PDA

View Full Version : Who would you like your club to buy/sell in the Summer?

CHA!NGANG
02-04-2010, 04:43 PM
For Arsenal I'd like to:

Sell:

Almunia
Gallas
Senderos
Eduardo

Buy:

Chamakh
A new CB
A new GK
A new reserve CB
A new reserve CDM

If we do that then we can play something like:

------------------New GK------------------
Sagna - New CB - Vermaelen - Clichy
-------------------Song---------------------
-------------Fabregas - Nasri-------------
-------RVP - Chamakh - Arshavin-------

Have Sagna and Clichy go forward and when they do have Song go back and form a back 3 with new CB and Vermaelen. Then RVP and Arshavin can come inside into there stronger feet and shoot so basically just like Barca. And the new GK is obvious why.

JackBuddy
02-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Er, sell Hutton, Keane and Jenas.

Spurs have already bought Sandro who provides back-up for Palacios. Wouldn't mind getting a big name european striker (who would realistically come to Spurs) like Huntelaar if we make the champions league/

Jibbish
02-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Realisticly, I would buy a defensive midfielder, playmaker and goal scorer for villa.

Sell:
Heskey - Doesnt Score
Carew - Too inconsistent
Sidwell - Not good enough
Reo-Coker - Would like to keep him, but fallen out with MON
Curtis Davies - Doubt he would like to be 4th choice CB
Nicky Shorey - Below Stephen Warnock and Bouma in rankings
Luke Young - Would love to keep him, but he wont be happy if Cuellar is prefeered at Right Back
Habib Beye - Wants a move away

Buy:
Oscar Cardozo - Scores goals, what we need. But not a MON signing
Robbie Keane - Goal scorer, realistic signing MON would make
Kevin Doyle - Goal scorer, typical MON signing
Stephen Ireland - What we need in midfield, especially if Milner does go
Scott Parker - What we need in midfield also
David Bentley - Again, if Milner goes. Also good rotation for Downing & A. Young
Nathaniel Clyne - Good young right back for back up

Formations

4 - 5 - 1
- Friedal -
-- Young - Cuellar - Dunne - Warnock --
-- Bentley/Downing - Milner - Parker - Ireland - A.Young --
- Agbonlahor/Cardozo -

4 - 4 - 2

- Friedal -
-- Young - Cuellar - Dunne - Warnock --
-- Milner - Ireland - Parker - A.Young --
- Keane/Doyle - Agbonlahor/Cardozo -

Simmzay
02-04-2010, 11:55 PM
So you want to keep Silvestre?

Arsenal should sign Akinfeev IMO.

StefanWolves
03-04-2010, 11:29 AM
x2 CBs, x1 LB, Cover for RM and LM x2 GOOD strikers (**** off ebanks-blake)

CHA!NGANG
03-04-2010, 12:27 PM
So you want to keep Silvestre?

Arsenal should sign Akinfeev IMO.

Well he'll probably leave anyway, but I recon might as well keep both him and Campbell for experience even if they don't play much. Senderos is a waste at Arsenal and is quite young and Gallas' contract is running out and he'll want first team football.

Adamm
03-04-2010, 01:48 PM
x2 CBs, x1 LB, Cover for RM and LM x2 GOOD strikers (**** off ebanks-blake)
Ahh yes, **** off the striker that almost single handedly got you into the Premier League. Well said.

StefanWolves
03-04-2010, 07:16 PM
hes not premiership standard tbh, he's a top class championship striker

1 goal (penalty) all season says it all

Adamm
03-04-2010, 07:34 PM
You're going down anyway so you might as well keep him.

StefanWolves
03-04-2010, 11:10 PM
yeh were definitely going down!

cough - 14th

-Heart
04-04-2010, 09:11 AM
You're going down anyway so you might as well keep him.
Seriously? You think we're going down?

Adamm
04-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Seriously? You think we're going down?
I do indeed.

