBuddy
29-03-2010, 01:57 PM

People just assume he's amazing because he plays for a big club.

AgnesIO
29-03-2010, 02:59 PM

Casillas like every player has bad times.

luce
29-03-2010, 04:33 PM
He is very good and i think it would be hard to find a keeper who plays like he does at 40 he looks really fit and well. Although i didn't appreciate him leaving an open goal for a corner. Shame they couldn't capitalize on it really .. lol

CHA!NGANG
29-03-2010, 05:10 PM

Hasn't been at his best lately but is still the best in the world I think. Plus he hasn't actually got an amazing defence infront of him, in fact I'd take our defence over Real Madrids.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!