PDA

View Full Version : Forum Updates ~ 30/05/2010

Hecktix
30-05-2010, 07:57 PM
http://assets.habbox.com/images/97bannerforumupdate.gif

Hello! Nearly the end of another hectic month, many of you are probably in the middle of your exam period at the moment, I know mine start in the next 2 weeks so it's all crazy times! Anyway this week we have a few interesting updates for you, one of them quite major!

I'll be honest a lot of this weeks work has been conducted by our amazing technician, Jamesy so kudos goes to him this week.

So, what do we have for you?

Reputation for each star gained within your user rank
Habbo & Trading sections merged
New notifications
'Groups' now on the navigation bar
Easier way to decline group invitations
Extra Safety measures regarding the 'Post a Picture' Thread

Hecktix
30-05-2010, 08:06 PM
As you will know, we recently made changes to the User Rank system and when proposing this we suggested one thing we may do is give reputation for each stage reached within your user ranks (there are four). This was quite a big thing when suggested in feedback and there was a lot of debate as to whether it was possible.

Jamesy, our Forum Technician has been slaving away pretty much since the suggestion was made trying to find a plausible way to do it, trust me we tried many things and failed so when James told me he'd found a way that would work, I was delighted and it is now installed on the forum and running wonderfully (so if you've noticed any increase to your rep in the last 45 mins this is what it is).

This is how the system will work:

Gold Members:
To be in this userrank you must have 5 posts.
For each extra star you need 250 posts and each time you gain an extra star you get 10 rep points.

Ruby Members:
To be in this user rank you must have 1000 posts
For each extra star you would need 375 posts each time you gain an extra star you get 15 rep points

Sapphire Members:
To be in this user rank you must have 2500 posts
For each extra star you would need 625 posts each time you gain an extra star you would get 20 rep points.

Emerald Members:
To be in this userrank you must have 5000 posts
For each extra star you would need 1250 posts and would be rewarded with 25 rep points per star

Platinum Members
To be in this userrank you must have 10,000 posts.
For each extra star you would need 2500 posts and would be rewarded with 30 rep points per star

This is not done automatically when you reach the post amount, the system runs every hour so if you reach a stage, you should recieve the rep within the next hour.

Unfortunatley, we cannot give members any reputation they "would" have got if this system was in place when they were in the lower ranks - this is because it's impossible.

I would like to personally thank Jamesy for this work and I hope you all enjoy it. Report any problems you may have in the Habbox Bug Tracker and any questions can be posted in the Forum & Moderation section of the questions category.

Hecktix
30-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Following a suggestion by Erotica in Habbox Feedback we have decided to make the Habbo section of the forum a little bit bigger by merging the Trading section into it.

This is how the Habbo section now looks:

Habbo News & Rumours
Cool Rooms
Habbo in General
Bobba - Scams & Bugs, Errors & Glitches
Trading
Anything about Trading & Furniture
Report Rare Values

The TRADING forum houses all the forums where you can trade your furniture.

Hecktix
30-05-2010, 08:15 PM
As Jamesy was bored this afternoon, he has made some alterations to the notice alerts.

Here is what they now read:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3663961/notifimpr.PNG

The main reasons for this, is to provide more information to the user.

Hecktix
30-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Following comments about the Community Groups not being publicised enough, we have decided to add them to our secondary navigation bar.

This should enable you to access the Groups pages more freely.

Thanks to TheProfessor for tihs suggestion.

Hecktix
30-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Following comments made by roboy13 in the Questions forum earlier we have decided to make declining group invitations a little bit easier.

You can now decline invitations on the main group view page:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3663961/decline.PNG

Hecktix
30-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Following a discussion instigated by Richie in feedback we have decided to tighten security on the "Post a Picture of You" thread, by doing this we have restricted guest access to the "Pictures & Photography" forum.

If members wish to post pictures of themselves, Management strongly advise you post them in the "Pictures and Photography" forum.

Forum and General Management would like to remind users that by posting a picture on Habbox Forum you are doing so at your own risk however we would like to assure you that we take every measure possible to ensure your protection.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!