PDA

View Full Version : [Question] How can I become a moderator?

Hecktix
12-05-2010, 06:54 PM
http://www.habbo.com/habbo-imaging/avatarimage?user=sct&action=std&direction=2&head_direction=3&gesture=sml&size=l&img_format=gif
How can I become a Moderator?

There are two ways in which you can become a moderator, but first there must be a position available on the team. It's of absolute importance we don't hire more moderators than we need.

So when a position appears in the department there are two paths that we may take:

Ask Forum (Super Moderators) for Recommendations
Sometimes, if we only need one or two moderators we will open recommendations, Forum (Super) Moderators' will put forward members who they think would be a good moderator, generally people who post around specific forums a lot, report posts a lot and people who are generally friendly and helpful.

Open Applications
If we want a few moderators or the Forum Manager does not want to open recommendations we will open applications. This is where anybody and everybody on the Forum can create a Moderator Application and have the chance to become a moderator.

Usually we have some basic requirements for instance to have been a member for 3 months, have a clean record etc but these can change.

What will make my application successful?
I am often asked what makes a moderator application successful. Each application is read and scrutinised by the Forum Management team. We look for applications which show the applicant to have a desire to become a moderator, for the right reasons - for instance not just power hungry.

It needs to be clear that effort has been put into the application.

Again, as with reccommendations those who report posts, post around the forum and are generally friendly & helpful often stand out.

So when will applications open?
As said above, there's no set times to us opening applications, it depends on the need for moderators.

Any further questions should be directed to the Forum Manager via PM.

The current Forum Manager is Phil

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!