PDA

View Full Version : I'd hate to manage Chelsea.

Browney
30-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Aging squad, an owner now worth half as much, fans with massive expectations, a tiny stadium, poor history. Jus' sayin'.

I'd hate to manage Liverpool, also. You can get away with murder as manager of Arsenal. No trophies? That's fine, your team has "potential" and that's all we need! Manchester United are skint, but could work themselves out of a rut and if you had confidence of securing the people City need, City would be an absolute dream. But if you don't get results immediately, it'll be a pain in the arse.

CHA!NGANG
30-03-2010, 05:15 PM
You say that about Arsenal but if it was any other manager they'd be sacked by now. But because it's Wenger and he's had such a good reputation the board know he will deliver eventually and it's only a matter of time. On top of that, he doesn't actually loose the owners any money because of his clever transfers so they aren't really loosing out on anything until he does eventually win something again.

Chelsea, isn't a great job, United would be good with new owners, Same goes for Liverpool, and City has a lot of expectations, and I think there's only a handful of managers that the owner wouldn't sack straight away and Mourinho is one of them.

AgnesIO
30-03-2010, 05:15 PM
'Hal as much'

You make it sound as if he is now poor..

Adamm
30-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Sounds like an FM Challenge to me!

Jack.Lfc
30-03-2010, 05:40 PM
When ferguson goes united will be like chelsea.

luce
30-03-2010, 06:13 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by iAdam (Forum Super Moderator); Please do not be rude to other forum members.

Browney
30-03-2010, 07:26 PM
'Hal as much'

You make it sound as if he is now poor..

As I said, there's big expectations at Chelsea, and there's an aging squad. Rumours are that the transfer kitty will be piddles. So I'd have to replace Terry, Lamps, Ballack, Deco, Drogba, Anelka and even Joe Cole's on his way out, with players of the same quality with half as much money.

Blinger1
30-03-2010, 07:28 PM
When ferguson goes united will be like chelsea.
Ferguson is that old dude right? He has been with united for about 50 years? (okay maybe not that long, but forever) if so, he is the only manager i know :S

Jack.Lfc
30-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Ferguson is that old dude right? He has been with united for about 50 years? (okay maybe not that long, but forever) if so, he is the only manager i know :S

Yeh
25 years i think.

Blinger1
30-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Yeh
25 years i think.

Ya! thats him,
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/04_02/Ferguson_468x398.jpg

Arron
30-03-2010, 09:02 PM
him and his bloody chewing gum.. :)
some managers should try it.

Black_Apalachi
31-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Chewin' the cud lol

Best banner I ever saw was the one the Chelsea fans had; 'Proud of our History' :L:L:L

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!