PDA

View Full Version : Champions League Midweek Games 2

CHA!NGANG
30-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Someone decided to close the other one for no reason at all so here is a new one.

Arsenal to win the CL tbh.

Arron
30-03-2010, 09:21 PM
your task is to beat Barca, Inter and then Bayern/Man U.
goodluck :)

StefanWolves
30-03-2010, 09:22 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by iAdam (Forum Super Moderator); Please do not post to cause arguments.

-Heart
30-03-2010, 09:23 PM
your task is to beat Barca, Inter and then Bayern/Man U.
goodluck :)
Sit back down lad.

Jack.Lfc
30-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Must be a man u fan

Catzsy
31-03-2010, 09:23 AM
Someone decided to close the other one for no reason at all so here is a new one.

Arsenal to win the CL tbh.

I think it was the member as he has VIP. :)

TickTockTickTock
31-03-2010, 11:19 AM
Quality game on tonight. As for Munich, utter class. I see Clowgon has a ban, I take it he got all upset when Wooney got injured and decided to take it out on people on HxF on his iPhone instead of the referee whilst in the stands?

I think it was the member as he has VIP. :)
Exactly why VIP is a joke.

Catzsy
31-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Quality game on tonight. As for Munich, utter class. I see Clowgon has a ban, I take it he got all upset when Wooney got injured and decided to take it out on people on HxF on his iPhone instead of the referee whilst in the stands?

Exactly why VIP is a joke.

Well they can close only! - sorry I appeared to go off-topic a bit. Sorry to drag you in to. :)

Titch
31-03-2010, 02:49 PM
I closed the thread because i didn't want to discuss it anymore because i didn't like the way the thread was going, which i am entitled to do. thanks

StefanWolves
31-03-2010, 02:57 PM
one comment was off topic? the rest of it was on topic :S you're just a sore looser and can't take loosing.

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Moderator): please do not be rude to others.

CHA!NGANG
31-03-2010, 02:59 PM
You may have started the thread, but everyone was posting in it and just because you didn't want to post in it anymore and didn't like the way it was going doesn't mean that no-one else does, if you looked or posted in the Sports forum before a lot then you'd see that discussions like that happen all the time because it is a Sports forum where there will be a lot of different opinions. Stupid VIP feature if you ask me, why bother posting a thread if you're just going to close it again.

Jack.Lfc
31-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Have nothing against arsenal, but i want Barca to win this one.

This is because i feel they can give united more of a game if they where to get to the final.

Titch
31-03-2010, 03:02 PM
one comment was off topic? the rest of it was on topic :S you're just a sore looser and can't take loosing.

i sore loser when i stated my team did not deserve to win and that the other team played well and deserved to win, erm i think not?

EVERY single thread in this forum turns into arguments between you lot and if you think that is fun, go ahead with it, but if i post a thread and it turns in a discussion i dont like i am going to close it like i am entitled to.

Jack.Lfc
31-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Titch is a sore loser.

Edited by Catzsy(Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude to others.

CHA!NGANG
31-03-2010, 03:05 PM
i sore loser when i stated my team did not deserve to win and that the other team played well and deserved to win, erm i think not?

EVERY single thread in this forum turns into arguments between you lot and if you think that is fun, go ahead with it, but if i post a thread and it turns in a discussion i dont like i am going to close it like i am entitled to.

The whole point of talking about football is that there will be heated arguements, and there will be discussions... I don't understand why you can't see that. Everyone else in the forum doesn't take what is said to heart and can joke about it, I don't see why you have to be different and close a thread for no reason. If you don't like the thread then don't post in it, it doesn't mean you should close it and make sure that no-one else can post about it. Oh and as for being entitled to it, I stick to my whole point about it being a pointless feature.

Catzsy
31-03-2010, 03:10 PM
The whole point of talking about football is that there will be heated arguements, and there will be discussions... I don't understand why you can't see that. Everyone else in the forum doesn't take what is said to heart and can joke about it, I don't see why you have to be different and close a thread for no reason. If you don't like the thread then don't post in it, it doesn't mean you should close it and make sure that no-one else can post about it. Oh and as for being entitled to it, I stick to my whole point about it being a pointless feature.