Andys
04-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Sell:,
Fulop, McCartney, Bardsley, Cattermole

Buy:
Mensah, Hutton, Backup CB, 2x CM, Backup LM.

AgnesIO
04-04-2010, 04:25 PM
Sell:
Stephen Purches
Luke Ashdon
Most the rest of the squad

Buy:
Ronaldo
Beckham
Terry
Cole x2
I could go on.

Joking, erm yeh the selling is true - not sure on who to buy.

Oh a new manager would be nice

StefanWolves
04-04-2010, 05:41 PM
ill be gloating come the end of the season, cannot wait

Adamm
04-04-2010, 05:48 PM
I'll be gloating even more though.

StefanWolves
04-04-2010, 05:53 PM
u really haven't seen the fixtures, have you?

CHA!NGANG
07-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Well Wenger said that he needs to spend some money this summer so lets hope that he brings in some top notch players. It won't take many tbh, just a new GK, CB and then Chamakh would make our first team one that can beat anyone. Then a couple squad players for depth and we'd be sorted. If we sell Senderos, Almunia, Eduardo and let Gallas go, then we'd make £15-20 Mill.

Those players would cost us around £40 Mill.

So really it'll cost £20-25 Mill to make us a really good team which we have so I hope he actually goes out and does it.

Adamm
07-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Chamakh is available on a free.
Akinfeev for about 20.
Di Maria (PLEASE) We have 2 wingers, that's it. Rosicky is not the part. 15.
Jamie O Hara or Lee from Bolton. Weird choices but they're solid in midfield. No more than 5m for either.

CHA!NGANG
07-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Can't buy O'Hara because he's on loan from Spurs I think so we won't be able to buy him. We need another CB though to be honest, especially if Gallas leaves.

Adamm
07-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Remember Sol Campbell?

Anyway. I can't think of a CB. I really can't.

CHA!NGANG
07-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Yeah but then again that was on a Free. We'd have to pay for O'Hara and Spurs would probably want to keep him because he's a good young player with a lot of potential.

As for a CB, the good thing is that we have Vermaelen who is a left footer, so really we're looking for a good right footed CB and there are quite a lot of decent ones around the world, but we need to find one that will suit our style of play and can adjust to the PL easily if we're going abroad, but Wenger is good at finding players like that, just look at Vermaelen, so I'm sure he'd have a few players in mind.

Adamm
07-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Kjaer? Carrico?

No one is really standing out.

CHA!NGANG
07-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Doesn't really have to be someone young though. We were heavily linked with Hangeland before. Then maybe Mexes, Bruno Alves, Naldo, Mertesacker. I'm sure we'll be linked with someone soon.

EDIT: Just remembered, as for a winger apparently Hazard said he only wants to go to Arsenal or Real Madrid, so maybe we could invest in him too and having Vermaelen at the club could help us get him because he's his international captain, much like how Arshavin could help lure Akinfeev to Arsenal.

Adamm
07-04-2010, 05:27 PM
There are plenty of quality wingers around. Maybe Dzaegov for centre? Bastos?

He needs to spend a good £50-£60m PLUS whatever they get for dead wood (Rosicky, Eduardo, Senderos, Djourou, Almunia)

CHA!NGANG
07-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Djourou will stay. He's just been injured all year that's why he hasn't played but apart from that he's a good talent. The rest yeah but I can't see him getting rid of Almunia, Rosicky or Eduardo very lightly because they've all been very loyal players who haven't complained when they haven't got first team football but he needs to really.

I highly doubt he'll spent £60 Mill +

We only need 5 players to be honest, and with Chamakh for free it's 4.

He'll probably spend around £40 mill.

Bastos is unlikely because he just moved to Lyon but Dzagoev maybe. Hazard, Di Maria and Dzagoev, one of those would be good buys, but costly.

JackBuddy
07-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Clive Allen has said that there's a possibility that this little fella could be at WHL next season:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_s6frf5N2U&feature=related

Would mean that Pav and/or Keane would be out (hopefully Keane), but he does look good.

