PDA

View Full Version : University Project DONE & It's Won!!

iMartyn
20-06-2010, 08:58 PM
So here's a really quick description followed by linkage and a nice image of my exhibition boards which go up tomorrow.

Read what my project is (it's only 5/6 lines lol):
For my end of year project I decided to mix my 2 passions. Radio and web design. I decided to make a user controlled radio station but not only do they pick the songs, but the talking topics too.

I've gone down a slightly different route to typical stations and decided it will be iPhone / iPod Touch only.

The station name is.. XactlyFM and the tagline is "What you want to hear!" so all together in jingles it says "Xactly what you want to hear!" clever?

The logo has more emphasis on the X as it's a letter people associate with music because of The X Factor and also the radio station XFM.

The X itself I like because it works stand alone and it works on any scale, in the boards below you see I even take away the extra background X and it still works, or even if I remove the middle X it's still recognizable. That's my proudest part of this I reckon.
Visit this URL via your iPhone to test my site & vote:
http://www.martynlittlewood.com/iphone

Visit this URL on your computer to use the emulated version:
http://www.martynlittlewood.com/xactlyfm

Here's my A3 boards printed out. Logo, phone view, Apple Sillouhette for recognizability factor and also an information graphic with data about listening figures increasing on digital platforms which I got off Trent FM's manager (nice man!).

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/3953/img0567r.jpg

And keep it on the dl, but my tutor has told me I've won "Best In Show" even over the 3rd year students? Wow. So I get some kinda prize and I have to go up at a ceremony on Tuesday, lovely..

Sorry this is a long post, but it's a month or 2's work condensed for ya! :)

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator): Moved to this forum from ' Discuss Anything'.

alexxxxx
20-06-2010, 09:02 PM
is this like a web app for radio stations?

you at trent or uni of nottingham?

iMartyn
20-06-2010, 09:07 PM
is this like a web app for radio stations?

you at trent or uni of nottingham?

I'm a Trent student (but my course is run off campus, it's administrated by Trent)

All the votes collected through this site will affect what's played in my booth/stall :)

MrPinkPanther
20-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Wow thats awesome, great art.

Describe
23-06-2010, 03:28 PM
It's really good iMartyn, congratulations.

I noticed however that on the emulated version you cannot make a vote for both music & for a topic. Is only one vote allowed for either or is it a bug?

Frodo13.
23-06-2010, 03:42 PM
I'm a Trent student (but my course is run off campus, it's administrated by Trent)

All the votes collected through this site will affect what's played in my booth/stall :)

:o

I'm a Trent student too :)

Jonster
23-06-2010, 04:22 PM
It's really good iMartyn, congratulations.

I noticed however that on the emulated version you cannot make a vote for both music & for a topic. Is only one vote allowed for either or is it a bug?

Worked fine for me?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!