PDA

View Full Version : Taking an A Level alongside a BTEC?

Alexx..
04-07-2010, 06:30 PM
I'm taking a BTEC in september but I was looking at university websites and it said that I needed an A level alongside it to get on the specific course that I want.

Is this possible to do? I already got accepted onto my BTEC course so at enrolment do I just ask if I can do an A level alongside it?

The Don
04-07-2010, 11:40 PM
Yeh it is, Im going to take in september btech business and three A levels, so you should be able to unless its a really hard Btech :S

Special
04-07-2010, 11:41 PM
depends if they clash, if not you should be fine but it will be really tight i'm guessing 5 days a week

clueless
05-07-2010, 06:20 PM
i was able to, i did AS maths however i didnt officially as i dropped it after 7 months as it was too much work along with the btec

Madox
12-07-2010, 02:08 PM
Yeh it is, Im going to take in september btech business and three A levels, so you should be able to unless its a really hard Btech :S

can you even do that? 3 a levels and a btec, someone said you cant :/ beacuse i swear a btec is equvialient to two A levels which means that its double the time, and there aint enough school hours in a week to do that?

crazed
12-07-2010, 02:17 PM
can you even do that? 3 a levels and a btec, someone said you cant :/ beacuse i swear a btec is equvialient to two A levels which means that its double the time, and there aint enough school hours in a week to do that?
Yeah, I was doing, Physics, Maths and Bio A level and BTEC ICT. But I dropepd ICT as it sucked.

Mr-Trainor
13-07-2010, 05:12 PM
I think it's ok. I'm planning to take a BTEC National alongside 2 A Levels.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!