View Full Version : Spain win the world cup

CJSS
11-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Spain win the world cup
1 - 0
The first European team to win the world cup in a non-European country

Whats your views?

Fact:
14 yellows (1 red consisting of 2 yellows)

Geraint
11-07-2010, 08:58 PM
what score you gone for?

CJSS
11-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Iniesta scored the winning goal at 116 mins.

---------- Post added 11-07-2010 at 09:59 PM ----------

what score you gone for?

1- 0 you?

Geraint
11-07-2010, 09:00 PM
2-1, so me and you are tied. not sure about cha!ngang. hope he's done the same as me.

CJSS
11-07-2010, 09:00 PM
lol more yellow cards :)

---------- Post added 11-07-2010 at 10:00 PM ----------

2-1, so me and you are tied. not sure about cha!ngang. hope he's done the same as me.

lol - then we would be all tied then at top :)

---------- Post added 11-07-2010 at 10:02 PM ----------

They think it's all over ... it is now!

CHA!NGANG
11-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Na, you two beat me ;)

CJSS
11-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Never mind, what you put?

Geraint
11-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Na, you two beat me ;)

you went for holland? fair play, bold move.

CJSS
11-07-2010, 09:06 PM
you went for holland? fair play, bold move.
I wanted Holland to win, they played well in the world cup, it would have been nice.
A good finish it would have been, first time they win the world cup and the first european team to win the world cup outside of europe.

Mathew
11-07-2010, 09:07 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=644124&page=7

..:rolleyes:!! :P

They were the main favourites from the start. Brilliant goal there. Oh and yet again.. Paul the Ocotpus was correct! :P

CJSS
11-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Lol i predicted one less game then you two - missed the first game.

Geraint
11-07-2010, 09:10 PM
i was going to go for 1-0 tonight. i put 2-1 yesterday but today i just kept thinking 1-0. stuck with my original choice though. i think me and chaingang have both found out that you have to do that :P

Mathew
11-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Ended up coming 9th in the prediction chart.. not too bad to say I don't really follow football :P

+ aww, look at them all lining up for the trophy.

CHA!NGANG
11-07-2010, 09:14 PM
I'm so gutted for Van Persie in a way. Sneijder and Robben were so greedy it was a joke. Van Persie was the one who had to help them, when he's the one with the best finishing. Was a joke.

crazed
11-07-2010, 09:18 PM

They were the main favourites from the start. Brilliant goal there. Oh and yet again.. Paul the Ocotpus was correct! :P

Gonna stab that octopus. Shame Holland lost. Spain didn't deserve to win in my eyes.

Geraint
11-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Gonna stab that octopus. Shame Holland lost. Spain didn't deserve to win in my eyes.

what!?

Jam
11-07-2010, 09:31 PM
I'd have rather seen Holland win but Spain were superior for the majority of the time.

Tintinnabulate
11-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Na Holland didn't deserve to win considering they fouled so much. Played good though.

CHA!NGANG
11-07-2010, 09:52 PM
This forum is so dead. The final of the WC, and barely anyone posts....

Hopefully it picks up, although I guess people could be out.

Geraint
11-07-2010, 10:00 PM
no-one's been posting much throughout the world cup to be fair.

JackBuddy
11-07-2010, 10:04 PM
Spain deserved the win but I can't watch them without getting frustrated with how lightweight they are. Holland could have easily won if Robben was more decisive.

Seeing Busquets and Capdevila smugly kissing the world cup bothers me.

I was down Oxford Street earlier and even the Spanish tourists there seemed like cocky *****

ihatehash
11-07-2010, 10:06 PM
only one team didn't lose a game in the whole world cup :)

Molly.22
12-07-2010, 06:12 AM
I'm so glad Spain won, Holland had so many yellow cards I felt sorry for our ref.

Gibs960
12-07-2010, 07:23 AM
The goal was a cheat... There was a freekick on the other side of the pitch.... :| Thats why I hate the world cup... Too many mistakes made by the ref.

[Jay]
12-07-2010, 11:04 AM
I really cant see how people are saying spain played better, just because they passed the ball more does not mean they were better on the night. Holland had a lot more chances then spain did. I think that Holland did go a bit rough and if a red card should of been given it should of been given to the guy who kicked the other guy. Its a shame they lost the game in the last few minutes it would have been better if they lost on penalties.

