PDA

View Full Version : Fergiescums comments

Snowing
08-04-2010, 11:09 AM
From the Gaurdian -

German Ambassador to make formal complaint

Georg Boomgaarden, German Ambassador to London, is to make a formal complaint to the Foreign Office today about Sir Alex Ferguson’s remarks after last night’s match against Bayern Munich. Boomgaarden, who was at the game, was furious over Ferguson’s suggestion that the German team conspired to get Rafael sent off and that this was (to use Ferguson’s words) “typical of Germans”.

“Germans are well known for their sportsmanship” he said “and this slur is completely unwarranted. A German would have congratulated the winning team, if the result had been the other way round. He (Ferguson) is a bad loser and resorts to crude stereotypes to deflect attention away from his own player’s misdemeanours. In any case, the player could easily have been sent off for the original offence.”

A spokesman for German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, supported the envoy’s actions. “Great Britain and Germany are friends and allies now. We work together closely at the heart of Europe and we strongly support this action.” The spokesman then muttered darkly “Old Trafford hasn’t moved since May 1941. We know exactly where it is.”

CHA!NGANG
08-04-2010, 11:22 AM
To be honest, it's fair enough because he was out of order saying typical germans, although he would have been a bit angry at the time so probably spoke in the heat of the moment.

Smits
08-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Typical germans complaining about it.

luce
08-04-2010, 01:05 PM
typical germans taking everything out of context. do they really have nothing better to do in their foreign office then complain about what SAF said?

they had a german reporter on SSN this morning and he said it wouldn't be taken out of context and the germans would see as a compliment that it's typical of germans to come back from a 3-0 deficit.

CHA!NGANG
08-04-2010, 01:10 PM
Well no it wasn't out of context. The person interviewing him said: What do you think of the Rafael sending off, and he said it was 'typical germans', to surround the ref, implying they cheated. It is an insult. (That's from memory so I could be wrong :P)

FlyingJesus
08-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Sir Alex was being a bitter old man and making stupid comments that didn't need to be made. Rafael was already on a yellow and full on grabbed Robben's arm after he'd got past him, so yes it should have been a second booking and a red.

As far as I'm aware it's not "typical" of the Germans to cheat and that's never been a widely held view, so Fergie's just being a *** about it. Definitely fair to complain, given his standing as a knight and as a big figure in popular culture and the largest sport in Europe.

Geraint
08-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Typical Fergie to moan about everything and not realise that some things are his own fault.

luce
08-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Typical Fergie to moan about everything and not realise that some things are his own fault.

he didn't get sent off.

Smits
08-04-2010, 02:08 PM
he didn't get sent off.

You implying it was rafaels fault they lost?

Fergie didnt win the game.

Geraint
08-04-2010, 02:16 PM
are united fans forgetting what a wonderful job rafael did for them when he was on the pitch?

Smits
08-04-2010, 02:21 PM
are united fans forgetting what a wonderful job rafael did for them when he was on the pitch?

Looks like a few of them are. He was gutted he got sent off as well.

Snowing
08-04-2010, 02:47 PM
These replies are comedy gold.

Smits
08-04-2010, 02:48 PM
These replies are comedy gold.

Which ones are you referring to?

Snowing
08-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Which ones are you referring to?
The ones which didn't pick up on the last sentence. :-)

Jack.Lfc
08-04-2010, 03:07 PM
LOL JUST FOUND THIS.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/8861/11665140.jpg

Smits
08-04-2010, 03:08 PM
LOL JUST FOUND THIS.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/8861/11665140.jpg

hhaha thats great, cheers.

Black_Apalachi
10-04-2010, 01:54 AM
typical germans taking everything out of context. do they really have nothing better to do in their foreign office then complain about what SAF said?

they had a german reporter on SSN this morning and he said it wouldn't be taken out of context and the germans would see as a compliment that it's typical of germans to come back from a 3-0 deficit.

How is anything typical of Germans? I can't think of any habits Germans are stereotyped with tbh other than organisation.

Sir Alex was being a bitter old man and making stupid comments that didn't need to be made. Rafael was already on a yellow and full on grabbed Robben's arm after he'd got past him, so yes it should have been a second booking and a red.

As far as I'm aware it's not "typical" of the Germans to cheat and that's never been a widely held view, so Fergie's just being a *** about it. Definitely fair to complain, given his standing as a knight and as a big figure in popular culture and the largest sport in Europe.

This. When I heard him say it I kind of thought it was a bit extreme and I'm not surprised a fuss is being made about it. Any team in the prem would have done the same thing and at the end of the day, the red card was deserved. It makes a mockery of this country for that man to be regarded as a knight.

StefanWolves
10-04-2010, 10:34 AM
i think yes, he was doing amazing until his silly sending off.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!