PDA

View Full Version : Revision Cramming

PaulMacC
14-05-2010, 03:48 PM
What are your thoughts in it.

My opinion.
I've tried to space out my revision for AS but it just hasn't worked. I've got two exams next week (albeit they are only worth 33% of my total grade for each respective subject) and I'm only starting to revise.It worked pretty well for me at GCSE as it helps me memorise things more but it pressure just isn't worth it. Gah, I promise next year I'll be super organised. I always say this but I never do, but next year I will :P

immense
14-05-2010, 03:51 PM
It's the best way to revise. If you start too early you'll have to revise your earliest revision. Just try your best Paul!

Inseriousity.
14-05-2010, 03:51 PM
I do it all the time, mainly for the reason that you say at the end. Such a procrastinator that it's the best I can do.

In a way though, I think it helps me because I'm in such a rush to cram everything in that I try to make sure I get the important notes and then I remember them too.

PaulMacC
14-05-2010, 03:52 PM
I'm going to try and get rid of it this year but as you said for a procrastinator it is the easier way to revise.

danzooo
14-05-2010, 03:55 PM
It all depends on the revision techniques that suit you best; everyone's different.

Personally, cramming it all in at the last minute doesn't particularly work for me, I prefer to plan had ahead and revise little bits weeks, even months before my exam.
Obviously I do tonnes more towards the end but the stuff I revised earlier will be more familiar to me.

Cosmic
14-05-2010, 05:34 PM
I can never make myself stick to plans. I just revise what I feel I need to, as and when.

DieselShaq
14-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Cramming doesn't work for me. It's just like revising at other times. I start reading, then yawn after two sentences, lose concentration and do something else. My way of "revision" is just to do past papers, see where my weaknesses are, then hopefully I don't have much to read and it gets into my head easier 'cause I just concentrate for that little bit.

I think next year I'm going to start typing up notes as the year progresses so I don't have to do them all during study leave and it's just easier to read and "study" after I do past papers.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!