PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't this a FIFA rule?

Adamm
28-06-2010, 12:57 PM
I have never understood why this isn't a rule.

Each participating association shall have coaching staff from that country.

Why is this the case with players but not coaching staff? Never understood it.

CHA!NGANG
28-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Is that actually a new FIFA rule? Or as you asking why it isn't?

Adamm
28-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Maybe I should make myself clearer.

CHA!NGANG
28-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Ohright lol. Ermm.. No idea really. It should be though.

Geraint
28-06-2010, 03:30 PM
Adebayor, I think, was saying about why the African countries don't have managers from their own country. I can't remember his reasons though. I think it's better for teams when they do have managers from their country though.

Trigs
28-06-2010, 04:02 PM
I believe Algeria is the only African country in the world cup with a coach from their own nation.

alexxxxx
28-06-2010, 04:28 PM
because the competition is about the players not the coaches.

Adamm
28-06-2010, 05:39 PM
because the competition is about the players not the coaches.
you're kidding, right?

alexxxxx
28-06-2010, 08:30 PM
you're kidding, right?

nope. not at all.

Adamm
28-06-2010, 08:36 PM
nope. not at all.
So why do teams have managers? Managers that get the sack if the team aren't playing well? The team don't get sacked.

Basic fundamentals of football here.

Lost_Addict
28-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Also surley it means that they can full heartedly root for their country. For all we know Capello could of been secretly routing for switzeland (or wherever he is from) and sabotaging England XD lol

Adamm
28-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Also surley it means that they can full heartedly root for their country. For all we know Capello could of been secretly routing for switzeland (or wherever he is from) and sabotaging England XD lol
Italy.

Exactly this. Why would an Italian want England to win?

MrPinkPanther
28-06-2010, 09:07 PM

£12 Million contract and a name in history.

crazed
28-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Italy.

Likes the challenge of making a ****e team pro? I dunno?

CHA!NGANG
28-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Money isn't a big factor. He gets his money no matter what really.

Meh, there's a reason no foreign manager has ever won the WC. We just need to get the right English manager for England. I think that's Hodgson for the next 4 years with Pearce assistant. Then Peace for the 4 years after that.

JackBuddy
28-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Money isn't a big factor. He gets his money no matter what really.

Meh, there's a reason no foreign manager has ever won the WC. We just need to get the right English manager for England. I think that's Hodgson for the next 4 years with Pearce assistant. Then Peace for the 4 years after that.
To be fair foreign management is still fairly recent and apart from England I can't think of any other half decent team (that has a shot of winning the WC) that has a foreign manager.

Geraint
28-06-2010, 11:21 PM
The best one I can think of is Hiddink with a few teams.

Soy
29-06-2010, 10:13 AM
agreed,

redknapp for england manager

Swastika
29-06-2010, 10:41 AM
I think it really matters, you can clearly see half of our England team can't understand Capello - i mean, do you fully understand him when he's talking after matches etc?
Fair enough they could get a translator or something, but surely that takes away the heat of the moment when your getting revved up before a big world cup game?

In four years time, if we had the right English manager, Pearce as assistant and Beckham there again as maybe a number three, then maybe, just maybe we could win the world cup, obviously with the right players too.
I'm sick of England doing piss poor in world cups, its defiantly time we won one - otherwise im moving to Argentina.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!