O'Hara at Arsenal is just ridiculous. He'd never do a Campbell on us.

CHA!NGANG
07-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Clive Allen has said that there's a possibility that this little fella could be at WHL next season:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_s6frf5N2U&feature=related

Would mean that Pav and/or Keane would be out (hopefully Keane), but he does look good.

O'Hara at Arsenal is just ridiculous. He'd never do a Campbell on us.

I do doubt Dzeko go to Spurs to be honest. There's a slight chance if you get CL footy, but seeing as he's wanted by most teams in the world and he has a huge price tag (Around £25-35 Mill) I doubt it.

JackBuddy
07-04-2010, 09:44 PM
I wouldn't rule it out, unless there's any proof that he's wanted by other clubs. Even if we don't make the top 4, it'd be clear for him to see that the club has ambition and ability to make the CL.

He could always do a Berbatov and play for a couple of years, put in **** performances when he can't be bothered and force himself out when a bigger club comes calling (whilst we make a £20m profit!)

I remember Modric being linked everywhere before he came to us.

"Possibly yes, he's certainly one we're looking at," on ESPN when the presenter asked "is he on your radar at Tottenham?" and then "possibly at White Hart Lane next season?"

CHA!NGANG
07-04-2010, 09:46 PM
No trust me on this one, Dzeko is wanted by a lot of clubs. Milan are favourites to get him with City and Chelsea also fighting. He has a buy out clause of £36 mill which some teams have considered offering but I think he'll go for around £30 Mill. Unless Spurs can offer £30 Mill and fight off Milan, City and Chelsea then I doubt he'll go to Spurs.

If Spurs can match the price, and do get CL football then there's a chance yeah but i'm not too sure myself.

JackBuddy
07-04-2010, 09:49 PM
No trust me on this one, Dzeko is wanted by a lot of clubs. Milan are favourites to get him with City and Chelsea also fighting. He has a buy out clause of £36 mill which some teams have considered offering but I think he'll go for around £30 Mill. Unless Spurs can offer £30 Mill and fight off Milan, City and Chelsea then I doubt he'll go to Spurs.
Just quickly read a telegraph article which said that HR is preparing a £25m bid.

Spurs do have the capability to spend money on transfers. Financially it's very well run, but our finishing position in the league will of course have a big say in what happens.

Snowing
07-04-2010, 10:01 PM
I would like to see us sign Messi. (A)

Jack.Lfc
11-04-2010, 12:17 AM
By the looks of it we will have 60 mil to spend without selling anyone sooooo

In

villa 40 mil
silva 20 mil

leah
11-04-2010, 12:24 AM
sell : jermaine beckford

Jack.Lfc
11-04-2010, 12:43 AM
I thought beckford was on his way to everton?

Tristan
11-04-2010, 10:54 AM
Buy:
Dzeko
Akinfeev
Gourcuff

Would be awesome if we could get any one of them.

Sell:
Maybe Berbatov
Anderson

luce
11-04-2010, 11:54 AM
i'd rather like the whole club to be sold to different owners and then bring in some more players all over the park :)!

DieselShaq
12-04-2010, 03:08 PM
lol going overseas here with Roma...

Buy/Keep:
-Burdisso (currently on loan from Inter)
-Luca Toni (currently on loan from Bayern Munich)

Rumour has it that Bayern is ready to offer EUR 25m + Luca Toni for Mirko Vucinic (who's also wanted by United and City). However, Roma has said they're not going to listen to offers for Vucinic and are counter-offering Doni for Toni.

Sell:
Julio Baptista
Max Tonetto
Alessandro Cerci (loan?)
Ricardo Faty (loan?)

Honestly Roma doesn't have much money to spend on players unless they sell some, which I wouldn't really want to see apart from Baptista.

AlexOC
12-04-2010, 03:30 PM
I would like to see my team, Manchester City Football Club, sign a defence. I don't think much of our left/right backs. I think Lescott and Toure are past their time and let us down much more than they should, though over the past 2 weeks Mancini seems to be patching it up a bit.

