PDA

View Full Version : mom's getting new car

Metric1
25-05-2010, 01:04 AM
my mom got a CPO 07' Mercedes S-Class almost 2 years ago from her boyfriend. my mom drove it all winter because her winter car was giving her a lot of problems (needs a new engine, slipped timing) so she racked up a ton of miles + i took it to Canada twice this winter. it has almost 130k on it now and it's starting to give is a few minor problems, such as some of the seat adjustments stopped working, there are a few dead pixels on the speedometer cluster and the brakes are getting bad. my mom lives much closer to the office now so all of her driving is in town so she's looking at getting a hybrid. we've owned a hybrid in the past but it didn't give us any noticeable mpg improvement because we were driving it on the highway and it was all engine driving.

mom called the mercedes dealer to see if there were any demo s400's in and the salesman told her they're pretty hard to come by but he would keep his eyes open.. if not we have to order one :(

danzooo
25-05-2010, 03:31 PM
"minor" problems after 130k miles? My Clio has done 70k and needed new track rod ends, rubber supports for the exhaust and fresh springs, and it still needs new brake discs/pads and a clutch!

Have you considered other big cars like that? 7-series Beemer? used Bentley?

Metric1
25-05-2010, 05:48 PM
"minor" problems after 130k miles? My Clio has done 70k and needed new track rod ends, rubber supports for the exhaust and fresh springs, and it still needs new brake discs/pads and a clutch!

Have you considered other big cars like that? 7-series Beemer? used Bentley?

We've replaced the brakes once before and that's it. We have owned 3, 7-Series BMW's in the past and we have one currently. We've had 2, 2002 models and one 2004 (current). I love the older 745's but the new ones are ugly. As for a Bently.. well it would be nice but too much $$ for something we're going to beat up.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!