PDA

View Full Version : Murray in the semi final - Wimbledon, Friday

dbgtz
30-06-2010, 08:33 PM
And guess who against? Nadal. Basically if Murray wins this he'll probs win the final which will be the first for britain in a long time.

Also if you havn't heard, federer is out.

CHA!NGANG
30-06-2010, 08:35 PM
If Federer didn't lose, it would have been the top 4 in the Semis. Would have been great to watch. Now I think Nadal will win.

Arron
01-07-2010, 12:09 AM
come on Nadal

Adamm
01-07-2010, 09:41 AM
Come on Nadal, beat the arrogrant Scottish ****.

W00TZEH
01-07-2010, 09:57 AM
I'm eith these guys, come on Nadal!

And why would he probably beat the other two in the final? one of them is obviously good enough if he beat federer

luce
01-07-2010, 10:02 AM
No i will back the british and I do actually like him. However i think it will be a really tight match and if he can beat Nadal i think he will take the title which will be fantastic. :-)

kk.
01-07-2010, 10:55 AM
I'm surprised they only get 1 days rest lol. They do more work and for longer than footballers, and footballers in the world cup get like 4 days rest minimum.

Anyway, he may not be English but he's still British so I'll be rooting for murray

W00TZEH
01-07-2010, 01:54 PM
They do more work and for longer than footballers
Footballers run twice as much as tennis players during a match.

kk.
01-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Footballers run twice as much as tennis players during a match.

I'm sorry but running doesn't necessarily mean anything. Footballers regularly don't run for periods of time, and have a break 45 minutes in, and play for 90 minutes. Tennis players have to constantly batter the balls, run, jump, dive etc for quite a while.. Much longer than football, considering each set can be an hour long, and some play to five sets. Without many breaks.

You can tell just by looking at the face anyway..

LoveToStack
01-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Laughing at all the disheartened English fans against Murray. By reaching the semis he's already done miles better than England did in the world cup... although you would argue that he has the advantage of Hawk Eye on his side haha. Unlucky England x
Hope he wins, it'll be a good match at least. Both seem to be on good form.

Adamm
01-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Laughing at all the disheartened English fans against Murray. By reaching the semis he's already done miles better than England did in the world cup... although you would argue that he has the advantage of Eagle Eye on his side haha. Unlucky England x
You don't even know what it's called so it's obvious you're just posting to have a dig. IT'S HAWK EYE

LoveToStack
01-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Obvious blunder aside, the point remains valid. Why be bitter towards him anyway? I wouldn't say he was arrogant.

W00TZEH
01-07-2010, 03:12 PM
I'm sorry but running doesn't necessarily mean anything. Footballers regularly don't run for periods of time, and have a break 45 minutes in, and play for 90 minutes. Tennis players have to constantly batter the balls, run, jump, dive etc for quite a while.. Much longer than football, considering each set can be an hour long, and some play to five sets. Without many breaks.

You can tell just by looking at the face anyway..
Running doesn't necessarily mean anything? You go run for 90+ minutes then and we'll see shall we? Footballers are constantly moving around the pitch, they never stop moving.
Yes they get a break for 15minutes at half time but Tennis get a break every few matches right?

Among the stats is how far tennis players run. During the five set match where Novak Djokovich beat Radek Stepanek at the U.S. Open in 2007, Stepanek ran approximately 5 miles while Djokovich put in a less strenuous 3.5 miles.
You say each set can last up to an hour, yet above mentioned, that would be 5hours. yet they only run 3.5 - 5miles. Footballers run on average say.. 9-10km in a match which is 6miles, they do this in 90minutes. Whereas Tennis players run less in 3-5hours?

And because The Scottish people weren't supporting England I won't be supporting Andy Murray.

kk.
01-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Running doesn't necessarily mean anything? You go run for 90+ minutes then and we'll see shall we? Footballers are constantly moving around the pitch, they never stop moving.
Yes they get a break for 15minutes at half time but Tennis get a break every few matches right?

You say each set can last up to an hour, yet above mentioned, that would be 5hours. yet they only run 3.5 - 5miles. Footballers run on average say.. 9-10km in a match which is 6miles, they do this in 90minutes. Whereas Tennis players run less in 3-5hours?

Footballers, depending on position, do not always rub. Walking you can't count as straining exercise. For that I'm on about defenders and strikers. Midfielders do run more yes, but, then you have the fouls, the corners, the throw ins.

5 miles is about 8km, so not that much difference. And where did you get these figures from anyway? And as I said, there's a difference in play. Tennis you are constantly swinging your arm, forcing your body weight behind you.

They get a toilet break, thats it. They have like a 30 second sit down when they change ends to get a drink and ave a bite of food, normally bananas.

---------- Post added 01-07-2010 at 04:27 PM ----------

Oh I didn't see the quote you posted lol. Ignore that part

Favourtism
01-07-2010, 03:30 PM
Laughing at all the disheartened English fans against Murray. By reaching the semis he's already done miles better than England did in the world cup... although you would argue that he has the advantage of Hawk Eye on his side haha. Unlucky England x

At least we qualified for the world cup, you scummy bell-end. How can you say how **** we are when we did miles better than you :S go back to eating your deep-fried-******** you sad ********

kk.
01-07-2010, 03:32 PM
Obvious blunder aside, the point remains valid. Why be bitter towards him anyway? I wouldn't say he was arrogant.