Well he is entitled to close a thread as it stands and maybe if you disagree post in feedback?
Anyway would be greatful if all could get back to the main topic of the thread otherwise I might have to close it. Thanks =]

CHA!NGANG
31-03-2010, 03:13 PM
Will do. Anyway, Henry should get a good reception, looking forward to that actually and I doubt Fabregas will play which I'm not looking forward too.

Black_Apalachi
31-03-2010, 06:04 PM
I really can't see Arsenal beating Barce tonight. To me, Barce are like United in that they have one main striker who is amazing with an average (in comparison) team behind him but Barce's is just better.

But you're the only person arguing in either thread? :S:S:S:S:S:S

CHA!NGANG
31-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Well I wouldn't call the rest of Barca average. Without Messi i'm sure they'd still smash most teams to be honest. Valdez, Dani Alves, Puyol, Pique, Xavi, Iniesta, Ibra, Henry. 8 top class players. United have VDS, Vidic, Evra, so basically a world class defence.

Black_Apalachi
31-03-2010, 06:23 PM

Yeah when I was talking about Barcelona I said in comparison though.

StefanWolves
31-03-2010, 06:47 PM
so far, arsenal are getting steam rolled.

CHA!NGANG
31-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Yes we are in the first 4 mins but normally takes time for us to start. And Barcelona aka Barca.

StefanWolves
31-03-2010, 06:52 PM
you should be loosing 3-0 already

CHA!NGANG
31-03-2010, 06:53 PM
We would be if it wasn't for the great Almunia -bows-. Watch him make a real clanger later on. Wow we're getting beat bad so far.

StefanWolves
31-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Song is just trying to muscle Messi out of the game, but every time he tries, Messi is already two meters in front of him...

StefanWolves
31-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Just wow, Barca are playing amazing - If Arsenal aren't careful this TIE could be over within the next 30 minutes.

Almunia is playing amazing so far.

CHA!NGANG
31-03-2010, 07:01 PM
Ooooh Almunia has actually turned up to this game.

Wow we are crap so far. Defence is non existance and so is the attack, oh and the midfield. It's Almunia vs Barca.

Adamm
31-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Who is that kid in Arsenal's net?

StefanWolves
31-03-2010, 07:10 PM
arsenal coming into it now.

amazing game so far

StefanWolves
31-03-2010, 07:27 PM
hahahah sol campbell may be coming on, if so he's going to get ripped to shreds

**** how was that a yellow for fabregas? ******* pathetic, referees this awful piss me off, they simply ruin games/ties :@

Titch
31-03-2010, 07:34 PM
I now rate Almunia, he had stepped up his game sooooo much and if weren't for him you could easily be 3-0 down!

Ref is a complete joke, how the hell was that a yellow card for fabregas, seems to be favoring Barcelona tbh! Lets hope arsenal can hold out for second half!

CHA!NGANG
31-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Very pissed off. How that was a yellow card is beyond me and you can see how gutted Fabregas is.

Titch
31-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Very pissed off. How that was a yellow card is beyond me and you can see how gutted Fabregas is.

its really annoying becuase if you can keep it 0 - 0 you have a good chance of winning away tbh, and he would shine there i am sure

Simmzay
31-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Barca are on a different level.

Lol just as typing they score.

CHA!NGANG
Almunia you piece of ****!

Arron
23 seconds gone 1-0 Barca good lob.
unlucky, tie over.

Jack.Lfc
I now rate Almunia, he had stepped up his game sooooo much and if weren't for him you could easily be 3-0 down!

Ref is a complete joke, how the hell was that a yellow card for fabregas, seems to be favoring Barcelona tbh! Lets hope arsenal can hold out for second half!
Still?

CHA!NGANG
31-03-2010, 07:50 PM
We would be if it wasn't for the great Almunia -bows-. Watch him make a real clanger later on. Wow we're getting beat bad so far.

I have a gift.

StefanWolves
31-03-2010, 07:52 PM
oh crap i missed the goal. any good?

**** this referee is a ******* idiot ??

Titch
31-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Still?

na hes gone off the scale again after that serious **** up lol

CHA!NGANG
31-03-2010, 07:54 PM
What a **** ref :@

AHH BENDTNER COMON :!@!@!:@!!

