View Full Version : Summer Transfer Window

Pages : [1] 2 3

W00TZEH
10-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Foster to Birmingham

Jerome Boateng to Man City

Black_Apalachi
10-05-2010, 11:34 PM
Hope Rafa puts a bid in at United for that Own Goal fella.

JackBuddy
11-05-2010, 01:37 AM
Beckford is going to Everton.

Jenas is off somewhere in Italy.

Harry been given up to £30m for a quality striker (Dzeko, Suarez, Huntelaar please!!!)

Micah Richards -> Spurs is a possibility too. Already signed the Brazilian lad Sandro.

edit: Someone 'itk' on the forum I use says that there could be a 'big' signing later today :S. Hope it isn't Bellamy.

::Art::
11-05-2010, 06:04 AM
I'm hoping we get a decent forward, winger, right back and keeper :S

Man Utd btw ;)

JackBuddy
11-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Bellamy is deffo leaving City, who have made an enquiry for DARREN BENT!!??!

StefanWolves
11-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Wolves are in for Dindane, and Hunt, and also are fighting to sign Van Den Hamme (or summet), however West Brom are also in for him.

@JackBuddy, you don't want Huntelaar, biggest bag of ****e you will ever sign if you do.

JackBuddy
11-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Wolves are in for Dindane, and Hunt, and also are fighting to sign Van Den Hamme (or summet), however West Brom are also in for him.

@JackBuddy, you don't want Huntelaar, biggest bag of ****e you will ever sign if you do.
I like him, decent record at Madrid and AC Milan considering most of his appearances are as a sub.

Browney
11-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Bellamy is deffo leaving City, who have made an enquiry for DARREN BENT!!??!

Funniest rumour I've heard in ages ehehehe.

Tristan
11-05-2010, 04:19 PM
I'm hoping we get a decent forward, winger, right back and keeper :S

Man Utd btw ;)

Winger...?

Higuaín -> Manchester United

PLEASE.

Browney
11-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Signed Cristian Riveros. A "patrolling" midfielder in some accounts and a "stylish" one in others. What DOES that mean?

JackBuddy
11-05-2010, 04:59 PM
Funniest rumour I've heard in ages ehehehe.

I'm just going by someone who is pretty reliable on the forums I use. It's only an enquiry.

W00TZEH
11-05-2010, 05:30 PM
stoke are trying to buy carrick or ireland accoridng ITK on the stoke forums :eusa_droo although he might be :boozed
we had a £10mil + bid rejected today

Browney
11-05-2010, 07:50 PM
I'm just going by someone who is pretty reliable on the forums I use. It's only an enquiry.

Tevez and Ade are better than ALL of our first team. I just can't understand why they'd want Bent. He's not glamorous, he's not top-class.

Jibbish
11-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Apparently Villa are going in for;

Ireland/Parker
Keane/Doyle/Carton Cole ***?!

Mexel
11-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Think we have pretty much signed Ben Foster now.

StefanWolves
11-05-2010, 10:33 PM

Ireland/Parker
hands off

Think we have pretty much signed Ben Foster now.
why you so sure? hope you treat him well - could be a good goalie.

Jam
11-05-2010, 10:45 PM

Ireland/Parker

Parker and Keane seem MO'N-eske, just aslong as he doesn't spend it on goalless strikers. Especially not a few at a few million each.

Mexel
12-05-2010, 12:27 PM
Stefan, Birmingham Mail only realy post things if there certain, plus its pretty much everywhere. Just read that we have asked WHam and Fulham about Cole and Zamora. Dont want Zamora though he wont score for us, he has had a good season i recon thats it for him. He was due one..

JackBuddy
12-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Keane and Pav deffo to be sold this summer.

Villa/Birmingham would be realistic IMO.

StefanWolves
12-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Lmao I can't believe you guys actually believe paper talk, comical. Doyle isn't going anywhere. He's said he isn't and he's said he's 100% happy, and Wolves do not need the money.

Would be strange for a club to stay up to sell their top scorer, don't you think?

Mexel
12-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Lmao I can't believe you guys actually believe paper talk, comical. Doyle isn't going anywhere. He's said he isn't and he's said he's 100% happy, and Wolves do not need the money.

Would be strange for a club to stay up to sell their top scorer, don't you think?

I dont believe paper talk unless its posted everywere. But i always go with the Birmingham Mail.

tm
12-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Half the Burnley team to Bolton...

JackBuddy
14-05-2010, 02:25 AM
Joe Cole probably coming to us, Harry is starting to mention how he signed him as an 11 year old at West Ham more than how we had 2 points from 8 games when he took over us!

If we did get Cole, it'd mean that we'll play a 4-5-1 away from home next season (which we have desperately needed) which would mean a striker good enough to play alone is on the cards.

Huntelaar is being mentioned loads, we tried to sign him last summer... but this season is different.

yes please.

W00TZEH
14-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Cole is not better than Defoe, Crouch and Keane

CHA!NGANG
14-05-2010, 04:16 PM
You can't compare them to Cole. Complete different players.

Anyway, 4-5-1?

You'd have Bale, Cole, and Lennon who are all wingers no?

As for a striker, do you not think that Defoe is good enough to play on his own?

Arron
14-05-2010, 04:23 PM
Cole is not better than Defoe, Crouch and Keane

nor Heskey.

JackBuddy
14-05-2010, 05:21 PM
You can't compare them to Cole. Complete different players.

Anyway, 4-5-1?

You'd have Bale, Cole, and Lennon who are all wingers no?

As for a striker, do you not think that Defoe is good enough to play on his own?
@ Wootzeh, it's Joe Cole, not Carlton.... lol

Harry sees Bale as a future left back, I don't know what he'll be doing next season though.

Defoe is nowhere near good enough to play up on his own, not enough strength/ability/reliability. I like him but he dies out at the end of the season, he scored 3 goals this year or something ridiculous like that. Half of the reason we allways get raped away from home against the big 4 is because we don't currently have a striker capable of playing alone.

-------------------- GOMES ----------------
CORLUKA ----------- WOODGATE/DAWSON ---- KING/BASSONG ------- BALE
-----------------THUDD----- WILSON --------------
-------------------- MODRIC ---------------
LENNON ------------------------------- J COLE
------------ HUNTELAAR/DZEKO/SUAREZ --------

That team would be right up there. Contact has been made with Joe Cole, but a decision isn't going to be made until after the WC.

CHA!NGANG
14-05-2010, 05:41 PM
@ Wootzeh, it's Joe Cole, not Carlton.... lol

Harry sees Bale as a future left back, I don't know what he'll be doing next season though.

Defoe is nowhere near good enough to play up on his own, not enough strength/ability/reliability. I like him but he dies out at the end of the season, he scored 3 goals this year or something ridiculous like that. Half of the reason we allways get raped away from home against the big 4 is because we don't currently have a striker capable of playing alone.

-------------------- GOMES ----------------
CORLUKA ----------- WOODGATE/DAWSON ---- KING/BASSONG ------- BALE
-----------------THUDD----- WILSON --------------
-------------------- MODRIC ---------------
LENNON ------------------------------- J COLE
------------ HUNTELAAR/DZEKO/SUAREZ --------

That team would be right up there. Contact has been made with Joe Cole, but a decision isn't going to be made until after the WC.

Similar formation to ours. It's a good side, Defoe will leave if you bench him. He's too good to be a bench player, but I agree he is unreliable at times.

Comparing it to ours I'd say:

GK - Spurs
RB - Arsenal
RCB - Spurs (No idea who ours will be next year so it depends on who we sign)
LCB - Arsenal
LB - Arsenal (I think Clichy is better than Bale atm. Bale has had a great 2nd half to the season, but needs to prove he can do it for a whole season against big teams. If he does that, I might change my mind. I recon Clichy is a better LB anyway, Bale is a LW lets face it)
RCM - I'd say Arsenal as Song has been amazing this year, but that's 50/50.
LCM - Arsenal. Nasri > Wilson Imo.
CAM - Arsenal. Fabregas > Modrid
RW - Arsenal. RVP > Lennon
ST - Spurs. That's if we sign Chamakh and you sign one of those 3 bar Huntelaar. I'd rather have Chamakh then Huntelaar but the other two are better than Chamakh.
LW - Arsenal. Arshavin is better than Cole I recon.

It's 7 to us. 3 to Spurs. And the Song/Hud one is debatable. Obviously I know you'll disagree which is fair enough, and it's hard to compare the midfield but that's how I see it. I recon that you could have a good side, but I still think our first team is a good deal better than yours. If we sign a new CK and a new CB, then we might even pip those positions too.

Anyway back on topic.

Looks like Chamakh is on his way. He has one of the best headers i've seen and is very strong and can hold the ball up very well, so a better Bendtner basically. Would work well in the centre with Arshavin LW, and RVP RW, who can cut in and shoot.

Rumours about Buffon coming. Good signing as long as he's no more than £20 Mill.

As for the CB, I've heard about Mexes/Hangeland. I'd love Per Mertesacker to come but who knows. Gallas looks out though so we will be buying a new CB, only a matter of who.

