PDA

View Full Version : how do you stay motivated?

alexxxxx
03-05-2010, 09:07 PM
i am currently going to do my A Levels in June (and i have ALOT LOT LOT of exams) and i currently don't know how i'm going to do it all. im sort of avoiding doing any work towards them because frankly i'm terribly worried i'm going to screw up. any advice? :S

immense
03-05-2010, 09:10 PM
i know it's easier said than done but today i've spent 6 hours perfecting my coursework and will probably start again at midnight until at least 2am. what keeps me going is thinking that if i don't i won't hit expectations from parents/friends/teachers and i love to be able to drop in casually that i'm a genius. hiya btw alex, it's immenseman :) x doing my alevels too, they suck, on a severe scale.

danzooo
03-05-2010, 09:41 PM
Think of the consequences... If you do tonnes of revision on the lead up to your exams, how good will you feel when a question comes up that you revised? Plus you'll never regret revising, but you'll always regret not revising. Just get your head down and get on with it.

Jamesy
03-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Haha I know the feeling well Alex, procrastination is all too easy. I find just mentally grabbing myself by the collar, grabbing a drink, putting some music on and just getting on with it works. At the end of the day if you try your best and it doesn't come out how you'd like you can't blame yourself for not trying - if you worry about messing up and do no work then you are going to feel pretty darn awful.

PaulMacC
04-05-2010, 07:20 AM
You need to tell yourself that nobody is forcing you to do this, if you dont want to do it dont. If you dont you'll probably get a crappy job, with crappy pay and live a crappy life. You make your life, your revision is key to passing exams.

Gibs960
04-05-2010, 11:03 AM
I worry about exams (as my SATs is coming up) but I think, if I can do well in my SATs then I can do well in secondary school, and get a good job when I'm older, also in my English work, I love writing, and doing what I love keeps me going :)

itsMIKEYY
04-05-2010, 11:15 AM
If it involves exams, I just try not to think about it too much, and just casually revise when I get bored or think about it, but only for like half an hour at a time & it's always a good idea to revise before you go to bed as you're more likely to remember the information. Just don't let revision consume your life, otherwise you'll get completely sick of it and won't bother doing any, then closer to the time you'll have a big old panic attack at the fact you're not prepared. Just relax and take each day at a time & make sure you cease opportunities to revise & try your best in your exams.

P.S. all you can do is to just try your best & if you 'screw up' then at least you know you did your best. I'm sure you'll do fine.

MrGazet
04-05-2010, 05:42 PM
I write a lot of motivation words and see it everyday

+ put a mate pic ( A VERY GENIUS MATE) like on ur table or anything.Makes me try harder lolol

Hollie
04-05-2010, 07:20 PM
just the thought of how much it will help me and the support of my family and friends, also it helps me when i think to myself that im not the first or last person to be taking an exam and nearly everyone goes through the same experience. :)

dbgtz
04-05-2010, 08:36 PM
I guess I keep myself going? My future depends on it I guess is how I think of it.

Meanies
04-05-2010, 08:43 PM
leave it til the last minute, then realise if you don't do anything you're in the **** and so get it done eventually :)

Catzsy
05-05-2010, 08:26 AM
Well I guess you have passed our GCSE's and AS Levels so you must have a way of working. Everyone is different so
maybe just try to improve on that and concentrate first on the weaker elements a bit at a time so it it less stressful at the end.

ihatehash
05-05-2010, 10:45 AM
oh buddy I have the same problem, the fact is with things like Xbox, Computer etc its so easy to give into temptation and not revise. What you have to do is isolate yourself from things you may be tempted to do get some to lock them away if you must and then for two hours you will have nothing else to do but revise.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!