Jack.Lfc
31-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Boss save that. How did he miss though anywhere else and it was in.

StefanWolves
31-03-2010, 08:00 PM
what the **** is this **** head of a foreign **** of a referee doing? disgusting

CHA!NGANG
31-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Game set and match.

Jack.Lfc
31-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Hope his value on ultimate team goes up like eto's did last week.

Geraint
31-03-2010, 08:02 PM
how **** are arsenal if they're allowing ibrahimovic to score?

CHA!NGANG
31-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Well, I said 2-2 in my prediction, it's not too late.

COMON WALCOTT

Jack.Lfc
31-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Hello, Hello, Here we go.

Valdes haahahhahahahha

StefanWolves
31-03-2010, 08:12 PM
come on, well played wallcott

another goalkeeping error

if wallcott plays his cards right he can rip maxwell apart on the counter

wow barca are shaking

Geraint
31-03-2010, 08:20 PM
easier to say now than it was then but i think walcott should have come on instead of eboue. with their full backs bombing forward they're going to think twice knowing someone that quick is on the other side.

StefanWolves
31-03-2010, 08:22 PM
yeh especially maxwell who wallcott is up against, wallcott will just fly passed him all night long if he was asked too

Jack.Lfc
31-03-2010, 08:25 PM
PENALTY AND A RED

Adamm
31-03-2010, 08:26 PM
el oh el

Jack.Lfc
31-03-2010, 08:27 PM
nice dive

CHA!NGANG
31-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Ah *REMOVED* no idea what to think now.

Oh and how was it a dive :S

Edited by iAdam (Forum Super Moderator); Please do not avoid the filter.

Jack.Lfc
31-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Heres pube head.

Geraint
31-03-2010, 08:30 PM
why dont arsenal just take fabregas off and play 10 v 10. messi's gone off too.

CHA!NGANG
31-03-2010, 08:31 PM

Because if its 2-2 and we go to the other leg without fabregas then we don't have a shot really. If we get a goal now then we have a good chance. Plus he isn't playing in the return leg and wants to make an impact.

StefanWolves
31-03-2010, 08:32 PM
well this game hasn't been a let down!

barca with their two CBs out in the second leg, also iniesta is probably out too, no fabregas for arsenal, going to be an amazing second leg

Adamm
31-03-2010, 08:34 PM
he's just an extra body, he still needs marking.

JackBuddy
31-03-2010, 08:40 PM
well this game hasn't been a let down!

barca with their two CBs out in the second leg, also iniesta is probably out too, no fabregas for arsenal, going to be an amazing second leg
I'm sure gooners will also wish that Abidal is still injured so they have to play Maxwell.

Good game of football. Is it me or did Diaby have a poor game?

Credit to Nasri, getting at Barcelona from the start when his team look life-less (and dare I say it, star struck?)

Arron
31-03-2010, 08:42 PM
i wrote arsenal off, like many people do, not just in the CL but in the PL. They have the will-power to improve and counter on opportunities. Barca will miss their two key centre backs next week with Pique and Puyol both suspended. Arsenal need to play Walcott a lot more because for me he changed that game. Quite frankly I thought he might've come on in the 23rd minute when Arshavin came off injured, we might well have seen a different result. Good result in the end. All to play for. Barca have a huge advantage though!

CHA!NGANG
31-03-2010, 08:55 PM
You all say that but if Walcott came on earlier then Maxwell wouldn't have been tired. Walcott was as effective as he was because the full back was shattered and Walcott could run rings around him. Gallas, Fabregas and Arshavin all out.

Almunia
Sagna - Campbell/Song - Vermaelen - Clichy
Nasri - Song/Denilson - Diaby
Eboue/Walcott - Bendtner - Rosicky

Still have a decent side but obviously we're missing our two most effective players but who knows.

Titch
31-03-2010, 08:58 PM
You all say that but if Walcott came on earlier then Maxwell wouldn't have been tired. Walcott was as effective as he was because the full back was shattered and Walcott could run rings around him. Gallas, Fabregas and Arshavin all out.