JackBuddy
14-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Similar formation to ours. It's a good side, Defoe will leave if you bench him. He's too good to be a bench player, but I agree he is unreliable at times.

Comparing it to ours I'd say:

GK - Spurs
RB - Arsenal
RCB - Spurs (No idea who ours will be next year so it depends on who we sign)
LCB - Arsenal
LB - Arsenal (I think Clichy is better than Bale atm. Bale has had a great 2nd half to the season, but needs to prove he can do it for a whole season against big teams. If he does that, I might change my mind. I recon Clichy is a better LB anyway, Bale is a LW lets face it)
RCM - I'd say Arsenal as Song has been amazing this year, but that's 50/50.
LCM - Arsenal. Nasri > Wilson Imo.
CAM - Arsenal. Fabregas > Modrid
RW - Arsenal. RVP > Lennon
ST - Spurs. That's if we sign Chamakh and you sign one of those 3 bar Huntelaar. I'd rather have Chamakh then Huntelaar but the other two are better than Chamakh.
LW - Arsenal. Arshavin is better than Cole I recon.

It's 7 to us. 3 to Spurs. And the Song/Hud one is debatable. Obviously I know you'll disagree which is fair enough, and it's hard to compare the midfield but that's how I see it. I recon that you could have a good side, but I still think our first team is a good deal better than yours. If we sign a new CK and a new CB, then we might even pip those positions too.

Anyway back on topic.

Looks like Chamakh is on his way. He has one of the best headers i've seen and is very strong and can hold the ball up very well, so a better Bendtner basically. Would work well in the centre with Arshavin LW, and RVP RW, who can cut in and shoot.

Rumours about Buffon coming. Good signing as long as he's no more than £20 Mill.

As for the CB, I've heard about Mexes/Hangeland. I'd love Per Mertesacker to come but who knows. Gallas looks out though so we will be buying a new CB, only a matter of who.

It's not fair comparing Nasri to Wilson or Song to Hudd, seeing as one bombs forward and the other sits in front of the back 4. I reckon that Dawson and King are better than any CB's you have atm. I wouldn't be too confident of Fibreglass staying next year either, depends who is elected as Barca's next president.

Browney
14-05-2010, 06:01 PM
GK: Spurs. Gomes > Almunia
RB: Arsenal. Sagna > Corluka
CB: Spurs. Dawson > Gallas
CB: Toughie. Vermaelen = King
LB: Spurs. Bale > Clichy
CDM: Spurs. Palacios > Song
LCM: Arsenal. Fabregas > Tom Huddlestone
RCM: Spurs. Modric > Nasri
LW: Arsenal. Arshavin > Cole
ST: Arsenal. RVP > Defoe
RW: Spurs. Lennon > Walcott/Rosicky

Gomes
Sagna -- Dawson -- King -- Bale
Palacios
Fabregas -- Modric
Lennon -- RVP -- Arshavin

It's easy to skew it, Mr Chain. You compared Fabregas, your best midfielder, to Modric, their best midfielder. Even though Fab is the best creative midfielder in England. Comparing Nasri to Palacios is ludicrous. I think I tried to match players to players most similar to them, though, giving Spurs an edge to show how 7 to Arsenal can quickly turn to 7 for Spurs. ;)

W00TZEH
14-05-2010, 06:04 PM
oh woops, glad i can read

CHA!NGANG
14-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Yeah I said in my post the midfield is the tough one as they are different positions. Nasri though, has said he will play the holding mid role if needed, which is why I put him there and Fabregas more advanced.

I still think Clichy > Bale but like I said, depends on what happens next season. Also I recon Vermaelen > Almost any defender in the league including King and Dawson myself. I don't understand why Spurs think that King and Dawson are the best defenders in England....

Stats speak for themselves, and Arsenal and Spurs both conceeded the same amout of goals, and on top of that I can probably say that Almunia was at fault for at least 7/8 if not more. On top of that, Villa, Liverpool, United and Chelsea conceeded Less goals than Spurs, so surely there defence is better than Spurs' too?

Vermaelen has been the only stand out defender for us this season, and he's the reason why we had a title challange in the first place imo. Without him, we'd have been conceeding a lot more goals, and that was shown after he got injured.

As for Fabregas, No idea what will happen. I still think he will stay for 1-2 more years until he's won something, then he'll go to Barca. He'll defo go, just a matter of time.

Browney
14-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Yeah I said in my post the midfield is the tough one as they are different positions. Nasri though, has said he will play the holding mid role if needed, which is why I put him there and Fabregas more advanced.

I still think Clichy > Bale but like I said, depends on what happens next season. Also I recon Vermaelen > Almost any defender in the league including King and Dawson myself. I don't understand why Spurs think that King and Dawson are the best defenders in England....

Stats speak for themselves, and Arsenal and Spurs both conceeded the same amout of goals, and on top of that I can probably say that Almunia was at fault for at least 7/8 if not more. On top of that, Villa, Liverpool, United and Chelsea conceeded Less goals than Spurs, so surely there defence is better than Spurs' too?

Vermaelen has been the only stand out defender for us this season, and he's the reason why we had a title challange in the first place imo. Without him, we'd have been conceeding a lot more goals, and that was shown after he got injured.

As for Fabregas, No idea what will happen. I still think he will stay for 1-2 more years until he's won something, then he'll go to Barca. He'll defo go, just a matter of time.

Clichy has been HORRIBLE this season. And fair enough, I just think Palacios and Song match better. Like I said, the Vermaelen issue was a toughie.

CHA!NGANG
14-05-2010, 06:53 PM
He's been injured this whole season with a back problem but he's played anyway. On form he is up there with one of the best LB's I recon. I'm not saying he will always be better than Bale, but bale has had half a good season in his career. Clichy has had a few good solid ones and has preformed well throughout. Until Bale proves himself for a few seasons, I won't consider him better than Clichy but that's my opinion. I have no doubt Bale will become one of the best Left sided players in the world if he continues his form but emphasis on Left sided. He looks clueless at LB at times.

JackBuddy
14-05-2010, 06:58 PM

But then you could argue that Arsenal have been playing a formation which doesnt allow as many goals to be conceded as a 442... King and Dawson have been incredible, absolute rocks at the back. If you saw them both against City, Chelsea and Arsenal then I don't know how you can disagree. The fact that King doesn't train at all says wonders about his natural footballing ability. He's had 2 yellow cards in his career or something stupid like that.

Even Henry described him as: "only defender in the Premiership that could regularly tackle him without committing fouls"

I know youtube clips mean nothing, but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxmyjLp9tg

CHA!NGANG
14-05-2010, 07:16 PM
But then you could argue that Arsenal have been playing a formation which doesnt allow as many goals to be conceded as a 442... King and Dawson have been incredible, absolute rocks at the back. If you saw them both against City, Chelsea and Arsenal then I don't know how you can disagree. The fact that King doesn't train at all says wonders about his natural footballing ability. He's had 2 yellow cards in his career or something stupid like that.

Even Henry described him as: "only defender in the Premiership that could regularly tackle him without committing fouls"

I know youtube clips mean nothing, but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxmyjLp9tg

I like King a lot, and think he's a good CB yes, but I think Vermaelen is better. You have to judge a CB on lots of things. Vermaelen is the top scoring CB in the League, and until he got injured played every game this season bar 1. I know King's injury isn't his fault per say but at the end of the day he can only play 1 out of 2 games. If you rested Vermaelen every other game, his preformance would improve a lot too. I know he doesn't train too which emphasises his talent but considering age/overall preformance and endurance, I recon Vermaelen is better. Fair enough if you disagree, just my opinion.

As for the formation change, both teams play 4 in the back, and 1 holding mid so realistically it ends up being the same sort of defence.

Browney
14-05-2010, 08:20 PM
He's been injured this whole season with a back problem but he's played anyway. On form he is up there with one of the best LB's I recon. I'm not saying he will always be better than Bale, but bale has had half a good season in his career. Clichy has had a few good solid ones and has preformed well throughout. Until Bale proves himself for a few seasons, I won't consider him better than Clichy but that's my opinion. I have no doubt Bale will become one of the best Left sided players in the world if he continues his form but emphasis on Left sided. He looks clueless at LB at times.

A north London XI play a Spanish XI tommorow. Bale or Clichy? Now don't make a fool of yourself. I think that's very unfair on Bale. People forget he's young. He's a LB, but he's stepped up his game when Spurs needed to win.

CHA!NGANG
14-05-2010, 08:33 PM
A north London XI play a Spanish XI tommorow. Bale or Clichy? Now don't make a fool of yourself. I think that's very unfair on Bale. People forget he's young. He's a LB, but he's stepped up his game when Spurs needed to win.

Yeah I'm not saying he's rubbish or anything. But 6 months of good play doesn't mean he's a world class LB. In fact in those 6 months, he spent most the time on the LW.... If he shows the same form next season then yeah sure, there's a strong arguement that he could be better than Clichy but at the moment I recon Clichy is a better player. Obviously Bale has good form but come the start of next season, that form wont count for anything.

