PDA

View Full Version : Got a new quad

Superior
19-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Hey I'm not sure if anyone remembers me, I use to be an active member on here with an account called "Mint". I just need some advice and this is like the only forum I know of, also a lot of good people on here.

Basically I have just got a new quad, not sure if any of you know much about quads but anyway it's a Yamaha Raptor 700R.

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/8489/img0066o.jpg (http://img693.imageshack.us/i/img0066o.jpg/)

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6694/img0069x.jpg (http://img84.imageshack.us/i/img0069x.jpg/)

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9643/img0068yt.jpg (http://img143.imageshack.us/i/img0068yt.jpg/)

So the reason I am posting is I just need some advice about riding on the road. The main problems with riding on the road is if I keep going round a specific area people complain and report it to the police for being illegal. That is why I might put some bike registration plates on it to make it look legit to the non-police eye as of course they will automatically scan the plate and bust me. I do have a moped so have a provisional which means I know how the road works and everything. What do you think then? It's just a matter of taking the chance to ride around my area which is really quiet and we never see the police around here. Thanks!

Hitman
19-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Looks good. Are you the "racist" guy? I remember there being somebody called Minty or something.

j0rd
19-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Thanks really nice, always wanted a quad but theres no land around us.
I have no idea about making it road legal tho

Mathew
19-07-2010, 04:39 PM
I remember you :P
Don't have a clue about roads or anything, but just wanted to say nice quad bike. My uncle used to have a couple (one here, one in Las Vegas) both orange and black.

How long have you been riding? :)

Sharon
19-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Oh wait my uncle has 3 quads. All about 15k each but yeah :P

He wasn't allowed to ride it so I do NOT recc riding it but he used to zoom down quiet roads.

Superior
19-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Looks good. Are you the "racist" guy? I remember there being somebody called Minty or something.
The racist guy lol, yeh I do believe I got into a little trouble on here for being supposedly "racist". :P

Thanks really nice, always wanted a quad but theres no land around us.
I have no idea about making it road legal tho
Well I do have some land to ride on but to really open it up I need the road which is why I'm wanting to take it on there.

I remember you :P
Don't have a clue about roads or anything, but just wanted to say nice quad bike. My uncle used to have a couple (one here, one in Las Vegas) both orange and black.

How long have you been riding? :)
Thanks! Orange and black is sweet, I just wanted something to rag around and not really spend much time maintaining so not much point getting a looker unless you are going to look after it and preferably use it on the road only. I've been riding for nearly 5 years now, this is by far the fastest quad I have ever owned. If you know how to ride it you can get from 0-60 in around 4.9 - 5.2 seconds but you have to do perfect shifts so you have to be good.

GoldenMerc
19-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Need a car licence to drive on the road

GommeInc
19-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Same as above really. It's illegal to drive a quad bike without a license, and people will no doubt report you anyway whether you have a license or not and have plates on, if they find it annoying.

Superior
19-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Yeh, I tried getting some quotes for it pretending I was 18 with 1 year NCB and a full UK car license and nobody would insure me (I used gocompare), highest they would insure me on is a Raptor 350. I am thinking about ragging it down the road now but idk I'd probably have to make a run for it if they saw me, would follow the lane down where it gets really muddy so I doubt they'd even attempt following me.

AgnesIO
21-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Nice quad there - how much?

I remember you - sold you two years of VIP+ ;) Were you the same guy that used to be a RVR?

Superior
21-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Nice quad there - how much?

I remember you - sold you two years of VIP+ ;) Were you the same guy that used to be a RVR?
Yeh I used to be a RVR, have you always used the account name intel? It's a sad sad story for my other account "Mint", got permed on it like a year ago and I bet the VIP still hasn't even run out yet lol. :/ The quad cost us 4k but I'll be able to get all of it back when I sell it so I like to think of it as being free. :)

Stihl
21-07-2010, 06:16 PM
thats the 700 raptor right? i rode the 660 raptor the other day, and it is amazing, i am looking at buying one. i know around here, if they have a lisence plate and registration, you can ride them on the road, but no one does. canada is a huge country, its well easy to find some open land to rip around on. usually alot of the farmers around here dont care if you ride their land, aslong as you dont destroy their crops.

Superior
21-07-2010, 06:49 PM
Yeh its a 700, you should definitely get one if you loved the 660. You can find some real bargains, if all you want it for is to rip around and your not that bothered about how nice it looks (the condition) then you can get them cheap. Did you feel confident with the 660? They are real handfuls, the 700 is much better built and is a lot less top heavy so it corners really well, I have never had it on 2 wheels by accident yet. With it being such a balanced quad though if you sit near the back of it and give it too much power no matter what gear it will just wheelie so easily. It wheelies anyway no matter where you are sat on it but when you are sat near the back it goes up much faster giving you less time to react so chances are it will flip. Surely if you got 1 you would also need a driving license as well as a registration plate?

Stihl
21-07-2010, 07:10 PM
i already have a drivers license and plates for my vehicle, but no, unless you are driving it on the road/on the county provided marked trails, you do not need a drivers license/plates/insurance. without insurance tho, if it gets stolen.. your SOL.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!