I would also like to see us buy someone to fill in SWP's position, he has turned all one dimensional and just tries to outrun everybody he comes to, and alot of the time it dosent work.

Also Torres, Messi and Villa thanks.

StefanWolves
12-04-2010, 11:05 PM
why were u on xbox live during the city game on sunday?

JackBuddy
12-04-2010, 11:18 PM
Wouldn't mind Spurs putting in a cheeky bid for Stephen Ireland if possible. We need an attacking CM who can score goals.

AlexOC
12-04-2010, 11:42 PM

Well if your asking why didn't i go, its because i didn't have the money to buy a ticket. Soz :(

If your wondering why i was not watching, i was, i had my xbox on cos i was talking to a mate on xbl but had my tv turned to virgin media cos i was watching the game.

Black_Apalachi
13-04-2010, 03:04 AM
I would like to see my team, Manchester City Football Club, sign a defence. I don't think much of our left/right backs. I think Lescott and Toure are past their time and let us down much more than they should, though over the past 2 weeks Mancini seems to be patching it up a bit.

I would also like to see us buy someone to fill in SWP's position, he has turned all one dimensional and just tries to outrun everybody he comes to, and alot of the time it dosent work.

Also Torres, Messi and Villa thanks.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. In case you haven't noticed, we don't need to sell anybody :)

Couldn't get enough of me init

AlexOC
13-04-2010, 06:59 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. In case you haven't noticed, we don't need to sell anybody :)

Couldn't get enough of me init

*Removed* Torres won't wanna stay at liverpool.

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude to other members.

Browney
13-04-2010, 01:24 PM
u really haven't seen the fixtures, have you?

Blackburn will do you in, as will Fulham, we will, so really, you NEED to beat Pompey. Hull have Wigan and us, so they could easily stay up, if you dont perform against Pompey. Don't be so cocky! You could cut it closer than you think. Hell, if Wigan win tonight they go above you and you drop a position. And then they have games against Hull and West Ham.

If Spurs can match the price, and do get CL football then there's a chance yeah but i'm not too sure myself.

Trust you, as if you know the bloke? Lets face it, we are all playing the guess game here!

Why does Torres want mid-table obscurity?

CHA!NGANG
13-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Blackburn will do you in, as will Fulham, we will, so really, you NEED to beat Pompey. Hull have Wigan and us, so they could easily stay up, if you dont perform against Pompey. Don't be so cocky! You could cut it closer than you think. Hell, if Wigan win tonight they go above you and you drop a position. And then they have games against Hull and West Ham.

Trust you, as if you know the bloke? Lets face it, we are all playing the guess game here!

Why does Torres want mid-table obscurity?

Well the impression I got from the posts is that Jack hadn't heard of Dzeko before Spurs being linked with him (Might be wrong but that's just what I thought). In that case he wouldn't have known that he was sort after by most teams across Europe which is why I said trust me, he's wanted by a lot of clubs.

My post also said: If Spurs can match the price, and do get CL football then there's a chance yeah but i'm not too sure myself.

So I'm saying theres a slight chance Spurs can get him too...

As for Torres, if Liverpool actually buy some players this summer then I get the feeling from what he's said before that he might stay but if they don't buy anyone then I think he'll leave as City will buy loads and Liverpool will be doing nothing and will have a slim chance of regaining 4th spot.

JackBuddy
13-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Well the impression I got from the posts is that Jack hadn't heard of Dzeko before Spurs being linked with him (Might be wrong but that's just what I thought). In that case he wouldn't have known that he was sort after by most teams across Europe which is why I said trust me, he's wanted by a lot of clubs.

My post also said: If Spurs can match the price, and do get CL football then there's a chance yeah but i'm not too sure myself.

So I'm saying theres a slight chance Spurs can get him too...