Browney
14-05-2010, 08:40 PM
But 12 months of bad play doesn't mean Clichy is. So if he's spent time at LW, I'd say it's clear why he can't defend. :P Last season, I would've said Evra, Cole and Clichy: Three top class LBs. Now I think it's Evra and Cole.

So are you saying Bale would play for your team tommorow, or Clichy?

CHA!NGANG
14-05-2010, 09:19 PM
At LB, I'd prefur Clichy. At LW, I'd prefur Bale :)

Also, hopefully when Clichy has recovered from this back injury, so by next season, he'll be back on form.

JackBuddy
14-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Bale played LB pretty much December - March when BAE went to the African Cup of Nations and then got injured. He did very well, he only really started playing in midfield as of the Arsenal game. I can only recall Bale being at fault for one goal, against United. He's come on leaps and bounds and he's just signed a new contract and hopefully he'll get better and better. He makes a good winger, but I do agree with Harry in the sense that he'd be future LB. He overlaps very well and is arguably more dangerous when he does so as he is given much more space to work in.

Still don't know how you can say Vermaelen is better than Dawson/King... especially King lol.

Soy
14-05-2010, 09:33 PM

Bale is a **** LB so yeah i guess you can say Clichy > Bale

Bale will play LM next season soon as we get a good RB as thats deffinitly our weak points

Feeling Pavy going if someone makes a bid for him.

I want to see the £40M investing in young players

But i think most people in this thread would agree,

King is better than Vermalen. King is my secound choice of CB for south africa and Dawson would make my bench/ reserves

CHA!NGANG
14-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Bale played LB pretty much December - March when BAE went to the African Cup of Nations and then got injured. He did very well, he only really started playing in midfield as of the Arsenal game. I can only recall Bale being at fault for one goal, against United. He's come on leaps and bounds and he's just signed a new contract and hopefully he'll get better and better. He makes a good winger, but I do agree with Harry in the sense that he'd be future LB. He overlaps very well and is arguably more dangerous when he does so as he is given much more space to work in.

Still don't know how you can say Vermaelen is better than Dawson/King... especially King lol.

I can easily say that Vermaelen is better... Dawson? Vermaelen is better than Dawson for sure. King, I can see where you'd argue that King is better but I still think that Vermaelen is better. At the end of the day, Spurs' defence this season was good, but it still wasn't as good as 4-5 other teams in the League so there are better CB's in the PL than King, and I think Vermaelen is one of them. I'm sure lots of people will agree with me, and there will be somepeople that say King is better, just like people will say Clichy is better than Bale and vice versa.

JackBuddy
14-05-2010, 09:47 PM
I can easily say that Vermaelen is better... Dawson? Vermaelen is better than Dawson for sure. King, I can see where you'd argue that King is better but I still think that Vermaelen is better. At the end of the day, Spurs' defence this season was good, but it still wasn't as good as 4-5 other teams in the League so there are better CB's in the PL than King, and I think Vermaelen is one of them. I'm sure lots of people will agree with me, and there will be somepeople that say King is better, just like people will say Clichy is better than Bale and vice versa.
You can't blame 1/2 central defenders for a whole team's defensive record.

Bale is a **** LB so yeah i guess you can say Clichy > Bale

Bale will play LM next season soon as we get a good RB as thats deffinitly our weak points

Feeling Pavy going if someone makes a bid for him.

I want to see the £40M investing in young players

But i think most people in this thread would agree,

King is better than Vermalen. King is my secound choice of CB for south africa and Dawson would make my bench/ reserves
Bale will be a good left back, it's where Harry seems him playing in the future. I can only think of 1 error since he stepped in. Pav and Keane are both going. There's no point putting money in for young players 'for the future'. We had been doing that for 6 years and got nowhere until tried and tested players were bought. We're in the champions league now so we are going to need players who are ready for the challenge now and not in 5 years time.

Tristan
14-05-2010, 09:57 PM
King is better than Vermaelen.
Vermaelen better than Dawson.

JackBuddy
14-05-2010, 11:07 PM
Harry said on SSN that he wants to sign someone who isn't going to the WC before it kicks off (dzeko please!!!). He also said he's watching games in France and Italy next week... hmm.

I hope it isn't Muntari he's watching.

I don't really believe anything he says when it comes to transfers, he usually does the complete opposite.

Soy
14-05-2010, 11:24 PM
Muntari is a beast, seems likely aswell since he managed him at portsmouth where he had a great season.

And by young i meant players under 26 some new talent like danny rose

Bale makes constant errors when defending its been more than one occasion

JackBuddy
14-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Muntari is a beast, seems likely aswell since he managed him at portsmouth where he had a great season.

And by young i meant players under 26 some new talent like danny rose

Bale makes constant errors when defending its been more than one occasion
Been watching a different team then. Sadly, I doubt Rose has much of a career at Spurs.

Gibs960
15-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Manchester United certainly need an up-to-date keeper who's actually any good...

JackBuddy
15-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Manchester United certainly need an up-to-date keeper who's actually any good...
VDS is good enough for now isn't he?

Tristan
15-05-2010, 11:31 AM

You're saying Van der Sar isn't good?

CHA!NGANG
15-05-2010, 11:34 AM
What they said

W00TZEH
15-05-2010, 02:38 PM
They do need a good young keeper though, as do Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool for backup.

CHA!NGANG
15-05-2010, 02:41 PM
They do need a good young keeper though, as do Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool for backup.

We have Mannone who is a good young keeper, but we don't have a first team keeper, and it's arguable about if Mannone is good enough for the Bench yet but I recon he is.

Soy
15-05-2010, 07:13 PM
aslong as we strengthen our wing backs s'alll goooooodd

don't want any strikers/ midfielders tbh team is perfect as it is

JackBuddy
15-05-2010, 08:48 PM
aslong as we strengthen our wing backs s'alll goooooodd

don't want any strikers/ midfielders tbh team is perfect as it is
That's what we need most...

Soy
15-05-2010, 10:59 PM
Crouch Defoe pavy gudjohnson (keane?)

all playing well

why the **** would you want more strikers

immense
15-05-2010, 11:00 PM
Not sure if they'll cut it in the CL.

JackBuddy
15-05-2010, 11:18 PM
Crouch Defoe pavy gudjohnson (keane?)

all playing well

why the **** would you want more strikers
You are completely mad, we have the funds to get better and we should.

Torres, Drogba, Rooney, Van Persie... all top draw strikers who have played in 'top 4' clubs we need a player of that calibre. I'm sorry, but if we want to progress and stay in the top 4 we have to do better, or we'll be in the Europa League again. Keane is half the player he used to be, Defoe has scored 3 goals this year, Crouch is hardly a goal machine and Pav & Gudjohnson aren't good enough. We have a good nucleus to the squad and a decent striker is the only thing we are lacking.

I would keep Defoe and Crouch. Keane is past it and Pav is average, just had a conveniently good spell for us.

immense
15-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Crouch always seems to perform on the big stage though, more so than Defoe.

CHA!NGANG
15-05-2010, 11:30 PM
Huntalaar isn't anywhere near that level. Suarez has potential to become a striker on that level and so does Dzeko although I can see Dzeko going to Milan which leaves Suarez who will cost around £35 Million.

JackBuddy
15-05-2010, 11:35 PM
Crouch always seems to perform on the big stage though, more so than Defoe.
He isn't exactly prolific though is he? We need a trophy player.

immense
15-05-2010, 11:36 PM
True. Depends how much you can sell Keane and Pavvy for before you start thinking of a big 20mil + name.

Geraint
15-05-2010, 11:36 PM
Crouch is a great platform for anyone who doesn't have the physicality really needed for the PL. Good player is Crouch. I like him.

JackBuddy
15-05-2010, 11:39 PM
True. Depends how much you can sell Keane and Pavvy for before you start thinking of a big 20mil + name.

We've got funds, plus the sales of:

Pav (who the chairman won't let go for less than £12m)
Keane £9/10m.
Jenas £7/8m.
O'Hara most likely £5/6m.
Taarabt £2/3m.
Giovani Dos Santos £4/5m.
Hutton £4/5m

When we do sell players, well sell them at a premium, Levy is good at that; Berbatov £30m, Carrick £16m, Kevin Prince Boateng £6m etc.

Geraint
15-05-2010, 11:41 PM
I can't believe how much GDS career has gone downhill.

JackBuddy
15-05-2010, 11:42 PM
**** attitude supposedly, always out getting drunk, late to training etc.

Tristan
16-05-2010, 08:44 AM
me too. :(

really?!
Spurs have destroyed him. :@

JackBuddy
16-05-2010, 10:14 AM
me too. :(

really?!
Spurs have destroyed him. :@
He destroyed himself, it's his fault. Harry doesn't really stand for people having **** attitudes.

http://en.giovannidossantosramirez.com/images/news/giovanni-borracho.jpg

Tristan
16-05-2010, 10:31 AM
He destroyed himself, it's his fault. Harry doesn't really stand for people having **** attitudes.

http://en.giovannidossantosramirez.com/images/news/giovanni-borracho.jpg

wowww.
Surely he wouldn't have been like this before he went to Spurs? Going from a sub for Messi to Ipswich is some fall, lol.