Almunia
Sagna - Campbell/Song - Vermaelen - Clichy
Nasri - Song/Denilson - Diaby
Eboue/Walcott - Bendtner - Rosicky

Still have a decent side but obviously we're missing our two most effective players but who knows.

With both there cb's out you still have a very good chance in my opinion, and if wallcot plays like he did today id bet money on him scoring.

Jack.Lfc
31-03-2010, 11:00 PM
Sky asying fabregas has a broken leg

JackBuddy
31-03-2010, 11:40 PM
Sky asying fabregas has a broken leg
Fibula ;)

The people at Spurs kept moaning when the press kept saying that Modric broke his leg and they were quick to correct them.

Anyway, if this is true he's gonna be out for about 3 months so that's his season over. The question is... has he played his last game in an Arsenal shirt?!?

Titch
01-04-2010, 09:55 AM
bbc saying its a broken leg to and most of papers, is a real shame tbh!

Arron
01-04-2010, 10:10 AM
he knew the risks he was taking into the match and he decided to kick that ball ever so hard.

Titch
01-04-2010, 10:25 AM
he knew the risks he was taking into the match and he decided to kick that ball ever so hard.

he broke it before kicking ball

Arron
01-04-2010, 10:27 AM
he inflicted more pain though by kicking the ball. as you could see he was running pretty fine then straight after the penalty he was limping bad.

Titch
01-04-2010, 10:37 AM
he inflicted more pain though by kicking the ball. as you could see he was running pretty fine then straight after the penalty he was limping bad.

yeah but tbh, rooney wud do the same, gerrard would o the same, messi would do the same lol

Arron
01-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Fabregas wanted to make an impact on the game. He knew this was his only chance in this tie because of his suspension. Yeah don't get me wrong, a lot of players will want to make an impact but I don't think it's wise to smack that ball at full pelt. he could've at least placed it. besides Alvez dove earlier too so he could've just slotted it easy.

Smits
01-04-2010, 10:42 AM
I'm pretty sure that kicking the ball didnt break his leg. I think when he went to kick the ball and kicked puyol probably inflicted the damage, althought theres no doubt kicking it that hard escalated the damage. Shame if he misses rest of season.

Titch
01-04-2010, 11:45 AM
I'm pretty sure that kicking the ball didnt break his leg. I think when he went to kick the ball and kicked puyol probably inflicted the damage, althought theres no doubt kicking it that hard escalated the damage. Shame if he misses rest of season.

Yes, in the interview he said he broke it before the penalty and just ignored the pain because he knew he needed to score.

Smits
01-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Yes, in the interview he said he broke it before the penalty and just ignored the pain because he knew he needed to score.

Thought that would be it, didn't see the itnerview myself.

Matthew
01-04-2010, 11:51 AM

Yeh. I did look like it was the tangling with Puyol that injured him, although he didnt half smash that penalty lol

Titch
01-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Breaking news on bbc:
Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas out for 'at least six weeks' after cracking right fibula

JackBuddy
01-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Breaking news on bbc:
Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas out for 'at least six weeks' after cracking right fibula
Same as Modric, but he was out for 3 months lol.

I don't know where you lot got the broken leg thing from anyway, he said himself it was his fibula after the game.

Titch
01-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Same as Modric, but he was out for 3 months lol.

I don't know where you lot got the broken leg thing from anyway, he said himself it was his fibula after the game.

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas is due to have a scan on Thursday amid fears he broke his leg in Wednesday's 2-2 Champions League draw with Barcelona.

that was on sky sports and bbc lol thats how

In better news for Arsenal, striker Robin van Persie is expected to return to full training in two weeks after being sidelined since November with an ankle ligament injury. - Some hope for arsenal

Jack.Lfc
01-04-2010, 03:47 PM
So fabregas has a broken leg yeh?

CHA!NGANG
01-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Fibula. If it was a proper leg break it would be a lot longer but this is 6 weeks. Still a real shame obviously but at least he shouldn't miss the World Cup. I don't think he'll leave this summer either. I doubt he'd want to leave Arsenal this way and there's a good chance he won't play in an Arsenal shirt again this season. RVP should be back playing in 3 weeks which is good news though and we've lost our captain and gained our vice-captain.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!