I really wanted Holland to win, I think they played great this world cup and they deffinatly played better then spain. I mean come on spain lost to switzerland 1-0 and people are saying thier the best team. The best team has a consisten record like Holland who hadent lost 26 games in a row.

Yupt
12-07-2010, 11:34 AM
;6603403']I really cant see how people are saying spain played better, just because they passed the ball more does not mean they were better on the night. Holland had a lot more chances then spain did. I think that Holland did go a bit rough and if a red card should of been given it should of been given to the guy who kicked the other guy. Its a shame they lost the game in the last few minutes it would have been better if they lost on penalties.

I really wanted Holland to win, I think they played great this world cup and they deffinatly played better then spain. I mean come on spain lost to switzerland 1-0 and people are saying thier the best team. The best team has a consisten record like Holland who hadent lost 26 games in a row.

You say Holland had more chances, but think about Sergio Ramos' header which went over the bar, David Villa's shot deflected by the keeper right in the corner, Jesus Navas' shot which hit the side net. Spain had a lot of chances.

Pyroka
12-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Just my two cents, but Iniesta (or w.e) and that dutch fellow who stomped on his foot, where then iniesta went and pushed him over, well they both shouldve been sent off for both the revenge (a red) and the tackle (a yellow, which for him would be the second).

so in a way that goal shouldnt have even happened in the first place, both teams shouldve been down to 10 men but hell the dutch shouldve been down to 8 lol

Geraint
12-07-2010, 12:29 PM
The goal was a cheat... There was a freekick on the other side of the pitch.... :| Thats why I hate the world cup... Too many mistakes made by the ref.

LOL!

;6603403']I really cant see how people are saying spain played better, just because they passed the ball more does not mean they were better on the night. Holland had a lot more chances then spain did. I think that Holland did go a bit rough and if a red card should of been given it should of been given to the guy who kicked the other guy. Its a shame they lost the game in the last few minutes it would have been better if they lost on penalties.

Spain had alot more chances than Holland. Off the top of my head, Ramos' 2 headers, Villa, Fabregas, Pedro side-netting, someone else who should have passed when van Bronckhorst. When a team has to resort to kicking lumps out of the other team to win, it shows who's the better team.

Holland have been **** this tournament. Admittedly, Spain haven't been brilliant but Holland haven't performed anywhere near as good as they could have. They shouldn't have even beaten Brazil seeing as Brazil smashed them first half then just fell apart.

Just my two cents, but Iniesta (or w.e) and that dutch fellow who stomped on his foot, where then iniesta went and pushed him over, well they both shouldve been sent off for both the revenge (a red) and the tackle (a yellow, which for him would be the second).

so in a way that goal shouldnt have even happened in the first place, both teams shouldve been down to 10 men but hell the dutch shouldve been down to 8 lol

Iniesta got up gave him the slightest nudge with a shoulder and he fell over like he'd been shot.

CHA!NGANG
12-07-2010, 01:04 PM
As I said before, call me biased or w/e, but the huge mistake from the Dutch was to ignore Van Persie completely. They have 3 World Class players, Robben, Sneijder and Van Persie and for them to win the WC they needed to use them all. Before the WC started, he scored 6 goals in his last 5 games for Holland/Arsenal and was on hot form. Then he gets to the WC, and Sneijder and Robben decide not to pass and go and try and score themselves so Van Persie has to try and help them instead. He made countless runs that were ignored.

Oh well, at least Fabregas won :)!

Pyroka
12-07-2010, 01:07 PM
LOL!

Spain had alot more chances than Holland. Off the top of my head, Ramos' 2 headers, Villa, Fabregas, Pedro side-netting, someone else who should have passed when van Bronckhorst. When a team has to resort to kicking lumps out of the other team to win, it shows who's the better team.

Holland have been **** this tournament. Admittedly, Spain haven't been brilliant but Holland haven't performed anywhere near as good as they could have. They shouldn't have even beaten Brazil seeing as Brazil smashed them first half then just fell apart.

Iniesta got up gave him the slightest nudge with a shoulder and he fell over like he'd been shot.

it looked bad, but it looked like he did it on purpose ;/

WetFloor
12-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Good. I wanted them to win. I love Spain. :)

Browney
12-07-2010, 03:35 PM

A rugby league fan! <3

Spain shouldn't have beaten Portugal. Portugal owned Spain first half. Neither team deserves the cup. No team does. Worst World Cup ever. Besides, Spain are supposed to be the best side in the world. Of course they're supposed to beat every team. Holland were the team to excel. They beat many people's pre-tournament favourite and exceeded expectation. Spain disappointed.