Soy
16-05-2010, 11:43 AM
You are completely mad, we have the funds to get better and we should.

Torres, Drogba, Rooney, Van Persie... all top draw strikers who have played in 'top 4' clubs we need a player of that calibre. I'm sorry, but if we want to progress and stay in the top 4 we have to do better, or we'll be in the Europa League again. Keane is half the player he used to be, Defoe has scored 3 goals this year, Crouch is hardly a goal machine and Pav & Gudjohnson aren't good enough. We have a good nucleus to the squad and a decent striker is the only thing we are lacking.

I would keep Defoe and Crouch. Keane is past it and Pav is average, just had a conveniently good spell for us.

thats what man city did, failed to make 4th.

in my eyes, Crouch and Defoe have been just as solid as any striking pair this season

JackBuddy
16-05-2010, 11:48 AM
thats what man city did, failed to make 4th.

in my eyes, Crouch and Defoe have been just as solid as any striking pair this season
You honestly think they're both good enough in the Champions League and to sustain 4th place? We have the money, we should do better, we can do better. City may have failed this year, but there's no doubt they'll do better next season. All they need is a better defence and a creative midfielder and they're off.

The only reason we got 4th was because of our midfield, they dragged us through the second half of the season. We need to step up if we want to improve. Defoe and Crouch are OK but we need better...

Smits
16-05-2010, 11:50 AM
You honestly think they're both good enough in the Champions League and to sustain 4th place? We have the money, we should do better, we can do better. City may have failed this year, but there's no doubt they'll do better next season. All they need is a better defence and a creative midfielder and they're off.

The only reason we got 4th was because of our midfield, they dragged us through the second half of the season. We need to step up if we want to improve.

I agree with what your saying, those two are good players, but theyre not up there with the best.

I hope we can manage to hold on to our players and invest in a decent centre mid who can hold us together.

Jibbish
16-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Tottenham will go out in the qualifiers, teams like villa, spurs, everton wouldnt get past the qualifiers imo.

Browney
16-05-2010, 12:16 PM
We've got funds, plus the sales of:

Pav (who the chairman won't let go for less than £12m)
Keane £9/10m.
Jenas £7/8m.
O'Hara most likely £5/6m.
Taarabt £2/3m.
Giovani Dos Santos £4/5m.
Hutton £4/5m

When we do sell players, well sell them at a premium, Levy is good at that; Berbatov £30m, Carrick £16m, Kevin Prince Boateng £6m etc.

Word on the Sun'lun message board is you won't let Hutton go for under 7 million.

JackBuddy
16-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Tottenham will go out in the qualifiers, teams like villa, spurs, everton wouldnt get past the qualifiers imo.
We're seeded in the draw unlike Everton when they got 4th. That means we'll avoid Milan, Ajax, Zenit etc and play teams like Gent. It will be tough, but I wouldn't say we're dead cert to not qualify...

Jibbish
16-05-2010, 12:59 PM
We're seeded in the draw unlike Everton when they got 4th. That means we'll avoid Milan, Ajax, Zenit etc and play teams like Gent. It will be tough, but I wouldn't say we're dead cert to not qualify...
Oh, in that case you have a good chance then :P

CHA!NGANG
16-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Yeah it depends on who you get.

Geraint
16-05-2010, 01:53 PM

has to be a reason why barca let such a promising youngster leave.

Jibbish
17-05-2010, 06:32 AM
Man City bidding for Milner £24 million today, Villa want closer to £30 million
If they buy Joleon Lescott for £24 million, i want £40 million for James Milner

JackBuddy
17-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Man City bidding for Milner £24 million today, Villa want closer to £30 million
If they buy Joleon Lescott for £24 million, i want £40 million for James Milner
He's irreplaceable for you. Do you really need the money?

Soy
17-05-2010, 11:02 AM
King to extend contract until 2012

Jibbish
17-05-2010, 03:05 PM
He's irreplaceable for you. Do you really need the money?
Randy gives £20 million each summer, he said in a interview we need to sell if we want to buy a £30 million calibure striker

StefanWolves
18-05-2010, 02:57 PM
This should be sticked by now.

Anyway, Villa > Barcelona almost complete
Fabregas > Barcelona in the next two weeks (if you believe SSN, which I do NOT)

Our local paper also saying that Arsenal have contacted us about Doyle.

Geraint
18-05-2010, 03:02 PM
I really don't see why Fabregas wants to go there. He can't get in Spain's 4 man midfield so he's hardly going to get into Barca's 3 man midfield.

CHA!NGANG
18-05-2010, 04:43 PM
I really don't see why Fabregas wants to go there. He can't get in Spain's 4 man midfield so he's hardly going to get into Barca's 3 man midfield.

Main reason for that is they can't play Iniesta, Fabregas, Xavi and Silva together. Too much attack.

Alonso/Senna are the more defencive ones that replace Fabregas as it adds more balance.

I agree, with Villa probably going to Barca Fabregas wouldn't start most games.

I don't belive SSN myself, the article is too flimsy. Saying that, I know he'll leave, maybe this season but I think he'll wait.

If he goes this season and we get £30 Mill plus a player that we can use, then we invest the money on Gourcuff or someone similar and Nasri takes over Fabregas' role, then I recon it wont make a huge impact. It will obviously be a hugeeee loss but it's not the end of Arsenal or anything.

Browney
18-05-2010, 05:19 PM
You're right, Fabregas leaving won't affect you much. You weren't going to win titles with him, and you aren't without.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8690067.stm

Adamm
18-05-2010, 05:23 PM
He's been with Arsenal for 5 years and they've won nothing so I don't see the problem myself.

CHA!NGANG
18-05-2010, 05:31 PM
You're right, Fabregas leaving won't affect you much. You weren't going to win titles with him, and you aren't without.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8690067.stm

Debatable. :P

JackBuddy
18-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Main reason for that is they can't play Iniesta, Fabregas, Xavi and Silva together. Too much attack.

Alonso/Senna are the more defencive ones that replace Fabregas as it adds more balance.

I agree, with Villa probably going to Barca Fabregas wouldn't start most games.

I don't belive SSN myself, the article is too flimsy. Saying that, I know he'll leave, maybe this season but I think he'll wait.

If he goes this season and we get £30 Mill plus a player that we can use, then we invest the money on Gourcuff or someone similar and Nasri takes over Fabregas' role, then I recon it wont make a huge impact. It will obviously be a hugeeee loss but it's not the end of Arsenal or anything.
Ibrahimovic is reportedly involved in the transfer somehow.

edit: Apparently....

5m Euro's plus Dos Santos on a permanent deal for Galatasaray.............Turan coming the other way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA9RLcwBFeM&feature=related

CHA!NGANG
18-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Ibrahimovic is reportedly involved in the transfer somehow.

Yeah him, Bojan and Toure are all players linked.

Not so sure I want any of them to be honest.

Yaya's good but I like Song. Maybe put Yaya as a CB but dno.

Bojan is too weak for the PL atm plus, although he is a talent, I don't think we need him.

Ibra wouldn't really fit as we have Arshavin, RvP and Chamakh.

Although, Arshavin has played the role Fabregas plays before, and it's arguably his best position so maybe:

---------- Song ---------
--- Nasri - Arshavin ---
RvP - Chamakh - Ibra

Browney
18-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Ibra is in a different class to Chamakh.

CHA!NGANG
18-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Ibra is in a different class to Chamakh.

Yeah I know he is a world class player. But if we're going to sell Fabregas then I think we need to get the best deal we can. Do we really need Ibra when we can get more money and buy a player we do need, or even get a different player.

I wouldn't say no to Ibra, but I think there's better options.

If they say: Ibra and £10 Mill for Fabregas, I'd rather take the £40 Mill or so.

JackBuddy
18-05-2010, 08:03 PM
------------ Hudd ---- Palacios -----------
------------------ Modric ------------------
Lennon ----------------------------- Turan
-------------- Decent Striker --------------

Frightening if it happens!

CHA!NGANG
18-05-2010, 08:05 PM
------------ Hudd ---- Palacios -----------
------------------ Modric ------------------
Lennon ----------------------------- Turan
-------------- Decent Striker --------------

Frightening if it happens!

I like Turan, good player. You won't have a single left footed player in your attack though, can be a disadvantage.

Bale is destined to be a LW imo but worth another shot at LB.

JackBuddy
18-05-2010, 08:10 PM
I like Turan, good player. You won't have a single left footed player in your attack though, can be a disadvantage.

Bale is destined to be a LW imo but worth another shot at LB.

Harry says he will be more effective as a left back. I guess time will tell though.

Just asked if he was right-footed to which someone replied:

Both, although seems to favour his left strangely when shooting despite primarily playing right side. He is versatile.

But apparently we'll only get him if Joe Cole turns us town... Turkish TV has announced he has signed though.