As for Torres, if Liverpool actually buy some players this summer then I get the feeling from what he's said before that he might stay but if they don't buy anyone then I think he'll leave as City will buy loads and Liverpool will be doing nothing and will have a slim chance of regaining 4th spot.
Yes but the same happened to Arshavin after Euro 2008. All that reported interest from the likes of Milan, Barcelona etc and he agrees to join Spurs but we refused to pay more than £16m for him so the deal stalled. It was the January after that he eventually moved... to Arsenal. There's always hype around new players on the block mainly because it increases the value of the player. Before this season I hadn't really heard of Dzeko, but I do believe he is a potential signing for us. Clive Allen said there's a possibility that he'll be at WHL next season so it shows that there have been enquiries and unless he was aware that bigger clubs were looking at him I'm sure he wouldn't have said that.

Even before John Bostock signed for Spurs from Palace there was all that reported interest from Barcelona, look what happened there.

Adamm
13-04-2010, 01:58 PM
sell : jermaine beckford
lol he's leaving on a free UNLUCKY

CHA!NGANG
13-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Yes but the same happened to Arshavin after Euro 2008. All that reported interest from the likes of Milan, Barcelona etc and he agrees to join Spurs but we refused to pay more than £16m for him so the deal stalled. It was the January after that he eventually moved... to Arsenal. There's always hype around new players on the block mainly because it increases the value of the player. Before this season I hadn't really heard of Dzeko, but I do believe he is a potential signing for us. Clive Allen said there's a possibility that he'll be at WHL next season so it shows that there have been enquiries and unless he was aware that bigger clubs were looking at him I'm sure he wouldn't have said that.

Apparently he was really close to moving to Milan and that's where he wants to go. I'm not saying Spurs wouldn't get him full stop. If they can afford him then maybe but £30 Mill is a fair bit to pay.

JackBuddy
13-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Apparently he was really close to moving to Milan and that's where he wants to go. I'm not saying Spurs wouldn't get him full stop. If they can afford him then maybe but £30 Mill is a fair bit to pay.
Spurs can afford a £30m transfer, but the current wage structure may not. Unlike most clubs, Spurs live within their means and are financially very healthy.
However, Berbatov was an exception to the wage limit when he renewed his contract, which could always happen if the likes of Dzeko came to us.

CHA!NGANG
13-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Well this is a bit different from cases like Bostock, Victor Moses, Eboue e/c/t that were linked with Barca. None of them were shortlisted for the Ballon d'Or last year. Anyway it could happen but I can see him going to Milan myself but who knows.

JackBuddy
13-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Strong rumours for Micah Richards coming to Spurs next this summer. Not too sure what to think. He's strong and quick, but is too suspect defensively. Still time to learn the game though I guess.

StefanWolves
13-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Richards is one for the future tbh.

CHA!NGANG
13-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Yeah he's decent I recon. I think him and Bale will be top class full backs in the future so would be good if Spurs snapped him up.

JackBuddy
13-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Bale and Lennon on each wing would arguably give us the best width in the PL IMO.

Snowing
13-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Sell: RSC to Spurs

Buy: Who cares, we sold RSC.

JackBuddy
13-04-2010, 07:35 PM

He's not that bad.

CHA!NGANG
13-04-2010, 07:42 PM

Few years back he'd probably be your best player. He isn't that bad anyway, but the way City want to go he wouldn't fit in. I hate it when players are sold a year after there bought for some reason. Anyway, I recon he'd be a good signing for Spurs depending on the price.

Adamm
13-04-2010, 07:45 PM
RSC could play for any team in the world. He doesn't get chances at City - only in cup matches where he shines and then the fans still piss on him cos it's a cup match. Can't win. It'd be better for everyone involved if he went.

StefanWolves
14-04-2010, 08:39 AM
I have to agree Adam. All the other teams in the Premier League would snap City's arm off for him. He is a very good player and at City he hasnt got a chance. He was amazing at Blackburn.

Tristan
14-04-2010, 10:46 AM

Even before John Bostock signed for Spurs from Palace there was all that reported interest from Barcelona, look what happened there.

