PDA

View Full Version : City

JackBuddy
11-04-2010, 05:33 PM
4th is pretty much yours now lol.

No way can we manage Arsenal on Weds and Chelsea next weekend after today's antics!

Dawson slipped on the slippery pitch, Spurs had a fair goal dissalowed and Pompey rewarded a non-existent penalty! Palacios also got booked for giving away the 'penalty' which means he can't play our next two games.

Screwed!

CHA!NGANG
11-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Really happy for Portsmouth and they did deserve it to be fair enough it was very close and the goals were a bit iffy. Would of loved a good penalty shootout, and it would of been fairer like that.

Anyway, really good for Arsenal. You'll all be shattered, down hearted, and your best holding mid is out.

I've always thought City or Liverpool, after todays result Liverpool are out of it. I can't see Villa getting it myself, and Spurs have by far the toughest few games left out of any team in the league so really that leaves City.

JackBuddy
11-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Pompey don't deserve anything! They should manage their finances properly!

CHA!NGANG
11-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Pompey don't deserve anything! They should manage their finances properly!

I meant from there performance today. They gave everything in that game.

Browney
11-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Penalty shootouts are never fair. Good game Portsmouth.

JackBuddy
11-04-2010, 05:44 PM
I meant from there performance today. They gave everything in that game.
Oh right lol, still think Spurs were the better side.

Pompey used negative Villa-like tactics which totally stopped us playing the way we normally play.

CHA!NGANG
11-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Penalty shootouts are never fair. Good game Portsmouth.

Yeah but neither were any of the goals.

Browney
11-04-2010, 05:55 PM
So you propose that if Spurs had dominated the game, then Pompey beat them courtesy of a Terry-esque slip then that is fairer?

CHA!NGANG
11-04-2010, 05:59 PM
So you propose that if Spurs had dominated the game, then Pompey beat them courtesy of a Terry-esque slip then that is fairer?

Spurs didn't dominate the game though. It was probably half and half, both sides had good chances but luck was on Portsmouths side. And yer, it would have been fairer if it was a pen shootout because Spurs lost due to a free kick which didn't exist and the goal which came from that, and an arguable penalty.

JackBuddy
11-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Spurs didn't dominate the game though. It was probably half and half, both sides had good chances but luck was on Portsmouths side. And yer, it would have been fairer if it was a pen shootout because Spurs lost due to a free kick which didn't exist and the goal which came from that, and an arguable penalty.

Plus a **** surface which gifted them their goal.

Titch
11-04-2010, 06:10 PM
feel sorry for you, still got arsenal, chelsea and united ant ya? not the best run-in!

JackBuddy
11-04-2010, 06:15 PM
feel sorry for you, still got arsenal, chelsea and united ant ya? not the best run-in!
Yeah, City still have United and Arsenal. If today didn't drag on to extra time then I would have been optimistic, but I think I've finally conceded that we've blown it.

Tiredness and no Palacios being the crucial factors.

Browney
11-04-2010, 06:22 PM

Hmm, how do I make this clear?

CHA!NGANG
11-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Ahh missed that :(

Oh if they dominated then probably not no, a pen shootout is only fair if both teams are even, which is why it's a last resort but it probably would have been the fairest thing to do in this game but since when is football fair I guess.

Jibbish
11-04-2010, 07:39 PM
what is this villa-esque tatic?

JackBuddy
11-04-2010, 07:42 PM
what is this villa-esque tatic?
Sitting back and waiting for the counter.

Jibbish
11-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Sitting back and waiting for the counter.
oh fair dos

Jack.Lfc
11-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Our away form has let us down this year.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!