PDA

View Full Version : History/Politics

Shar
30-06-2010, 09:50 PM
So I was thinking about doing history or politics or joint honors degree in university, what kind of work experience/shadowing do you think is suitable?

Frodo13.
30-06-2010, 10:53 PM
I do full honours history at university, but also do a module in politics. Only bit of work experiance I did was in a history classroom, but pretty sure my friends on my course didn't do any work experiance.

luce
01-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Yeah i shouldn't think much was needed as it's not a vocational course? So maybe a bit of secondary history teaching and maybe going into a state Law office (if you can) or shadowing a local MP or politician. It's hard though with subjects like that.

Shar
01-07-2010, 04:26 PM
I do full honours history at university, but also do a module in politics. Only bit of work experiance I did was in a history classroom, but pretty sure my friends on my course didn't do any work experiance.
What Uni?

Yeah i shouldn't think much was needed as it's not a vocational course? So maybe a bit of secondary history teaching and maybe going into a state Law office (if you can) or shadowing a local MP or politician. It's hard though with subjects like that.
I'm going to shadow an MP, just waiting for details on that :)

luce
01-07-2010, 05:12 PM
That would be so cool which one for which party in which constituency? (Law and politics is what i want to do)

Shar
01-07-2010, 05:17 PM
That would be so cool which one for which party in which constituency? (Law and politics is what i want to do)
I'm not sure.
basically I went on the youth parliament website and browsed around and then I found info on shadowing a government minister so I applied for it ;D
I'm waiting for the details atm.

I wanted to do law but I think I'm not going to get the grades to get into the course. :(

Frodo13.
01-07-2010, 06:11 PM
What Uni?

Nottingham Trent.

luce
02-07-2010, 10:48 AM
I'm not sure.
basically I went on the youth parliament website and browsed around and then I found info on shadowing a government minister so I applied for it ;D
I'm waiting for the details atm.

I wanted to do law but I think I'm not going to get the grades to get into the course. :(

That sucks what are you predicted in what A levels? also you could do what you're doing and then convert because 70% history students convert to law or you could become a paralegal? Or alternatively just do politics and human rights which is what i want to get into with my law degree. There is actually so much you can do in the area of law without actually having a law degree!

Shar
02-07-2010, 02:49 PM
That sucks what are you predicted in what A levels? also you could do what you're doing and then convert because 70% history students convert to law or you could become a paralegal? Or alternatively just do politics and human rights which is what i want to get into with my law degree. There is actually so much you can do in the area of law without actually having a law degree!
I know, that's exactly what I'm doing! ;D
I'm predicted AABC for the end of this year
And AAB for the end of next year (A2)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!