Tbh, he is. I thought he said he was refusing to bow to the queen lol.

W00TZEH
01-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Footballers, depending on position, do not always rub. Walking you can't count as straining exercise. For that I'm on about defenders and strikers. Midfielders do run more yes, but, then you have the fouls, the corners, the throw ins.

5 miles is about 8km, so not that much difference. And where did you get these figures from anyway? And as I said, there's a difference in play. Tennis you are constantly swinging your arm, forcing your body weight behind you.

They get a toilet break, thats it. They have like a 30 second sit down when they change ends to get a drink and ave a bite of food, normally bananas.

---------- Post added 01-07-2010 at 04:27 PM ----------

Oh I didn't see the quote you posted lol. Ignore that part
Still, footballers run 8-10km in 90minutes. http://www.fifa.com/live/competitions/worldcup/matchday=18/day=1/match=300061500/index.html Go on that for examples of how far players run in 90miunutes :P even the goal keepers run 4km. Because they run so far in so little time would mean more stress on the body = more tiring?

kk.
01-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Still, footballers run 8-10km in 90minutes. http://www.fifa.com/live/competitions/worldcup/matchday=18/day=1/match=300061500/index.html Go on that for examples of how far players run in 90miunutes :P even the goal keepers run 4km. Because they run so far in so little time would mean more stress on the body = more tiring?

I dunno. I think it's probably one of those things to agree to disagree. It is like comparing two completely different things i guess

Geraint
01-07-2010, 03:48 PM
It's just great that lots of people who think all Britain should support England won't support Murray. Even the Mirror's claiming he's English. lol

Adamm
01-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Murray said it himself, he's Scottish not British so why should we carry on this farce?

Come on Bogdanovic.

Geraint
01-07-2010, 03:57 PM
I hardly blame him for saying he's Scottish. Rightly so. If he wins he'll probably be portrayed as English everywhere and when he loses, it'll be Scotland, scotland, scotland.

kk.
01-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Murray said it himself, he's Scottish not British so why should we carry on this farce?

Come on Bogdanovic.

Why would he say that. He is British. He's part of great britain. Therefor British lol

Adamm
01-07-2010, 04:05 PM
I hardly blame him for saying he's Scottish. Rightly so. If he wins he'll probably be portrayed as English everywhere and when he loses, it'll be Scotland, scotland, scotland.
I'm all for independance. Scotland brings nothing but haggis to this country and I can do without that, thank you.

He's an miserable arrogant Scottish ****.

CHA!NGANG
01-07-2010, 05:12 PM
I hate Murrays personality. I want him to win out of the 4 left, and I'd always want him to win, but I much prefer Nadal to both watch, and as a person. Murray is extreamly anti-english.

And Footballers run more during a game than Tennis players do I think, although Tennis requires more concentration for a longer period so I think it's hard to compare to two.

Geraint
01-07-2010, 05:22 PM
He's Scottish. Hardly going to be seen singing GSTQ at Wembley, is he?

cocaine
01-07-2010, 05:41 PM
i want him to win the semis then get harshly beaten in the finals.

CHA!NGANG
01-07-2010, 06:33 PM
He's Scottish. Hardly going to be seen singing GSTQ at Wembley, is he?

No nothing like that. But he makes a point of making sure people know he doesn't like England which I disagree with. He represents GB so he should respect all of the countries in GB imo.

StefanWolves
01-07-2010, 07:04 PM
May I remind you guys he was supporting England in the WC and shown his support by wearing England coloured wristbands.

Adamm
01-07-2010, 07:52 PM
May I remind you guys he was supporting England in the WC and shown his support by wearing England coloured wristbands.
what, white? aren't all sweatbands white?

StefanWolves
01-07-2010, 11:29 PM
what, white? aren't all sweatbands white?

*REMOVED*

Edited by Cosmic (Forum Moderator) Please do not be rude to other forum members.

Adamm
02-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Red and white sweatbands div.
show us a pic babe

Sameer!
02-07-2010, 10:33 AM
LOL, who watched GMTV this morning? An engliush guy painted on his house a scottish flag just for murray, I'll laugh if he looses LOL. but best of luck to him.

StefanWolves
02-07-2010, 11:18 AM
show us a pic babe
if you watched the tennis you'd have seen, i don't have to prove anything to you.

Adamm
02-07-2010, 11:19 AM
tough balls then.

hope he crashes and burns.

StefanWolves
02-07-2010, 11:20 AM
tough balls then.

hope he crashes and burns.
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01663/murray_1663964c.jpg
mentioned on his twitter that he was supporting england to, whether he means it or not is another debate, but at least he shown his 'support'.

Adamm
02-07-2010, 11:23 AM
that's just a red and white sweatband, i thought meant like something with a george cross on it or something.

VIVA NADAL

StefanWolves
02-07-2010, 11:26 AM
that's just a red and white sweatband, i thought meant like something with a george cross on it or something.