CHA!NGANG
18-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Harry says he will be more effective as a left back. I guess time will tell though.

Just asked if he was right-footed to which someone replied:

But apparently we'll only get him if Joe Cole turns us town... Turkish TV has announced he has signed though.

If cole doesn't remain at Chelsea, I can only see him going to Spurs myself.

I'm sure that Turan is right footed, but he might be like Sneijder in the way that he can use both feet well.

Adamm
18-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Turan is a winger.

CHA!NGANG
18-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Turan is a winger.

Yeah I know, he's a Left Winger. But right footed so I'm guessing he cuts in a lot instead of crossing, which if spurs play a 4-3-3 is better.

As for the striker. Fabiano could be a good bet. Do you think he's a good signing?

Adamm
18-05-2010, 08:33 PM
Nope.

He'd be a Forlan signing.

JackBuddy
18-05-2010, 08:33 PM
Yeah I know, he's a Left Winger. But right footed so I'm guessing he cuts in a lot instead of crossing, which if spurs play a 4-3-3 is better.

As for the striker. Fabiano could be a good bet. Do you think he's a good signing?
He's being looked at along with Suarez and Dzeko, don't know who else atm. Italian Sky said that Harry was at the Palmero game last night, presumably for Kjaer.

CHA!NGANG
18-05-2010, 08:40 PM
He's being looked at along with Suarez and Dzeko, don't know who else atm. Italian Sky said that Harry was at the Palmero game last night, presumably for Kjaer.

Palermo have a good few players.

Kjaer has said he doesn't want to rot on the bench, even at a big club and would rather play constantly. He won't get that at Spurs with Woodgate, King and Dawson.

JackBuddy
18-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Palermo have a good few players.

Kjaer has said he doesn't want to rot on the bench, even at a big club and would rather play constantly. He won't get that at Spurs with Woodgate, King and Dawson.
King plays every other game and is liable to picking up other injuries easily because he doesn't train and Woodgate's situation isn't getting much better unfortunately. Feel sorry for Bassong though.

Browney
18-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen. I give you... Browney's guide to Sunderland's transfers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPkfLALLXKY

Here's the acceptable areas of our squad.

Gordon
?* - Turner - ?* - ?
? - Cana - Cattermole - ?**
Bent - Jones

* - Hutton and Mensah, if they sign on a permanent.
** - We've just signed a new winger, but I haven't seen him play yet.

I'm going to do two sets of lists. One realistic, one... not. See if you can guess which.

In: Hutton, Mensah, Figueroa, N'Zogbia/Pederson

Out: Murphy, Healy, McCartney, Nosworthy

In: Rafael, Upson, Gibbs, Bentley, Joe Cole

Out: Half the squad.

Ok, the second set of lists was done tongue in cheek, but not too outlandish. Rafael might want loan time if United nab a RB, Upson is surplus to requirements at Upton Park, Gibbs may want loan time, Bentley could come here for game time and Joe Cole might want to work for charity..? In reality I would be delighted with the first list. However, sounds like we may be being priced out of moves for Mensah and Hutton. I'm not sure what to think. I never thought we needed to get stronger on the RB role anyway, I think our LB is dire. If we get forced out of the running for Hutton, Bruce should throw all of his considerable weight into a deal for Figueroa.

Although, there's talk of other options for the right back role. Guy demel from Hamburg is wanted away by fans, and Onouha wants away from the manager at City. He may also be handy in CB. Birmingham have had an 8 million bid for N'Zogbia knocked back. I reckon we can match or better that. Not to say Brum can't up their offer, they're minted. Plus, N'Zogbia knows the area well. Another creative midfielder option may be Ireland. He's not in the manager's plans, but I'm sure better clubs are in for him. Also, I'd hate to play him on the wing and butcher his style of play. We'd have to play:

Ireland
Riveros - Cattermole
Cana

Which doesn't suit Cattermole at all. And I'd hate to leave Catts out for Richardson or someone...

Basically, we need to tighten up at full-back, then add a creative midfielder. Too often Bent has poor service. Is Cristian Riveros that midfielder? Who knows. All I know is, I can't wait for transfer fever to kick off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxAKFlpdcfc&feature=related

JackBuddy
18-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Hutton is toilet, if I were Sunderland I'd cash in on Jones. He's good, but not really been the same player this season. Even you have to admit that he is terribly over-priced.

StefanWolves
18-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Harry was probably looking at Miccoli or Lavezzi, from Palermo, they're AMAZING for them.

Geraint
18-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Harry was probably looking at Miccoli or Lavezzi, from Palermo, they're AMAZING for them.

Only problem being he plays for Napoli.

StefanWolves
18-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Well, used to be at Palermo? :S

On my UT he's still classed as Palermo :S

EDIT - sorry I should have read the quote correctly, yeah I messed up with Lavezzi :P

Geraint
18-05-2010, 10:13 PM
did you mean Cavani?

JackBuddy
18-05-2010, 10:38 PM
did you mean Cavani?
Think he does.

StefanWolves
18-05-2010, 11:02 PM
Yah :P

Lavezzi would be a good signing though, so fast!

Smits
18-05-2010, 11:04 PM
Aparently wolves have made a 5mil bid for steven fletcher

Browney
19-05-2010, 06:29 AM
Hutton is toilet, if I were Sunderland I'd cash in on Jones. He's good, but not really been the same player this season. Even you have to admit that he is terribly over-priced.

Yeah but from a Sunderland perspective, he's better than Bardsley. The only issue therein, is Hutton worth 7-8 million? We need to address that. And fair point. He's still our second highest scorer, and on his day, I love him. If we got the rumoured 15 million I would snap your hand off. Plus, we've been linked with Heskey. It's the whole Bruce connection. But for 1.5 million I guess it's worth a shot.

W00TZEH
19-05-2010, 11:27 AM
David Villa to Barca for £34 - 40 milion

Smits
19-05-2010, 12:15 PM
Yeah he'll deffinately be going there i tihnk.

W00TZEH
19-05-2010, 12:28 PM
He's already signed :P

Smits
19-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Aparently wolves have made a 5mil bid for steven fletcher

Turns out theyre not and burnley slap a 7m price tag on him. He's decent i hope he stays.

And ahh right i didnt realise haha.

JackBuddy
19-05-2010, 04:36 PM
David Villa to Barca for £34 - 40 milion
a lot of money, but cheap when you compare him to other transfers like Robinho, Berbatov, Ibrahimovic. Mind you, he has no sell-on value.

immense
19-05-2010, 04:39 PM
it is a lot and he is already 28 innit? 3 years being world class i suppose, tis ok.

CHA!NGANG
19-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Ibra is gone I take it then. Probably part of the Cesc deal. If the cesc deal doesn't go through, then I can see Ibra staying.

Mexel
19-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Signed Ben Foster for 6m, got a 20 year old player called Enric Vallés on a free transfer and had bids rejected for Paul Konchesky, Carlton Cole and Charles N'Zogbia. And i think we bid for Zamora aswell.

Jam
19-05-2010, 05:50 PM
6 million? Seems a bit steep.

CHA!NGANG
19-05-2010, 05:56 PM
£6 Mill aint bad for a good keeper. Foster has potential to be a solid keeper as long as he gets games under his belt.

Mexel
19-05-2010, 06:05 PM
6m For Foster is a fair price, very fair.

JackBuddy
19-05-2010, 08:42 PM
20m City bid for Milner. No point in City even offering an amount that low, any team is going to try and get as much out of them as possible.

Mexel
19-05-2010, 08:49 PM
20m City bid for Milner. No point in City even offering an amount that low, any team is going to try and get as much out of them as possible.

Yeah, but even if they reject they will just bid and bid, i will be so happy if he goes to Man City, Villa wont have a team.

Adamm
19-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Ibra is gone I take it then. Probably part of the Cesc deal. If the cesc deal doesn't go through, then I can see Ibra staying.
No chance of Zlatan joining Arsenal unless he takes a pay cut.

JackBuddy
19-05-2010, 09:06 PM
p://www.youtube.com/my_vi

Adamm
19-05-2010, 09:09 PM
If it gets too popular it'll be taken down due to copyright infringement.

JackBuddy
19-05-2010, 09:20 PM
If it gets too popular it'll be taken down due to copyright infringement.

Oh right, is it the footage or the music? I was going to reduce the frame but forgot.

Black_Apalachi
20-05-2010, 01:53 AM
Rafa's after Jesus himself.

Jibbish
20-05-2010, 06:28 AM
Villa rejected £20m bid for milner from man city

Jimmy Milner is Brazillian
We wont sell for 30 million (8)

JackBuddy
20-05-2010, 09:41 AM
Hutton, Jenas, Dos Santos, Pav have all been made available for transfer immediately. I will update on the progress of all as it happens- but they will all be sold. Robbie Keane doesn't want to leave, and Harry still rates him, although if the right offer comes in he will be sold. The same for Jamie O'Hara- We are asking 6 Million for him- if someone pays it, he will go.

In terms of Eidur, depends on who is available first- but could be one to stay.

