PDA

View Full Version : Lucky with pens

-paul.
02-07-2010, 09:17 PM
I dont know what it is but i have a talent with pens - just watched the Ghana vs Uruguay game, i guessed every pen the right way and knew the pen that was skyed would be. When im in goal i have only had 1 scored against me in 2 years as me and my mates play pens alot.

Is it just a talent? Or just luck

JackBuddy
02-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Sunday league football is different to international football lol.

-paul.
02-07-2010, 09:20 PM
not sunday league - 11 a side games

Adamm
02-07-2010, 09:22 PM
I don't play 11-a-side football, only 6-a-side but I went on a full sized pitch and had a penalty shootout vs a mate and it was piss easy to fire it in the top corner. Admitedly, some went wayward but on the whole I scored a lot more than I missed.

In my eyes, it comes down to pressure and situation. I.E - against friends there's no pressure, just for fun etc whilst in a World Cup, you could be earning yourself a bumper pay day and a dream transfer and the weight of a whole country on your shoulders. It's nerves.

Et voila.

dogboy123
02-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Its 50/50 to wheather or not they're gonna score so thats not exactly hard especially when you look at how each team has been playing and the emotions of the team. Then theres limited ways that the pen is gonna go if its not right, like skying it hitting the crossbar etc.

StefanWolves
02-07-2010, 10:53 PM
Its 50/50 to wheather or not they're gonna score so thats not exactly hard especially when you look at how each team has been playing and the emotions of the team. Then theres limited ways that the pen is gonna go if its not right, like skying it hitting the crossbar etc.

it's not 50/50 at all. more like 90/10..

Arron
02-07-2010, 11:14 PM
keeper has less chance of saving it, theres both bottom corners, top corners and along the middle. professional keepers dive before the ball is kicked, but things like sunday league football, you know the players aren't professional and you can wait till the ball has been kicked until you react and thats why i have a good record on penalties, but i'd be screwed in a much higher level. pressure gets the best of almost every player when taking penalties and people fumble under pressure and hit it over/wide or tap it to the keeper when theres millions or even 10 people watching.

i find that most of the right footers aim for the keepers left side and left footers go to the keepers right side. it's just natural studying of a player in a game.

Browney
03-07-2010, 08:59 AM
Guys, you're all talking ****. This guy clearly has god-given psychic abilities to save penalties.

cocaine
03-07-2010, 09:02 AM
Guys, you're all talking ****. This guy clearly has god-given psychic abilities to save penalties.

+1

its crystal clear that he has powers beyond our natural realm and you're all attempting to justify it via mortal explanations. this man is possessed with divine powers and its almost a false statement to say that he may not predict a penaltys outcome correctly.

Arron
03-07-2010, 11:18 AM
i stand defeated.

Swastika
05-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Like somebody else said international football is a tad different to sunday league or playing with your mates.
You'd crumble like a little wet cookie whilst crying for your mother.
End of story.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!