PDA

View Full Version : United V Barca... Champs lg final?

United-Clowgon
29-03-2010, 08:10 AM
I'm confident that we'll make it past Bayern. I watched parts of thier game on Saturday and they were quite poor. Ribbery, came on in the closing stages of the second half - He couldn't make a impact. Robben looks to be out of the tie.

These two players are the key in getting through to the semi's.. van bommel could also play a key role in both games but i think our squad have enough firepower to win both ties.

Then, we make it through to the Semi's, Lyon or Bordeaux - Not exactly 'world class opponents' but you never know with Lyon, they played well in both of their ties against Real Madrid.

I'm confident though we'll make it through whoever we play in the semi's.

But then again, theres is Arsenal, Inter... Arsenal are capable of winning barca but i think Fabri will be the key in winning the tie.

I seriously think we would of won it if Fletcher wasn't suspended for the tie last year and if fit i'm 100 percent sure he will start if we do get to the final and play Barcelona.

Thoughts?

Closed by iAdam (Forum Super Moderator); To prevent further arguments.

Adamm
29-03-2010, 08:20 AM
Inter Milan to win the whole thing, they're scarily dangerous.

Jack.Lfc
29-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Don't be suprised if bayern win

JackBuddy
29-03-2010, 01:58 PM
'Firepower' is probably what your team lacks most. You only have Wayne Rooney scoring most of your goals. It says something about your strikers when your second highest scorers are own goals.

Berbatov, Owen and Diouf have hardly shined.

Browney
29-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Or United tend to play with one up quite often...

United should beat Bayern but the French sides will be far more difficult. Inter should coast through, setting up a neat little match against Barcelona, no disrespect to Arsenal. But Even Inter haven't been on form domestically.

luce
29-03-2010, 04:36 PM
I think we will get through and then if we do i think the semis will be easier, it just depends if we turn up really - like all games. Inter Milan have a top 2 manager in the world and have a good team i think they will be in the final with United but then again anything can happen because real were knocked out my lyon ;)! Would like a repeat final though if im honest.

CHA!NGANG
29-03-2010, 05:15 PM
I can see United beating Bayern but don't underestimate the French teams, they are both good sides but United should make the final. I recon we will go out on away goals to Barca, and then Inter will beat Barca so yeah, a United - Inter final with Inter winning and Jose will leave at the end of all that to go to City, Liverpool, or Real Madrid.

Titch
29-03-2010, 05:39 PM
I can see United beating Bayern but don't underestimate the French teams, they are both good sides but United should make the final. I recon we will go out on away goals to Barca, and then Inter will beat Barca so yeah, a United - Inter final with Inter winning and Jose will leave at the end of all that to go to City, Liverpool, or Real Madrid.

Man vs inter final, manchester united wins, fergie retires, jose comes to united

Geraint
29-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Man Utd will get to the final. If Arsenal beat Barca which I think they will, I think they'll beat Inter and if Barca beat Arsenal, Barca'll beat Inter. For me, it's a Man Utd - Arsenal/Barcelona

Although, I'm probably being biased on Arsenal's behalf but on their day, they can beat anyone.

Sameer!
29-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Yep, Arsenal WILL get completely crushed by Barcelona.

CHA!NGANG
29-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Hmk if you say so..

Titch
29-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Yep, Arsenal WILL get completely crushed by Barcelona.

Not really, any of the teams in CL now can beat barca in my opinion, they just have to play better than them and arsenal on a good day can (and thts coming from a Manchester United supporter so cant say its bais)

CHA!NGANG
29-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Barca aren't even amazing this year. Don't get me wrong they are still a great side and still probably the best in the world but they're nowhere near as good as last year and they can be beaten like the post above said by any side in the CL left. I think that we'll manage a win in 1 leg, and a loss in the other and Barca will go through on away goals, just a feeling but I still think that we can win.

United-Clowgon
29-03-2010, 07:37 PM
'Firepower' is probably what your team lacks most. You only have Wayne Rooney scoring most of your goals. It says something about your strikers when your second highest scorers are own goals.

Berbatov, Owen and Diouf have hardly shined.

Sometimes we lack it but we didn't have Rooney on Saturday and we managed to score 4 past Bolton. I think it would be fair to say we lack consistent flair in parts of midfield and sometimes in strike.

Or United tend to play with one up quite often...

United should beat Bayern but the French sides will be far more difficult. Inter should coast through, setting up a neat little match against Barcelona, no disrespect to Arsenal. But Even Inter haven't been on form domestically.

Yeah, Lyon pretty much have the same team we beat last year apart from Lyon not having Benzema - They beat Real Madrid yes, but they are still gelling as a team. I'm confident if we play them - It shouldn't be a tough task in beating them.

I think we will get through and then if we do i think the semis will be easier, it just depends if we turn up really - like all games. Inter Milan have a top 2 manager in the world and have a good team i think they will be in the final with United but then again anything can happen because real were knocked out my lyon ;)! Would like a repeat final though if im honest.

Hmm yea i agree..