Clear targets remain, Richards and Dzeko. Also sniffing around Huntelaar. We will sign a big name striker this summer. Again, will update as it happens.

That's someone who's ITK.

W00TZEH
20-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Stoke got £1.5mil from Fosters sale :) sell on clauses ftw

Browney
20-05-2010, 04:45 PM
That's someone who's ITK.

**** me, 6 million for O'Hara? Bargain.

JackBuddy
20-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Can see O Hara going to Villa if they sell Milner.

StefanWolves
20-05-2010, 07:14 PM
wouldn't mind o'hara at the molineux

Browney
20-05-2010, 08:23 PM
O'Hara would be a quality option here. Solid on the left, or attacking in the middle.

Soy
20-05-2010, 09:31 PM
hope we get richards, would finish our team for me

plus we signed cudicini for another year giving us a strong back up keeper

Mexel
20-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Bloody hope we get Carton Cole, dont want Zamora though. N'Zogbia would be fantastic too.

Arron
21-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Bloody hope we get Carton Cole, dont want Zamora though. N'Zogbia would be fantastic too.

you want big Emile

W00TZEH
21-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Arsenal signed Chamakh

RatedRShadow
21-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Arsenal signed Chamakh

So they sign a 1.88m Moroccan footballer who believe to have a very good heading ability and able to score a lots of goals with his head (as mention at Wikipedia).

Adamm
21-05-2010, 09:19 PM
So they sign a 1.88m Moroccan footballer who believe to have a very good heading ability and able to score a lots of goals with his head (as mention at Wikipedia).
ever heard of tim cahill?

RatedRShadow
21-05-2010, 09:36 PM
ever heard of tim cahill?

Ya, AMF for Everton. Why?

W00TZEH
21-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Are you American?

RatedRShadow
21-05-2010, 09:54 PM
Are you American?

Sorry but no. :S Are you guys actually referring to the writer instead of the football player? My bad.. :(

W00TZEH
21-05-2010, 10:08 PM
What why would we be referring to a writer :S

RatedRShadow
21-05-2010, 10:12 PM
What why would we be referring to a writer :S

Because of this?

Are you American?

Anyway, back to Cahill topic. :s

Callum.
21-05-2010, 11:46 PM
Well, used to be at Palermo? :S

On my UT he's still classed as Palermo :S

EDIT - sorry I should have read the quote correctly, yeah I messed up with Lavezzi :P

What's a UT?

Black_Apalachi
22-05-2010, 12:11 AM
Where the **** is Jack these days? Every comment I make just gets blown away with the wind :P

RatedRShadow
22-05-2010, 05:47 AM
What's a UT?

Most likely to be "Unreal Tournament".

CHA!NGANG
22-05-2010, 09:54 AM
UT = Ultimate Team.

Fifa 10. I think anyway.

Signed Chamakh good signing.

I have a feeling the Fabregas deal will fall through and Barca will keep Ibra.

If it happens, Fabregas will stay at Arsenal but tbh if hes heart isn't in it then I'm not sure if I want him here.

Adamm
22-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Most likely to be "Unreal Tournament".
no, just no.

tim cahill is about 2ft and most of his goals are headed goals. it's not about height, it's about SPRING.

CHA!NGANG
22-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Chamakh is 6ft 2 anyway I think. Hardly small is it. Besides, he has one of the best jumps in the world I recon for a footballer. Great header.

JackBuddy
22-05-2010, 10:48 AM
UT = Ultimate Team.

Fifa 10. I think anyway.

Signed Chamakh good signing.

I have a feeling the Fabregas deal will fall through and Barca will keep Ibra.

If it happens, Fabregas will stay at Arsenal but tbh if hes heart isn't in it then I'm not sure if I want him here.
I don't think his heart has been at Arsenal for a while.

StefanWolves
22-05-2010, 11:06 AM
West Ham poised to sign... wait for it... Thierry Henry.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11685_6167124,00.html

CHA!NGANG
22-05-2010, 12:21 PM
I wouldn't say that. This whole season he has been our main man and was fighting for Arsenal, even at the Barca game you could see how much scoring that penalty meant to him. I think his heart has been at Arsenal up until now but now he's made his choice, he won't ever be a full arsenal player again, even if he doesn't go this summer.

JackBuddy
22-05-2010, 12:32 PM
West Ham poised to sign... wait for it... Thierry Henry.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11685_6167124,00.html

That's an absolute joke, for a club in debt with owners that go on about how clubs are financially doomed to do that is ridiculous. They shouldn't be allowed to do it.

Soy
22-05-2010, 10:10 PM
crazy offer for James Milner, £20M + stephen ireland

wierd because i rate ireland having more potential

+ why the **** are we bidding for bellamy

Jibbish
22-05-2010, 10:39 PM

i would take that

JackBuddy
22-05-2010, 11:35 PM

We haven't been bidding for him as far as I know. If the club is sniffing around Joe Cole and Turan and we get one then I doubt we'll sign him.

Soy
23-05-2010, 02:37 AM
looking likely we will get Joe Cole before he re-signs with chelsea Redknapp seems keen

read something about a £14M potential offer for bellamy but Man city didn't give an definite answer

Aston Villa interested in Keane willing to offer £15M supposedly

JackBuddy
23-05-2010, 10:09 AM
looking likely we will get Joe Cole before he re-signs with chelsea Redknapp seems keen

read something about a £14M potential offer for bellamy but Man city didn't give an definite answer

Aston Villa interested in Keane willing to offer £15M supposedly
Joe Cole is only in talks with us atm.

Keane doesn't want to go and Harry still rates him and will only let him go if a decent offer comes through. What you posted is just pure speculation.

Browney
23-05-2010, 11:35 AM
That's an absolute joke, for a club in debt with owners that go on about how clubs are financially doomed to do that is ridiculous. They shouldn't be allowed to do it.

Look at the Ronaldo sale. It's estimated Madrid have made 80 million off Ronaldo this season. Everyone in England has fond memories of Henry. It's whether WHU can get the sponsorship. Henry is still a massive name in England...

JackBuddy
23-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Look at the Ronaldo sale. It's estimated Madrid have made 80 million off Ronaldo this season. Everyone in England has fond memories of Henry. It's whether WHU can get the sponsorship. Henry is still a massive name in England...
But West Ham is miniature in size compared to Real Madrid.

Adamm
23-05-2010, 09:14 PM
london rivals and all that

Browney
23-05-2010, 09:21 PM
But West Ham is miniature in size compared to Real Madrid.

WHU aren't spending 80 million.

london rivals and all that

Perfect. Who in WHU colours would not be pumped for Henry scoring against Arsenal? Besides, it'd be a real crowd pleaser to sign Henry, so thats a few more ST renewed. Imagine the smug cockney faces of the east enders when they print Henry in claret and blue. They would LOVE it.

Jack.Lfc
23-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Benanoon to chelsea

Mexel
26-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Nikola Zigic 6m. Ty

CHA!NGANG
26-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Not too bad. I read that they wany £30 Mill for Gary Cahill. Wth kind of market is it. Although it wasnt the most reliable of sources but he aint worth £15 Mill. Stupid market....

JackBuddy
26-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Bellamy almost done deal...

Black_Apalachi
26-05-2010, 03:36 PM
bye Fabio :(
TAKE A SEAT FERNANDO :)
unlucky blue Mancs

Soy
26-05-2010, 09:16 PM
yakubu leaning to west ham..

looking likely where getting richards now

JackBuddy
27-05-2010, 12:41 PM
re: David Silva

meetings today with City......Liverpool can't afford him, tried to do player swaps.

JackBuddy
27-05-2010, 04:17 PM
SSN saying Dzeko is in talks with City now, it will be interesting if/when we put a bid in for him. Then we'd really see where the players priorities lie...

StefanWolves
27-05-2010, 07:44 PM
Wolves in for Fletcher from Burnley... 7.5 million. :/

Browney
27-05-2010, 07:57 PM
BFC laughing to the bank.

JackBuddy
27-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Wolves in for Fletcher from Burnley... 7.5 million. :/
Could get Niko Kranjcar 3 times with that!

Fletcher is a clever player, and would do fairly well at Wolves, but that price is ridiculous!

CHA!NGANG
27-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Market is rediculous.

JackBuddy
27-05-2010, 08:43 PM
SSN now saying City are in talks over Gago and Higuain!

Browney
27-05-2010, 08:45 PM
City secure signing of Turkish league. Just, the entire league.

JackBuddy
27-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Silva, Dzeko, Higuain and Gago. All in a day's work in Manchester. With this new 25 players over 21 rule coming into force, there could be some bargains coming out of City.

StefanWolves
27-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Silva, Dzeko, Higuain and Gago. All in a day's work in Manchester. With this new 25 players over 21 rule coming into force, there could be some bargains coming out of City.

I heard all of these too... if they're in for all of them and get all of them they will be definitely CL next year.

Browney
28-05-2010, 06:32 AM
I heard all of these too... if they're in for all of them and get all of them they will be definitely CL next year.

Or if not, pushing for title.

De Jong - Barry
Gago
Higuan - Dzeko - Silva

OOFT.

