PDA

View Full Version : Best Theory CD?

Moh
13-06-2010, 02:40 AM
I have my theory in a couple of weeks and I was wondering which practice CD you would recommend?

Moved by danzooo (Forum Moderator) from "Technology Discussion".

Black_Apalachi
13-06-2010, 02:16 PM
This looks like the one I had. My instructor gave it to me for free and it had CD-roms for both the theory and the practical

http://www.cathrobertsdrivertraining.co.uk/images/focus%20cd%20rom.jpg

Stryderman
13-06-2010, 02:19 PM
Imo i thought the cd was odd to understand idk if its the one i had or what. But the book "The highway code" has every answer in all set out pretty good. I found it so much easier to read than follow the cd. Also the above cd ive been told is quite good as my mate had it.

myke
13-06-2010, 02:23 PM
There is no 'best', it's a combination of using different ones, there's plenty of free tests online that you can practice, the CDs give very much one approach.

I used a combination of online, cd and books. If you have the determination and the nerves then you'll be fine... good luck. :)

Moh
13-06-2010, 02:41 PM
This looks like the one I had. My instructor gave it to me for free and it had CD-roms for both the theory and the practical

I heard that ones good too, plus it has hazard perception :D

+rep to all

Judge Judy
13-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Driving Test Success are popular and my instructor gave me the hazard perception disk from them :P
Though I got a book with all questions in and then used an iPod Touch (+ iPhone & iPad) app as well, useful when you're on the go the app is and includes the highway code as well :)

Meanies
13-06-2010, 04:35 PM

i used this and passed first time with 50/50 on multichoice and 59/75 on hazard perception, so its obvious it works.
it has all of the questions which you can do practice sessions of which selects from them all and then you can go through all 75 practice sessions and cover all the questions (have to do the road signs section aswell to do all the questions)
and the hazard perception part doesn't have the clips from the actual test, but has their own and ones from different viewpoints aswell (from drivers view, not on roof like the dsa ones are i think) which helps not really for the test but for after

so yeah i'd get that :P
its like 6/7 quid on ebay i think

GommeInc
13-06-2010, 05:18 PM

^ That's a good one. Have a copy of the Highway Code to hand too as a reference.

Jamieb
13-06-2010, 05:34 PM
Mine was the same as that one, although the woman was blonde!

myke
13-06-2010, 05:35 PM
You can find the highway code online in PDFs on direct.gov :)

Black_Apalachi
14-06-2010, 12:32 AM
^ That's a good one. Have a copy of the Highway Code to hand too as a reference.

Yeah my dad bought me the highway code from Halfords. Glad I didn't pay for the CD-roms though - only did one practice theory when I first got it then another just before I left the house to go do the test and still passed. The practical part was just like a game really :P

danzooo
14-06-2010, 09:23 PM
The official Highway Code CD is excellent. I used this in conjuction with the fulll version of the AA Theory Test app for iPhone and simply searching "free hazard perception clips" on Google and it found a shedload.

Took me 2 attempts to pass seeing as I didn't do much hazard percep. but in the end I left with 50/50 on the questions and 63/75 on hazard.

Moh
14-06-2010, 09:45 PM
My mum got me the Driving Test Success today :)

£15 *choke* It's only £5 online LOL

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!