PDA

View Full Version : Funny car advert

Markeh
16-04-2010, 03:32 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1995-FORD-MONDEO-LX-BLACK_W0QQitemZ230459625301QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAuto mobiles_UK?hash=item35a876cf55#ht_942wt_1165

Some of the text in this is hilarious.

RHD with French Reg (Carte Grise) old UK documents exist, car stationed in 92250, France 5km outside Paris, still in daily use

...to anyone sad enough having found this ad searching for a cheap car with as much bhp as possible...sorry I could't help it, its of course 115php not 812!

Probably the most boring car ever made!

Despite being Jeremy Clarksons pet hate and me neglecting any service and cleaning duties it proves impossible to break.
Since buying it I have been throwing anything I could at it, with no real result at all.

It does start every time, first time and the only break down I managed over the
40 000 miles I did was running it out of petrol.

I cannot start to describe how much this disappoints the views I hold on a car that has been build in Britain.

To my great pleasure the speedo and milage counter died 18 month ago (at 132000, about 12000mls since), restoring a little bit of faith in my prejudice.

Of course in the early days of me owning this car the alarm would go off every time it rained which made me hugely popular in the residential London street I lived.
But once I got the alarm and immobiliser deactivated by the friendly Ford guys at
Dagenham Motors Edgware who also took the opportunity to steal my on board toolkit even this problem was gone.

I had to turn to more drastic measures if I was ever to prove how crap this car is.

So we decided its time for my girlfriend to get a driving licence and what better car to learn parking with…

Great decision and at last some visible success but quite a lot of effort for a few cracks in the plastic bumpers,
which are by the way made out of the exact same material as the toys in a Kinder Surprise Egg.

In a last desperate attempt I went out of my way to try a combination of insult and daily physical impact,
I moved to Paris, registered it with French Plates, drove it through Paris traffic and parked it in the street for over 500 consecutive days…

It really should have done it, but he result is still not what I hoped for,
yes the front bumper is now a mixture of holes, cheap plastic, gaffa tape and expanding foam
and I have a few dents from shopping trollys, neighbours towbars
and my wife reversing into her mums terrace balustrade, as well as one mirror being modified by the rubbish truck…

But still this is only cosmetic damage, how can it still drive? I have not even changed the oil since 2006…

As I have exhausted my patience I now give up on this car and move on to proving another prejudice – I buy a French car…

Smits
16-04-2010, 03:35 PM
boring, ugly, old and very uncool - but it still drives

danzooo
16-04-2010, 06:01 PM
Hahaha! I seen one similar to this for a slightly modified Clio - it was something like "For all you drug dealers, crack heads and council estate benefit thieves - if your looking for a motor to pick up some birds, then this is the one for you" hahaha

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!