I'm not underestimating them but i don't think anyone - espesh them, should get carried away thinking they can beat anyone. They beat a Real Madrid team who are struggling to gel together, but then again, they are World class footballers, it shouldn't be that hard for them to know which thier teammates have different attributes.

With Jose leaving, i cant see him leaving and going to City or anyone else. He has always insisted that he wants the Job at United. LOl manager of City - It would be a down from Inter and Chelsea. :P

Man vs inter final, manchester united wins, fergie retires, jose comes to united

I can't see Fergie retiring... i think he would want to win at least 5 European cups be on par with Liverpool and same with the League - who knows, but i think Fergie will be here for a few more years for sure.

Barca aren't even amazing this year. Don't get me wrong they are still a great side and still probably the best in the world but they're nowhere near as good as last year and they can be beaten like the post above said by any side in the CL left. I think that we'll manage a win in 1 leg, and a loss in the other and Barca will go through on away goals, just a feeling but I still think that we can win.

I agree, Barca isn't a team that cannot be beaten, a few weeks ago they put out a really good side and they got beaten, they've draw and lost a few more other games of this season. I think if you get the tactics right and you go into the game with a game/match plan you can beat them.

In thier group stages they were struggling, they still put out their strongest team. I don't know if the players were cocky and thought it would be eaiser getting through the group stages but seriously, Barca are a great side but not that great that they cannot be beaten.

JackBuddy
29-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Sometimes we lack it but we didn't have Rooney on Saturday and we managed to score 4 past Bolton. I think it would be fair to say we lack consistent flair in parts of midfield and sometimes in strike.

Yeah, Lyon pretty much have the same team we beat last year apart from Lyon not having Benzema - They beat Real Madrid yes, but they are still gelling as a team. I'm confident if we play them - It shouldn't be a tough task in beating them.

Hmm yea i agree..

I'm not underestimating them but i don't think anyone - espesh them, should get carried away thinking they can beat anyone. They beat a Real Madrid team who are struggling to gel together, but then again, they are World class footballers, it shouldn't be that hard for them to know which thier teammates have different attributes.

With Jose leaving, i cant see him leaving and going to City or anyone else. He has always insisted that he wants the Job at United. LOl manager of City - It would be a down from Inter and Chelsea. :P

I can't see Fergie retiring... i think he would want to win at least 5 European cups be on par with Liverpool and same with the League - who knows, but i think Fergie will be here for a few more years for sure.

I agree, Barca isn't a team that cannot be beaten, a few weeks ago they put out a really good side and they got beaten, they've draw and lost a few more other games of this season. I think if you get the tactics right and you go into the game with a game/match plan you can beat them.

In thier group stages they were struggling, they still put out their strongest team. I don't know if the players were cocky and thought it would be eaiser getting through the group stages but seriously, Barca are a great side but not that great that they cannot be beaten.

Man City now isn't too dissimilar to when he took over Chelsea.

CHA!NGANG
29-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Yeah I was gona say. He wanted to go to Liverpool because of the history, and thought that Chelsea were just going to be an experiment but then Rafa got hired at Liverpool and Roman said that he will commit to Chelsea and offered Mourinho lots of money and he went to Chelsea. It's pretty much the exact same situation this time, but with City and United.

Oh and forget Lyon, Bordeaux are the team to watch ;)

United-Clowgon
29-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Man City now isn't too dissimilar to when he took over Chelsea.

I agree but Man City isn't as stable as Chelsea. They want to achieve everything in one season and if that manager don't, they will sack him.

Look at Sparky for example, wasn't doing great domestically but was doing great in the League. City are not doing to bad in the League now but i think it was unfair to Mark.

They only gave him a few months which was ridiculous considering the position they was in.. in the league.

Chelsea's no different tbh, Avarm Grant did a terrific job when he taken over from Jose. Roman didn't see this and he wanted his own way. Since then, Chelsea haven't won anything "spectacular"

Maybe Jose wants to be apart of something stable. At United, your guaranteed to get a good chance and Jose likes the lavish, spicy football life, i think United would be the place to get that compared to the likes of City, Liverpool ect. United suits his personality.

Maybe Barca and Real Madid would probably been the other two.

Yeah I was gona say. He wanted to go to Liverpool because of the history

Oh and forget Lyon, Bordeaux are the team to watch ;)

I bet he's glad he didn't went there after all. :P

JackBuddy
29-03-2010, 09:24 PM
I agree but Man City isn't as stable as Chelsea. They want to achieve everything in one season and if that manager don't, they will sack him.

Look at Sparky for example, wasn't doing great domestically but was doing great in the League. City are not doing to bad in the League now but i think it was unfair to Mark.

They only gave him a few months which was ridiculous considering the position they was in.. in the league.

Ranieri?

It's exactly the same situation...

Black_Apalachi
30-03-2010, 12:35 PM

You want Taggart out? That's United "fans" all over!

... I bet he's glad he didn't went there after all. :P

Yeah because one bad season erases all of our history doesn't it

Anyway I thought you said it was all Rafa's fault? Make up your mind.

Browney
30-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Ribery to show the world he's overrated.

Jack.Lfc
30-03-2010, 03:23 PM

Find me a quote.

United-Clowgon
30-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Ranieri?