Sorry, my bad.

Milner* - Barry
Gago

CHA!NGANG
28-05-2010, 07:24 AM
Gago wouldn't start. He's useless atm, and doesn't get a sniff at Madrid and shouldn't start over some of the players City Have.

What above Tevez?

------ Milner - Barry ------
---------- Silva ----------
- Tevez - Dzeko - Higuain -

That leaves De Jong, Gago, Ireland, SWP, Adam Johnson, Bellamy, Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Ireland, M. Johnson, Robinho, Bojinov, Caicaido, Jo, Benjani and Petrov.

City really need to sort out there defence before they do anything...

Jibbish
28-05-2010, 07:39 AM
why people so certain he'll go to man city?
if he does, then ireland & onuoha/richards/swp will go the other way
unless man city bid ridiculously above £30 million
he'll go to chelsea or manchester united if they put bids.

W00TZEH
28-05-2010, 08:22 AM
STOKE ARE SIGNING PETER CROUCH AND STEVEN IRELAND OR MICHAEL CARRICK. heard it here first

Disclaimer: This may not be true.

JackBuddy
28-05-2010, 09:41 AM
That leaves De Jong, Gago, Ireland, SWP, Adam Johnson, Bellamy, Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Ireland, M. Johnson, Robinho, Bojinov, Caicaido, Jo, Benjani and Petrov.

Can see all those leaving, not sure I'd want any of them apart from Ireland and maybe Petrov. Peter Crouch won't leave, Harry loves him. I'm intrigued to know how top European sides will be dealing with him.

Soy
28-05-2010, 09:56 AM
bellamy to cardiff ;)

+ man city / chelsea aren't going to have any hopes of the champions league if they keep spending

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8709871.stm

Geraint
28-05-2010, 10:43 AM
bellamy to cardiff ;)

what a stupid rumour that is. you'd swear we won the final or something. just because some malaysians have come in they're not going to spend like mad. if we were in the premiership, i'd say he might come but that'd be unlikely then.

W00TZEH
28-05-2010, 11:02 AM
bellamy to cardiff ;)

+ man city / chelsea aren't going to have any hopes of the champions league if they keep spending

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8709871.stm

Just put something in the club shop for £100,000,000 and get the owner come in and buy it :D

Soy
28-05-2010, 11:56 AM
what a stupid rumour that is. you'd swear we won the final or something. just because some malaysians have come in they're not going to spend like mad. if we were in the premiership, i'd say he might come but that'd be unlikely then.

i know right but if spurs and everton don't end up offering then there's a glimpse of a chance

JackBuddy
28-05-2010, 02:53 PM
i know right but if spurs and everton don't end up offering then there's a glimpse of a chance
Everton are getting Beckford. Can only see them going for Bellamy if Pienaar leaves, which is looking likely.

StefanWolves
28-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Well, were still heavily linked with Stephen Fletcher for £7.5million.

Browney
28-05-2010, 08:35 PM
We sould sign Santa Cruz.

JackBuddy
31-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Beckford is going to Everton.

Aherm.

Browney
31-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Good signing I guess. Would've been risky for a player to jump up 2 levels but the fact he's on a free makes it a sensible move.

W00TZEH
31-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Stoke to sign Jenas this week.

Jibbish
31-05-2010, 05:26 PM
villa to typically sign some mediocre british based player in the last week of the transfer window.

JackBuddy
31-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Stoke to sign Jenas this week.
Is that from someone ITK? Someone said on the forum I use that he is definately off, and was taking Italian lessons. Either way, good riddance.

Levy has left Croatia after securing Luka's new contract and is heading to Italy... KJH, Kjaer, Cavani?

Adamm
31-05-2010, 07:50 PM
villa to typically sign some mediocre british based player in the last week of the transfer window.
you mean like young and milner?

JackBuddy
31-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Reo-Coker, Sidwell, Knight, Davies, Harewood, Shorey, Heskey, Routledge, Maloney. Think he means them.

Jibbish
31-05-2010, 11:11 PM
every now and then we do get someone goood :D
they were **** in their first seasons, so hopefully downing will turn good upcoming season
but yeah the players what jack said, fair enough if hes going to use them and rotate but he dont... :|
and when we sign someone foreign its some average dude from scotland :/

Browney
01-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Apparantly, Brum have pulled out of signing N'Zog after Wigan are wanting more than 8 million. 10 million on him wouldn't be the worst money we've ever spent.

Hmmmm
01-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Arsenal want Gourcuff if Fabregas goes to Barcelona.

JackBuddy
02-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Daniel Levy has just got back from Italy, looking at two strikers, one believed to be Pazzini.

Can see the other being Cavani or Huntelaar if the Fabiano -> Milan rumours are true.

Browney
03-06-2010, 08:10 AM
Do you really need more strikers? Cor, you guys have a massive squad, I'd say you needed to trim it a little bit. *Cough* Hutton. Your second team is better than our first practically.

Pav - Keane
Kranjcar - Jenas - ? - Bentley
Assou-Ekotto - Bassong - Kaboul - Hutton

Bent > Pav ;) (AT THE MOMENT.)
Keane = Jones (I dunno, different beasts really.)
Kranjcar > Malbranque
Cana > ? (:P, I actually couldn't think of another CM for you guys. :S)
Cattermole = Jenas (I haven't seen Jenas much at all really, so I can't comment.)
Bentley > Henderson
Assou-Ekotto > McCartney
Bassong > Ferdinand
Turner > Kaboul (IMO, I won't argue if you think Kaboul is better, it's just what you want from your CB.)
Hutton > Bardsley (;) :()

JackBuddy
03-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Do you really need more strikers? Cor, you guys have a massive squad, I'd say you needed to trim it a little bit. *Cough* Hutton. Your second team is better than our first practically.

Pav - Keane
Kranjcar - Jenas - ? - Bentley
Assou-Ekotto - Bassong - Kaboul - Hutton

Bent > Pav ;) (AT THE MOMENT.)

Keane = Jones (I dunno, different beasts really.)

Kranjcar > Malbranque

Cana > ? (:P, I actually couldn't think of another CM for you guys. :S)

Cattermole = Jenas (I haven't seen Jenas much at all really, so I can't comment.)

Bentley > Henderson

Assou-Ekotto > McCartney

Bassong > Ferdinand

Turner > Kaboul (IMO, I won't argue if you think Kaboul is better, it's just what you want from your CB.)

Hutton > Bardsley (;) :()

Suppose you could stick O'Hara or GDS in that second team lol.
Pav, Hutton, GDS, O'Hara, Jenas being sold and Keane if the right offer comes in.

Keane has been utter toilet since he came back from Liverpool and the rest of our strikers are just 'good/OK' but we need better if we want to sustain 4th place and have a chance of getting beyond the group stages in the CL.

Browney
03-06-2010, 11:09 AM
Suppose you could stick O'Hara or GDS in that second team lol.
Pav, Hutton, GDS, O'Hara, Jenas being sold and Keane if the right offer comes in.

Keane has been utter toilet since he came back from Liverpool and the rest of our strikers are just 'good/OK' but we need better if we want to sustain 4th place and have a chance of getting beyond the group stages in the CL.

YEAH, see, I knew I was forgetting someone. O'Hara > Cattermole faw sho'. And fair enough. So who would you play upfront/want to come in to play upfront?

JackBuddy
03-06-2010, 12:29 PM
YEAH, see, I knew I was forgetting someone. O'Hara > Cattermole faw sho'. And fair enough. So who would you play upfront/want to come in to play upfront?
Anyone who can play up top by himself in an ideal world. We played 442 all season and I'm suprised we got 4th playing that system, we've never had a striker good enough for a 451 formation which is half the reason we are so **** away from home. Would have loved for it to have been Dzeko, we're interested in him but City are too...

Browney
03-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Ibra? ;):D

StefanWolves
03-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Ibra > City
Maicon > Real Madrid
Dzeko > City/Spurs
Fletcher > Wolves (probably completed tomorrow)

All these will happen this summer IMO.

JackBuddy
03-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Pazzini, Huntelaar, Dzeko, Fabiano and Cavani are the names of the strikers being looked at AFAIK. Spurs will most likely get the scraps though, which depend on other transfers. eg, Fabiano -> Milan, Huntelaar -> Spurs.

CHA!NGANG
03-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Huntelaar is a good finisher in the box. If Lennon and Bale can give him enough to work with he'll put a fair few in although I don't rate him myself. I think Dzeko will go City or stay at WB. Fabiano I'm not sure where he'll go but I don't think he's staying with Sevilla.

JackBuddy
03-06-2010, 08:41 PM
Huntelaar is a good finisher in the box. If Lennon and Bale can give him enough to work with he'll put a fair few in although I don't rate him myself. I think Dzeko will go City or stay at WB. Fabiano I'm not sure where he'll go but I don't think he's staying with Sevilla.
AC Milan looks likely for Fabiano. I'd still like Huntelaar, an improvement on anything we've got now.