Special
12-07-2010, 03:42 PM
i'd rather have them win than holland :)

[Jay]
12-07-2010, 03:59 PM
A rugby league fan! <3

Spain shouldn't have beaten Portugal. Portugal owned Spain first half. Neither team deserves the cup. No team does. Worst World Cup ever. Besides, Spain are supposed to be the best side in the world. Of course they're supposed to beat every team. Holland were the team to excel. They beat many people's pre-tournament favourite and exceeded expectation. Spain disappointed.

Agree with the bits in red :), Spain are ment to be great but thier perfomance was rubish and people still say they are the best team in the world, Urguay played better then spain. Just passing the ball around the middle of the field with not many attacking actions is not great football, its just passin the ball.

crazed
12-07-2010, 04:14 PM
what!?

They shouldn't have been in the final. They player poor the entire world cup, not as good as they could have played in my opinion

CHA!NGANG
12-07-2010, 04:23 PM
They shouldn't have been in the final. They player poor the entire world cup, not as good as they could have played in my opinion

If you're in the final you deserve to be there unless you cheated. Spain didn't cheat, so they deserved to be there.

Uruguay played well, but they draw with France, and lost to Germany and Holland throughout the World Cup so they didn't deserve to be there imo.

Germany lost to Serbia, and they lost to Spain, although they were very good in the other games, but they'll have there time.

Stryderman
12-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Dont rly bother me, not happy tht mexico was 1 game short of makin me some dollars but holland made me 200£ so all is well.

But idrc too much for football an whoever wins, congrats to them but personally i didnt think spain would win that one.

CHA!NGANG
12-07-2010, 04:34 PM
You might need to change your sig.

And I thought you had big money on it. If you won £200 then you must have only bet under £40. :eusa_thin

JackBuddy
12-07-2010, 05:39 PM
If you're in the final you deserve to be there unless you cheated. Spain didn't cheat, so they deserved to be there.

Uruguay played well, but they draw with France, and lost to Germany and Holland throughout the World Cup so they didn't deserve to be there imo.

Germany lost to Serbia, and they lost to Spain, although they were very good in the other games, but they'll have there time.
Both teams had huge amounts of luck with own goals and sendings off.

If Holland planned to play dirty they should have played like Chile / Italy did years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOtL1m1o_ok&feature=player_embedded#!

Pretty funny video though lol.

CJSS
12-07-2010, 05:52 PM
People who followed Paul (the octopus) would be £3000 better off - presuming you started with a £10 bet and placed the winnings on your next bet (or somet like that).

Lol http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2010/Jul/Week2/15664005.jpg

You might need to change your sig.

And I thought you had big money on it. If you won £200 then you must have only bet under £40. :eusa_thin

Oleh
12-07-2010, 06:01 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/10ylz86.jpg

All i can say is... Get some!

Geraint
12-07-2010, 06:08 PM

Portugal just defended for 90 mins. Spain are the best side in the world, as they proved.

;6603906']Agree with the bits in red :), Spain are ment to be great but thier perfomance was rubish and people still say they are the best team in the world, Urguay played better then spain. Just passing the ball around the middle of the field with not many attacking actions is not great football, its just passin the ball.

They play how they want to play and it works. They score goals and don't concede many thus winning games. Uruguay? Haha, how Forlan won that is beyond me. Easy group and an easy run-in. I know they have a population of 3m or whatever but they're still a good team.

The qualified then won every game so yes they should be.

CJSS
12-07-2010, 06:11 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/10ylz86.jpg

All i can say is... Get some!

Red card... need I say more?

To be honest great English ref :) I just really don't know how he missed it, or did he see it?

MrBlueSky
12-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Very pleased with the outcome! Im partly Spanish so I was rooting for them :)

Oleh
12-07-2010, 06:53 PM
he saw it and i think it was a yellow i cant remember

Gemma
12-07-2010, 07:40 PM
I'm really happy with the outcome, they deserved to win, amazing how they lost the first match but still managed to win it all.

JackBuddy
14-07-2010, 04:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii387pzvyD0
Classless.

CHA!NGANG
14-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Yeah i've seen that. They are so drunk it's a joke, but that's fair enough I guess. Arbeloa almost fell off the bus.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!