It's exactly the same situation...

Eactly, that's why i'm saying these two Clubs are not really stable and comitted in terms of supporting thier managers. They want quick sucsess which unfortuantly for some, takes time.

You want Taggart out? That's United "fans" all over!

Yeah because one bad season erases all of our history doesn't it

Anyway I thought you said it was all Rafa's fault? Make up your mind.

LOL. I didn't say it was all Rafa's fault. It's the whole of Liverpool, ya Club is on the brink of collapse. Your not worth how much you was the same time 3 years ago. The next Leeds or Portsmouth,... ya never know!

Sorry i had to get that troll out of my system. :P

Ribery to show the world he's overrated.

LOL. I would be very anger if we spent 40 Million on someone like him. I think Di Mari or w/e his name.. the one who playes for Benfica looks more promising and Ribbery is injury prone anyway, risky investment.

Find me a quote.

"I would consider going to Manchester United but United have to consider if they want me to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson," he said. "If they do, then of course.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/manutd/5922714/Jose-Mourinho-wants-to-succeed-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-at-Manchester-United.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1238626/Mourinho-wants-United-job-I

CHA!NGANG
30-03-2010, 03:58 PM
The quote you posted doesn't mean that he only wants the United job at all. He said if United want him then he'll go but it doesn't mean he won't go to City or Liverpool, almost any manager in the world would probably go to United, it doesn't mean that they would only go to United... I didn't read the two links so ignore what I said if they are different.

Jack.Lfc
30-03-2010, 04:03 PM
You must be mad to think he would not join city.

+

Do you think he would join united with the current circus?

United-Clowgon
30-03-2010, 04:38 PM
The quote you posted doesn't mean that he only wants the United job at all. He said if United want him then he'll go but it doesn't mean he won't go to City or Liverpool, almost any manager in the world would probably go to United, it doesn't mean that they would only go to United... I didn't read the two links so ignore what I said if they are different.

He turned down City because he wanted to be the Manger of United.. He's holding on.. it's not like he's 88 and he's got a few years left in him.. he's still in he's 40's. Plenty of time to go to another Club like City and then United.

But the chances are if he went to City, someone else might get the managerial job, chances are whoever is the next manager will be the Manager at United for quite some time.

Perhaps he doesn't fancy waiting a few more years when he has the job in his grasp.

You must be mad to think he would not join city.

+

Do you think he would join united with the current circus?

Your a troll of the highest order.

What circus? The debts? Get real, nearly every single Club nowadays are in debt. Is the debt effecting the way we play? No. There's isn't a circus at United. There's a certaintly a circus at Liverpool. Rafa and two mindless Clowns of a owners and then, you have the players... :P

You dare say there's a circus at United... Are you sure you are on Planet "Earth"?:rolleyes:

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic, think before you speak.

Jack.Lfc
30-03-2010, 04:41 PM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_united/article7048410.ece

http://soundcloud.com/bedhead-music-productions/green-and-gold-the-haglems-ft-manchester-united-true-supporters

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.datm.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/norwich-badge.png&imgrefurl=http://www.datm.info/terriers-on-tour/norwich-city&usg=__bXNXJiXnODHxv-c3GCXSPj8Ty_0=&h=300&w=268&sz=59&hl=en&start=1&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=S4B905fpe3LbyM:&tbnh=116&tbnw=104&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dnorwich%2Bbadge%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26 client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26tbs%3Disch:1 (http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.datm.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/norwich-badge.png&imgrefurl=http://www.datm.info/terriers-on-tour/norwich-city&usg=__bXNXJiXnODHxv-c3GCXSPj8Ty_0=&h=300&w=268&sz=59&hl=en&start=1&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=S4B905fpe3LbyM:&tbnh=116&tbnw=104&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dnorwich%2Bbadge%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26 client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26tbs%3Disch:1)

United-Clowgon
30-03-2010, 04:46 PM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_united/article7048410.ece

Pathetic. It's more stable here then it is at Liverpool.

Your team has lost the plot,
Your Manager has the lost the plot
Your Owners have lost the plot with their public outburst and arguing with each other

Everyone is looking at Liverpool and laughing. :P

Why would Jose aka "The special one" would want to come manage a clown of a Club like yours? :)

CHA!NGANG
30-03-2010, 04:48 PM
So Liverpool are a clown club? I stick to my previous statement when I said you know nothing about football in that case. Almost every manager in the world would kill to come to Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool or United and with City on the up then most managers would go there too. Mourinho would probably love to go to United sure, but it doesn't mean that he will wait for that job. If he wants to leave Inter, then he could go anywhere in the world he wanted and he won't wait for United, if he goes to Liverpool then he'll go for good and not to kill some time before the United job opens up which it won't for a good 2-3 years.

Jack.Lfc
30-03-2010, 04:49 PM
I dont want him managing.

The funny thing is you want him at united, when ferguson has a good record in almost everything( apart from his abysmal european record). United will be ****** when ferguson goes.

(Your Owners have lost the plot with their public outburst and arguing with each other)

Atleast there willing to sell!!!

Mourinho will be at city next, where he has money.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!