PDA

View Full Version : Got full marks on foundation maths...

Special
19-04-2010, 04:48 PM
I told my family and they're all happy for me, i then told my brother (he's 24) and to start with he's like 'Wow! that's really good!' and then i told him it was foundation (i've been doing higher since year 7, but recently i only got a D in one of my exams and being targeted a B i had to re-sit and my teacher recommended foundation to get a definite C) and he was like 'Foundation?! Is that all? That only ask's you what 2+2 is'

I was proud of myself until that moment then he ****** it up

Axel
19-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Well, foundation GCSE is seriously easy. When I took GCSEs, my friend who took foundation told me some of the questions including measuring a line and subtracting 11 from 9 or something...

Oleh
19-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Im foundation and i can honestly say it isnt all that easy

flatface
19-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Well, foundation GCSE is seriously easy. When I took GCSEs, my friend who took foundation told me some of the questions including measuring a line and subtracting 11 from 9 or something...

Well it depends who you are, obviously some are going to find it much harder then others.

Anyway congratz buddy :)

dirrty
19-04-2010, 05:40 PM
well yeah, i'm not surprised your brother was like that considering it's foundation level lol.

luce
19-04-2010, 06:28 PM
wow well done. i only got A* in both the higher modules i have taken so far. Foundation full marks is a C right.

If you fins maths hard which you obv do then well done :) but any foundation gcse is srsly lazy especially as maths isn't the hardest subject in the world

Inseriousity.
19-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Ignore what your brother said, you did well with the test you had and deserve every praise you get. However, I would take these results, go to your maths teacher and tell him/her that you can do it and ask to be put back on the higher (and then revise like crazy for it!). If your target's a B, you should be on higher!

MrPinkPanther
19-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Well done! +Rep

ecstasy
19-04-2010, 08:51 PM
i can see where he's coming from

N!ck
19-04-2010, 10:01 PM
If you're getting full marks then you were clearly doing the wrong paper and are probably capable of higher than the grade you recieved.

And full UMS is not the same as full marks by the way.

brandon
19-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Yeah I think your teacher made a mistake there, if you can get full marks on Foundation I'm sure you'd get a solid mark on Higher.

alexxxxx
20-04-2010, 12:12 PM
the teacher is only caring about what her A-C rate is, so they know that you will almost certainly get a C - and that's all they require. My mate was asked to do the foundation maths paper and he got full marks and finished in less than half the time. You should really consider pressing to take higher.

Describe
23-04-2010, 06:28 PM
I done a foundation paper for the sake of it and got a full 38/38.

Apparently the way I write out my answers is "perfection" and my tutor wishes more people would do the same!:D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!