PDA

View Full Version : Can you open a business with a student visa? +repp!!

kuzkasate
31-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Right, my cousin has come to the UK with a student visa and hes looking to open a business. Dont worry this is all serious, hes got everything ready near enough, his parents are helping him open it seeming as his dad is a very successful business man.

So my my question is, can he open a business with a student visa? If not, what visa will he need? I was told to look on the Home Office website but I couldnt find anything. +repp for anyone that helps

Titch
31-03-2010, 03:31 PM
has he got a permit to work?

Catzsy
31-03-2010, 03:44 PM
I would say that as it is a student visa then no. Opening a business by definition is going self employed so he would be working unless he employs others to do it.

Robbie
31-03-2010, 03:56 PM
no.

You must not:
take employment in the UK (including part-time or full-time vacation employment);
engage in business, produce goods or provide services within the UK (including selling goods or services direct to members of the public);
study at a government-funded school;
undertake a work placement or internship (paid or unpaid) as part of your course of study;
extend your stay in the UK;
carry out the activities of a business visitor, a sports visitor or an entertainer visitor;
receive private medical treatment; or
be in transit to a country outside the common travel area (the UK, Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands).

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/student-visitors/eligibility/

kuzkasate
31-03-2010, 04:25 PM
has he got a permit to work?
yes. but i've found out that he cannot open a business he needs indefinate leave to remain in order to do this or he needs to change his visa. couldnt +repp, gotta spread!

I would say that as it is a student visa then no. Opening a business by definition is going self employed so he would be working unless he employs others to do it.

no.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/student-visitors/eligibility/

Thank you both. +repped

dirrty
31-03-2010, 04:32 PM
no because he's here to study.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!