VIVA NADAL

well would you wear tartan wristbands? no. by wearing one red and one white he's still showing his support which i think is a very respectful thing to do.

at the end of the day he's scottish, and the welsh are welsh, theirs nothing wrong with that, but at the end of the day we are all british and their is no need to hate upon someone who comes from the same nation as you.

Adamm
02-07-2010, 11:29 AM
may i remind you that murray once said he wanted "anyone but england" to win the world cup.

that's a direct quote btw.

viva nadal.

StefanWolves
02-07-2010, 11:34 AM
may i remind you that murray once said he wanted "anyone but england" to win the world cup.

that's a direct quote btw.

viva nadal.
may i remind you people say stupid things and that was 4 years ago.

would you want scotland to win the world cup? eh? do you expect him to ass lick the english when he's scottish? would you want scotland to win the world cup? no.

friendly rivalry is healthy, but people like you turn it into hatred which is not good.

Adamm
02-07-2010, 11:39 AM
if scotland, ireland, northern ireland or wales were in the world cup (which they're not, cos let's face it they're ****) i would support them but i wouldn't support individual players who have a hatred towards our country, low and behold it won't be our country for much longer it'll just be west-nepal or w.e.

i'm sorry but if he didn't mean it then he wouldn't of said it. until he comes out and apologises himself (not his bloody agent) then nothing is forgiven and i hope he collapses into a 3-0 whitewash 6-0 6-0 6-0.

here's hoping. the arrogant, egotistical *****.

StefanWolves
02-07-2010, 11:51 AM
if scotland, ireland, northern ireland or wales were in the world cup (which they're not, cos let's face it they're ****) i would support them but i wouldn't support individual players who have a hatred towards our country, low and behold it won't be our country for much longer it'll just be west-nepal or w.e.

i'm sorry but if he didn't mean it then he wouldn't of said it. until he comes out and apologises himself (not his bloody agent) then nothing is forgiven and i hope he collapses into a 3-0 whitewash 6-0 6-0 6-0.

here's hoping. the arrogant, egotistical *****.

i laugh at your hatred, it's only a ******* game.

Adamm
02-07-2010, 12:20 PM
i laugh at your hatred, it's only a ******* game.
"anyone but england"

Frodo13.
02-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Go Rafa Go! I actually hate Murray.

W00TZEH
02-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Please relocate to http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=652817 as tennis is boring and football is much more important

Geraint
02-07-2010, 02:27 PM
well would you wear tartan wristbands? no. by wearing one red and one white he's still showing his support which i think is a very respectful thing to do.

at the end of the day he's scottish, and the welsh are welsh, theirs nothing wrong with that, but at the end of the day we are all british and their is no need to hate upon someone who comes from the same nation as you.

top post.

**** me, we've got stefan here supporting a scottish person and even sticking up for the welsh. think i need my eyes tested.

CHA!NGANG
02-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Like I said before, I'll support Murray and I always will as he's British. I still don't like the guy though.

And you have to think, how much of this wristband stuff is just for the press to get off his back for not liking the English? Obviously he could be doing it because he means but, but the only person that knows that is Murray himself.

StefanWolves
02-07-2010, 02:43 PM
He's doing it for publicity obviously, but at least he's showing that he's not as anti English as people make out. And also can you believe I got infracted for calling someone a 'div'? What the hell, Adam, did you take offense to me calling you a 'div'?

W00TZEH
02-07-2010, 02:44 PM
I class myself as English, not British.

StefanWolves
02-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Yeh and Scotland would call themselves Scottish, the welsh would say they're welsh. Where's the harm in that?

W00TZEH
02-07-2010, 03:17 PM
So why are you expecting me to support Andy murray?

StefanWolves
02-07-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm not saying you should? I'm merely stating that hatred towards Murray from the English is farcical because yes were all English, Scottish, etc, but were also British, there is no two ways about it.

Adamm
02-07-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm only British in geography, nothing more.

Sameer!
02-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Looool he lost

JackBuddy
02-07-2010, 06:11 PM
we could always do what the scots did to us in the England related world cup threads...

kk.
02-07-2010, 09:22 PM
I'm only British in geography, nothing more.

You're only English by geography too tho..

---------- Post added 02-07-2010 at 10:23 PM ----------

we could always do what the scots did to us in the England related world cup threads...

ABS doesn't sound quite as good as ABS tho. Hmm, maybe it does actually lol

StefanWolves
02-07-2010, 09:39 PM

Haha true, rivalry is a good thing. :)

Adamm
03-07-2010, 10:02 AM
You're only English by geography too tho..

no mate i'm english by blood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uB4lT5CblA

StefanWolves
04-07-2010, 03:14 PM
such a troll

Adamm
04-07-2010, 05:59 PM
i'm sorry but the scottish did nothing but laugh at us in the world cup and wish loss upon us. for no reason. probably jealously.

that said, i do secretly wish andy murray well in his career as he is maturing, growing up et al. he will never be #1 though.

Geraint
04-07-2010, 10:08 PM
he's not playing for scotland though. it's britain. if it said SCO next to his them then I'd say fair enough.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!