Yeah, last summer there were lots of stories about Milan and Dzeko. Milan is where Dzeko wants to go but Milan wouldn't pay Wolfsburg's asking price. Whether they will this summer, we don't know but if not, I can see City or Chelsea paying up for him.
I doubt he'll go to Spurs.

JackBuddy
14-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Beckford is going to Everton.

Jenas is deffo off.

Jack.Lfc
14-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Why does reina want to stay, why does mascherano want to stay?
Whys torres coming out saying we need 4 top class players, why's benetez saying the same.

Because they know something behind the scenes is going on.

Are owners are in the ****. Rumers are one is badly ill, he looks it aswell.

The banks are calling the shots now.

Black_Apalachi
15-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Torres isn't going anywhere. Least of all City :L:L:L:L:L

SirStan
18-04-2010, 01:59 PM
Yeah, last summer there were lots of stories about Milan and Dzeko. Milan is where Dzeko wants to go but Milan wouldn't pay Wolfsburg's asking price. Whether they will this summer, we don't know but if not, I can see City or Chelsea paying up for him.
I doubt he'll go to Spurs.

Beckford is going to Everton.

Jenas is deffo off.
I'll have Jenas.

Sell: Sidibe
Diao (his contract runs out so goes on a free)
Lawrence
Beattie
Michael Tonge
Tom Soares
Amdy Faye
Ibrahima Sonko

Buy:
Jamie Ohara
Jenas?? :D
Carlton Cole
Jermaine Pennant
Nikola Zigic

StefanWolves
18-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Torres isn't going anywhere. Least of all City :L:L:L:L:L

don't be so sure...

Jack.Lfc
18-04-2010, 02:48 PM
70mil and i'd take it. However i dont think he will be off, not yet anyway.

StefanWolves
18-04-2010, 02:53 PM
I don't want City to get Torres, I'd prefer it if they raided Europe's players instead.

Jack.Lfc
18-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Torres will be playing in the worldcup, but will miss the start of next season.

SirStan
18-04-2010, 04:39 PM
I reckon he might join Manchester United cause they need a striker init

Titch
18-04-2010, 04:57 PM

No just no

Jack.Lfc
18-04-2010, 05:16 PM

Y Y Y dellilah?

SirStan
18-04-2010, 05:20 PM
na i think i read somewhere torres said he'd never join the ****

Jack.Lfc
18-04-2010, 05:30 PM
na i think i read somewhere torres said he'd never join the ****

They cant afford him

SirStan
18-04-2010, 05:32 PM
can you afford to keep him n stevie ? how much is it you don't get for champions league? 60mil?

Jack.Lfc
18-04-2010, 05:37 PM
It looks like its cost us 60million and our owners :'(

:D

SirStan
18-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Hope you get Portsmouth's old owners ;) :D

Jack.Lfc
18-04-2010, 05:51 PM
They wont be able to afford us :D ;)

SirStan
18-04-2010, 05:54 PM
how much you reckon you're worth? with £237,000,000 debt? only playing in europa league next season and may well lose your best players in the summer.

Jack.Lfc
18-04-2010, 05:56 PM
About 500mill inc debt i would say.

The new chairman has also said we wont need to sell no one and money's gunna be there. Make's ya think where already lined up to be sold.

SirStan
18-04-2010, 05:58 PM
he's pullin the wool over your eyes.

Jack.Lfc
18-04-2010, 06:02 PM
why would he need to do that, when he's appointed by a bank and will get a monster pay out for when he has done his job?

Anyway ill report u and get you banned wootzeh

SirStan
18-04-2010, 06:04 PM
who?????

JackBuddy
18-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Inter Milan tried to get Jenas last Jan, and he is currently learning Italian. He's 100% leaving teh club.

SURELY NOT?!

charchilp
19-04-2010, 03:49 PM
They wont be able to afford us

Link Building Services (http://www.micrositez.co.uk/link-building-packages.html)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!