PDA

View Full Version : Barber

Jamie!
26-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Yeah, so how do you become a barber? I've had a look for some decent UK-based sites and I can't really find anything of that much use.

I know there's a Level 2 NVQ course in barbering at my local college (£110), but is this mandatory or optional? The only other courses I've seen are with COBRA Academy (£895 for a 5day intensive course but you don't receive a NVQ certificate, just an 'industry renowned' certificate) and a similar one with Saks which is nearly £5,000!

Catzsy
27-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Yeah, so how do you become a barber? I've had a look for some decent UK-based sites and I can't really find anything of that much use.

I know there's a Level 2 NVQ course in barbering at my local college (£110), but is this mandatory or optional? The only other courses I've seen are with COBRA Academy (£895 for a 5day intensive course but you don't receive a NVQ certificate, just an 'industry renowned' certificate) and a similar one with Saks which is nearly £5,000!

I thought the normal route was to get an apprenticeship at a barbers then they send you to College, part-time?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!