Catzsy
31-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Should be left to the small club fans.

This is all.

What do you mean?

Jack.Lfc
31-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Should be left to lower league fans.

So hypocritcal, e.g. Having rooney dancing infront of me one week when he scores to cheering his name. I just wouldnt do it.

Catzsy
31-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Should be left to lower league fans.

So hypocritcal, e.g. Having rooney dancing infront of me one week when he scores to cheering his name. I just wouldnt do it.

Well everybody is entitled to their opinion surely? :)

Jack.Lfc
31-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Thats what im hoping people post in this thread for, to hear different views.

Catzsy
31-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Thats what im hoping people post in this thread for, to hear different views.

Yes I just wondered what the thread was about. =]

CHA!NGANG
31-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Club and country should be kept seperate to be honest. I actually think that's a reason why England get no-where these days. Too much competition in the PL means then when it comes down to playing for your country, you can't properly play together.

StefanWolves
31-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Hmm, most people on here, fans of 'big clubs', as you say, support England? so I don't get what you're saying.

Liverpool should be a separate country, our country, ENGLAND, would have a less worse off name if it was. :)

Jack.Lfc
31-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Liverpool should be a separate country, our country, ENGLAND, would have a less worse off name if it was. :)

Hahaha :D

TickTockTickTock
31-03-2010, 03:55 PM
I'm with the OP on this, I will never and have never cheered Rooney. If he scores a winner in the World Cup I'll praise England, not him.

Smits
31-03-2010, 03:56 PM
I think anybody who is english should support england, who else would they support?

Jack.Lfc
31-03-2010, 04:00 PM
Their familys

Edited by Catzsy(Forum Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts.

Smits
31-03-2010, 04:03 PM
In regards to supporting a player, i see what people are saying but i dont understand why they wouldn't give a player credit if they do play well.

AgnesIO
31-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Well I guess everyone on this forum can Afterall everyone on here are pretty much glory hunters. Do they count as 'big club' ''fans''?

Supporting real football is no difference to supporting man u. Apart from there is a WAY higher chance that you actually watch them

Smits
31-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Well I guess everyone on this forum can Afterall everyone on here are pretty much glory hunters. Do they count as 'big club' ''fans''?

Supporting real football is no difference to supporting man u. Apart from there is a WAY higher chance that you actually watch them

And you get nowhere enar as many downers.

FlyingJesus
31-03-2010, 04:12 PM
In regards to supporting a player, i see what people are saying but i dont understand why they wouldn't give a player credit if they do play well.

This. You don't have to disrespect a player simply for not being on the team you support, that's ridiculous.

Titch
31-03-2010, 04:31 PM
This. You don't have to disrespect a player simply for not being on the team you support, that's ridiculous.

finally someone who sees sense + rep

TickTockTickTock
31-03-2010, 04:35 PM
You being sarcastic?

FlyingJesus
31-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Nope, sarcastic was when I suggested Hilario was a good keeper, my opinion above is my true view.

Browney
31-03-2010, 04:55 PM
I find it very easy to forgive and forget. When Owen was at Newcastle I'd still cheer if he scored for England.

AlexOC
31-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Hmm. There is alot of people i hate in the england squad, but i don't see them as them when in an england shirt just one of englands players.

Except rooney, he sticks out like shrek the ugly mug.

Black_Apalachi
31-03-2010, 05:54 PM
I sort of agree but then again I'd probably cheer if Rooney scored because I don't really have anything against him personally (apart from the fact he's a bit of a fruit with no personality - but that's irrelevant). On the other hand people like John Terry and Ashley Cole I regard as actual ***** so I wouldn't cheer for them. That's not really anything to do with who they play for though, just who they are.

I find it very easy to forgive and forget. When Owen was at Newcastle I'd still cheer if he scored for England.

Personally I think it's disgusting when our fans boo him after what he did for us. If anything they should be kind of smug at the fact that he's not a fraction of the player for United as he was for us lol.

Hmm, most people on here, fans of 'big clubs', as you say, support England? so I don't get what you're saying.

Scouse is a nationality ;)

MissAlice
31-03-2010, 11:20 PM
I support every sports player who represents us against other countries. I couldn't care less if they play for a team I'm not a fan of, I am english and proud of it, and although I have no respect for John Terry or Ashley Cole, I would still give them my support when they play for England.

There is a difference between respect and support, for example I don't support Manchester United, but I do have a lot of respect for the likes of Alex Ferguson and players like Ryan Giggs.

Geraint
31-03-2010, 11:24 PM
why can't people get over club rivalries when the national team is involved? swansea players have been booed at our ground and vice versa. they're playing for your own country fgs.

Arron
01-04-2010, 10:26 AM
In this case don't support England.
If you're English you should support England, every single squad player. Each player has a speciality.
Can't believe what some of you are saying :|

Smits
01-04-2010, 10:37 AM
I support every sports player who represents us against other countries. I couldn't care less if they play for a team I'm not a fan of, I am english and proud of it, and although I have no respect for John Terry or Ashley Cole, I would still give them my support when they play for England.

There is a difference between respect and support, for example I don't support Manchester United, but I do have a lot of respect for the likes of Alex Ferguson and players like Ryan Giggs.

Couldn't of put it any better myself. I mean, if the person is representing the country i am proud to be from, then why shouldn't i support them. I also believe that personal life should not come into games which is why i will forget what JT and AC have done when theyre playing for England, in fact i forget it whenever i see them play because they are without a doubt still good players.

Adamm
01-04-2010, 11:20 AM
When Rooney plays for England he's not playing for Manchester United.

luce
01-04-2010, 03:03 PM
emotions for club an country are kept separate although because man city buy in and have next to no english i have no worries about cheering for players i hate :D!

Also i think it's rather petty that you can't cheer on someone for representing their country? You hate manchester united. Fair play but Wayne Rooney isn't manchester united he plays for them so i don't see how it makes any difference they wear the same shirt as every other england player and should all be treated the same by the fans.

StefanWolves
02-04-2010, 01:43 PM
why can't people get over club rivalries when the national team is involved? swansea players have been booed at our ground and vice versa. they're playing for your own country fgs.
+rep, thread over imo.

alexxxxx
02-04-2010, 10:13 PM
When Rooney plays for England he's not playing for Manchester United.

exactly how i feel.

CJW93
02-04-2010, 10:16 PM
No matter who he is playing for, I hope Ashley Cole messes up

Black_Apalachi
07-04-2010, 05:09 PM
emotions for club an country are kept separate although because man city buy in and have next to no english i have no worries about cheering for players i hate :D!

Also i think it's rather petty that you can't cheer on someone for representing their country? You hate manchester united. Fair play but Wayne Rooney isn't manchester united he plays for them so i don't see how it makes any difference they wear the same shirt as every other england player and should all be treated the same by the fans.

So you hate any player who plays for City just because of the fact that they play for them? Surely that's even more petty.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!