Mexel
04-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Ibra > City
Maicon > Real Madrid
Dzeko > City/Spurs
Fletcher > Wolves (probably completed tomorrow)

All these will happen this summer IMO.

Dont you think 6.5m is just a tad to much for Fletcher?

CHA!NGANG
04-06-2010, 12:16 PM
Tad? It's a rip off :P

Then again prices have inflated so much it's hard to tell whos worth what.

StefanWolves
04-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Tad? It's a rip off :P

Then again prices have inflated so much it's hard to tell whos worth what.

Its not a rip off at all. Id call 6M or whatever it was for Zigic a rip off. Totally unproven in the PL.

We bought Doyle for the same price, he scored 8 goals which is an okay return
And probably kept us up, but he gave so much more to the team and it was a gamble for the money. 6.5M for someone who proved himself last year by scoring 12 goals is a fair price IMO.

If him + Doyle get us 20 goals next season we will stay up.

Next I hope we sign Hunt and cover for both wings. Were also rumoured to be in for Pompey captain Mokoena, hope we get him as we need to bolster our defence IMO.

CHA!NGANG
04-06-2010, 12:47 PM
£7.5 Mill for a Championship player? I'm not saying he's rubbish but he's not worth that. Could have got Cisse, Bellamy, Jones for that a few years back. In this market it's hard to tell what a player's worth but £7.5 Million is a fair bit.

Zigic isn't proven no, but I can't see what can go wrong with him. He's strong enough to deal with the PL, that's for sure and he's played with a top class side before against top teams.

JackBuddy
04-06-2010, 01:09 PM
http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=177727

LOL! Please tell me this is true.

StefanWolves
04-06-2010, 02:18 PM
£7.5 Mill for a Championship player? I'm not saying he's rubbish but he's not worth that. Could have got Cisse, Bellamy, Jones for that a few years back. In this market it's hard to tell what a player's worth but £7.5 Million is a fair bit.

Zigic isn't proven no, but I can't see what can go wrong with him. He's strong enough to deal with the PL, that's for sure and he's played with a top class side before against top teams.

Where the hell have you got 7.5 from? It was 6 + Iwelumo, Championship player? No, he scored 12 goals in the PL. We paid 6.5 for Doyle who was a Championship player an now look, Arsenal are after him.

Zigic will fail in the PL. We bought Maierhofer (exactly the same as Zigic, youtube him) for 2M and he didnt even start a game for us this season. Mark my words Zigic will do nothig.

CHA!NGANG
04-06-2010, 02:23 PM
Donno if Zigic will start or not but I think he'll put in a decent shift. I heard 7.5 from somewhere but can't remember where but if it is 6 then it's not too bad but still it's a fair bit of money. Yes Doyle was a good signing but it doesn't mean the same thing will happen again with Fletcher. £6 Mill is probably the max that I'd pay for him so that's ok but if it's £7.5 I think that's too much.

JackBuddy
04-06-2010, 02:24 PM
I'm sure we'll give you Jenas for £6m... please?

Adamm
04-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Why are you comparing Mairhoffer to Zigic?

Zigic has played in La Liga, Mairhoffer has played in a league where Alex Manniger is probably there most famous export.

JackBuddy
04-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Barcelona have lodged and interest in Gareth Bale, we have told them to jog on. Harry thinks that he really can become the BEST left back in the world. (left back! for all of us that wishes he played further forward)

Harry isnt too confident regarding Joe anymore, The terms haven't changed, its just Harry was under the illusion Joe would sign before the world cup. I dont think any other club has made him a proper offer like us, just the interest has turned his head a bit, and he might be following advice to wait until a hopefully successful world cup is finished. Harry hasn't spoke to Joe since last weekend, probably the root of the anxiety.

No bids have been made for a striker yet although we have sounded out 3 or 4 potential targets. Harry wouldnt deny we are interested in Forlan, Hunterlaar or Luis Fabiano but surprisingly Craig Bellamy is apparently off the radar. By all accounts he wants to stay based where he is up in the north west.

My boss speaks to Harry almost daily, so hopefully I can get as much info as I can before he jets off to South Africa, especially as I'm flavour of the month at work

oh my.

StefanWolves
04-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Why are you comparing Mairhoffer to Zigic?

Zigic has played in La Liga, Mairhoffer has played in a league where Alex Manniger is probably there most famous export.

Go YouTube. Go.

Zigic is a poor mans crouch and Crouch isnt exacty anything amazing.

JackBuddy
04-06-2010, 11:03 PM
A 4 minute YouTube video can make Jenas look good.

Browney
05-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Where the hell have you got 7.5 from? It was 6 + Iwelumo, Championship player? No, he scored 12 goals in the PL. We paid 6.5 for Doyle who was a Championship player an now look, Arsenal are after him.

Zigic will fail in the PL. We bought Maierhofer (exactly the same as Zigic, youtube him) for 2M and he didnt even start a game for us this season. Mark my words Zigic will do nothig.

Arsenal are rumoured to be after him

Zigic scored 13 goals in 19 goals for Racing Santander. He's strong and physical. Perfect for EPL.

City sign Jerome Boateng.

JackBuddy
05-06-2010, 02:49 PM
West Ham United can confirm the club hope to announce a major signing in the next 12 hours.

The player, a proven international with over 60 caps, would become Avram Grant's first new recruit since his appointment as manager last Thursday.

The club is in advanced negotiations but will not make any further announcement until the proposed deal is completed.

Return to whufc.com for all the latest, with the club's official website and mobile text alerts the place to be this summer for all the West Ham United news, first and fastest.
They just ooze class, probably one of the worst run clubs in the league. Why would they announce that while they're still 'hopeful' and the deal clearly hasn't gone through?

CHA!NGANG
05-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Is Thomas Hitzlsperger this major signing?

JackBuddy
05-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Is Thomas Hitzlsperger this major signing?

If so they're wrong, wiki says he has 51 caps. West Ham are a joke.

Adamm
05-06-2010, 07:11 PM
tal be haim is west hams major signing

Jibbish
05-06-2010, 07:16 PM
hope hitzelsperger dont get any cockney into that brummie/german accent of his :D

JackBuddy
05-06-2010, 07:36 PM
hope hitzelsperger dont get any cockney into that brummie/german accent of his :D
Haha, I remember hearing that in an interview with him. He seems nice and came across really well.

Adamm
05-06-2010, 07:40 PM
he was good at villa

Geraint
05-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Nice to see West Ham with ambition. Buying from Lazio might have been good about a few years ago but given that the team last season were crap and nearly got relegated, a player who played 5 times for them isn't really the best signing you could wish for, is it?

CHA!NGANG
05-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Nice to see West Ham with ambition. Buying from Lazio might have been good about a few years ago but given that the team last season were crap and nearly got relegated, a player who played 5 times for them isn't really the best signing you could wish for, is it?

Meh I wouldn't say that. Kolarov is being hunted by the top teams in Europe and Madrid are willing to pay £15-20 Million for him. Also Zarate is being hunted I think. They have a few good players, but yeah they underperformed a lot last season.

But he's a decent signing on a free I think.

Geraint
05-06-2010, 11:29 PM
To be fair, Lazio are a good team who, like you said, under-performed last year.

JackBuddy
08-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Senderos to Fulham

lol

CHA!NGANG
08-06-2010, 05:34 PM
Good deal for Fulham. Was on a free, and he isn't a bad defender. Just had off times but has had some very good preformances and has always done well internationally. Handy guy to have around too, can speak 6 languages. :D

Browney
08-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Senderos to Fulham

lol

HANGELANDHANGELANDHANGELANDHANGELANDHANGELAND

Adamm
08-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Senderos to Fulham

lol
to be honest that's a cracking buy for fulham.

StefanWolves
08-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Would have been a perfect signing for us TBH.

JackBuddy
09-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Nothing new but word reaches me that interest has been shown in an Argentinian based in Italy. Ties in with one or two snippets from others.

Oh and no specific link to Spurs but i've heard that a certain toothy Brazilian wants to give the EPL a try.
First bit is probably either Zarate of Lavezzi. Was impressed with Zarate when he was at Birmingham, but not sure he's really what we need atm...

Second part has City written all over it.

CHA!NGANG
09-06-2010, 10:21 PM
2nd part relates to Pato I think. Probably him and Chelsea. Pato was known for his dental problems ;)

::Art::
10-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Hearing rumours of chile winger Alexis Sanchez coming to United :)

JackBuddy
15-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Danny Rose & Kyle Walker to Pompey.

Other random news:
We have agreed a 100m naming rights deal, not immienently announced but done,
We wanted a 60k capacity for the stadium, were told by designers that this would reduce noise levels by 20%, 58k would reduce noise levels by 10%, 56k means same noise levels as current ground, this is why 56k is the number,
New kit likely to be end of July, 4 companies in the running, have turned down 6m a year, levy wants close to 10m as possible.

because I know you all care.

CHA!NGANG
15-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Loan or Sell?

JackBuddy
15-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Loan or Sell?
Loan, shoulda said lol.

Not sure that Rose and Walker have much of a future at Spurs anyway tbh.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!