PDA

View Full Version : Qaeda Group Threatens to Attack World Cup

Snowing
09-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Whose honestly shocked? Whoever chose S Africa to host needs the sack.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_162-20001940-503543.html

The North African terror group al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb has threatened to attack this summer's World Cup games (http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/) in South Africa.
"How amazing could the match United States vs. Britain be when broadcasted live on air at a stadium packed with spectators when the sound of an explosion rumbles through the stands, the whole stadium is turned upside down and the number of dead bodies are in their dozens and hundreds, Allah willing," reads a statement the group published in a recent issue of the Jihadi online magazine (http://www.alqimmah.net/showthread.php?t=15726) Mushtaqun Lel Jannah (Longing to Paradise).
The statement also highlights recent actions by the terrorism group such as the December suicide bombing that killed seven CIA employees (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/12/31/world/main6040782.shtml) and a Jordanian agent at a base in Eastern Afghanistan last December and the Christmas Day bombing attempt that resulted in the arrest of Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, the Nigerian who has been cooperating with the FBI (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/02/02/national/main6167596.shtml) and providing information about his contacts in Yemen and the al Qaeda affiliate that operates there.
Special Report: The Christmas Day Terror Attack (http://www.cbsnews.com/2718-201_162-445.html)
"Al Qaeda, who managed to deliver 50 grams of explosives to the Detroit plane, after infiltrating dozens of U.S. security barriers, al Qaeda, who enabled brother martyr Abul Kheir (Abdullah Asiri) to get into the palace of Mohammed bin Nayef, al Qaeda, who humiliated the world's greatest intelligence apparatus through the operation of Mujahid Abu Dujana al-Khorassani (Humam al-Balawi), who shattered the pride of the CIA and the Jordanian intelligence combined," the statement says. "Al Qaeda will have a presence in the games, Allah willing."
In addition to the U.S. and U.K. teams, the teams representing France, Germany and Italy are also on the group's list of targets.

"All those countries are part of the Zionist-Crusader campaign against Islam," the statement says.
The group says they will use some undetectable explosive that will be able to circumvent security checkpoints at the games. The statement appears to directly challenge FIFA's president Joseph Blatter.
"All the security checks and X-ray machines that America will be sending after reading this article would not be capable of detecting how those explosives made it into the stadium and that for a simple reason that we will be announcing in due course," the statement says. "So are your preparations for this event up to scratch, Mr. Platter? (sic)"
South Africa had announced last October that its security forces had foiled an al Qaeda plot to carry out a terrorist attack during the 2010 football World Cup. According to reports published then, South Africa's National Intelligence Agency, senior police forces and American agents jointly conducted the operation, which led to the arrest of a number of suspects linked to the group in Somalia and Mozambique working on a plot to carry out bomb attacks during the games.

Jack.Lfc
09-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Its going to happen sooner or later, world cup or not.

Special
09-04-2010, 10:49 PM
why do they have to ruin everything i feel like crying

JackBuddy
09-04-2010, 11:09 PM
There have probably been tons of failed plots at previous Olympic games/ football matches, but the group responsible/ security agencies just haven't gone public with it. But as somebody said, it is going to happen sooner or later.

Reading that quote though, it seems too specific to be true?

CHA!NGANG
09-04-2010, 11:43 PM
99% Chance that they're just saying it too scare people. 1% Chance that they'll actually do it.

Black_Apalachi
10-04-2010, 01:18 AM
Put it like this; even if you disregard the moral aspects, I would still not even consider going to the World Cup in South Africa.

alexxxxx
10-04-2010, 08:26 AM
if are are scared by terrorists - you've lost to them.

Black_Apalachi
10-04-2010, 11:16 AM

If you walk straight into an attack by them, I'm pretty sure you've still lost.

luce
10-04-2010, 12:11 PM

i think it's if you're scared by bullies you've lost to them.. except bullies done fly plains into your house if you upset them.

i would never even consider going because of the risk something will happen whether it's as big as that or not. Just like the african cup of nations.

Smits
10-04-2010, 12:23 PM
As already been said, it's bound to happen eventually. I would question the fact theyve made 'undetectable' bombs though. Scare tactics?

Adamm
10-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Might liven it up a bit.

Catzsy
10-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Might liven it up a bit.

Hope that's a joke Adam. I am sure there will be extremely high security for this event as there was for the Olympics when held in the States. They seriously must be getting desperate though as even a threat is going to get the whole world against them. Sport has always been considered somewhat sacrosanct.

Snowing
10-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Hate to be a terrorist if they injure a Korean player pmsl, nuked.

Hope that's a joke Adam. I am sure there will be extremely high security for this event as there was for the Olympics when held in the States. They seriously must be getting desperate though as even a threat is going to get the whole world against them. Sport has always been considered somewhat sacrosanct.
?!???!?!?!?!!?!

Adamm
10-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Did you see what happened at the ACON? There's a reason this event hasn't been held in Africa before. A reason that has been cast aside by the organising committee. It was a mistake and whatever happens in a few months time is down to them and they should take the blame for the inevitable unrest that will be in South Africa.

It was a joke.

Catzsy
10-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Hate to be a terrorist if they injure a Korean player pmsl, nuked.

?!???!?!?!?!!?!

Yes - hahaha to that Matty. I would not to pee them off!

Sacrosanct = Regarded as sacred.

CJW93
10-04-2010, 02:17 PM
They say that before every World Cup and yet nothing happens, they are just trying to scare people as long as the security are using the bomb squad perk, they shouldn't have a problem :D

Swastika
10-04-2010, 04:46 PM
It still amazes me how somebody can blow themselves up and innocent people around them for the sake of their god, even though they're god would be against it.
The world cup should NOT be held in south africa, its more or less a warzone with terror groups and gangs ruling most of the country.
Whatever happens at the world cup should be the responsibility of whoever decided to hold it there, if anything happens such as bomb attacks, he should live with that for the rest of his life, what an idiot.

Black_Apalachi
11-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Can't believe nobody has mentioned the moral issues - which lead to violence anyway. There was recent talk of the locals not taking kindly to all these rich people coming over to their country to watch the event while they themselves can't even afford the electricity to watch it on their TVs. Personally this kind of clicked with me - I couldn't spend all the money on going there to see what the people already there have to live through.

CHA!NGANG
11-04-2010, 01:11 PM
I'm sure they'll have big screens all around the area where people can watch it for free outside the stadium anyway.

JackBuddy
11-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Can't believe nobody has mentioned the moral issues - which lead to violence anyway. There was recent talk of the locals not taking kindly to all these rich people coming over to their country to watch the event while they themselves can't even afford the electricity to watch it on their TVs. Personally this kind of clicked with me - I couldn't spend all the money on going there to see what the people already there have to live through.
I'm sure they'll cope with rich people for a month. Just think of all the benefits to the economy from the event- surely that's what poor people could do with most.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!