PDA

View Full Version : Making money..

Emotes
26-07-2010, 04:27 AM
Hi,

My name is Matthew and I'm 13 years old and will be turning 14 on December 6th.

I need to make money.. I'm not old enough to work yet due to the legal age being 14 years and 9 months.

Things I do:
I'm a break dancer, I've been doing it for a while. (Should I busk?)
I love skateboarding.
Web Designs (Habbo + non Habbo layout designs)

School Report Card:
Dance - A (I do dance due to the teacher allowing me and my mate to do break dancing.
Information Technology - A
German - B
English - B
Geography - B
RAVE - B
Maths - D

Thats the only subjects I can remember and I know that they will probably have nothing to do with helping me make money but I just thought I'd share them just in case.

So what do you suggest I do to make some money? I'm only asking this due to wanting to become a DJ and saving up for this. (http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR325194)

Thanks,
Emotes

Thread moved by Biohazard (Forum Moderator): Moved from 'Health, Life and Relationships'. :)

Moh
26-07-2010, 05:01 AM
Street corner?

I joke. There isn't many options really. Could get a paper round for about £15 p/w, maybe do some chores around the house for some spare cash?

You might be able to make some with your paypal, but being under 18 you won't be able to spend it irl :(

Edit: Just realised you're from Australia, dunno what paper rounds are like there?

Emotes
26-07-2010, 05:43 AM
Aha yeah not sure thanks for your reply. +rep

Sendura
26-07-2010, 06:40 AM
Edit: Just realised you're from Australia, dunno what paper rounds are like there?

Paper rounds can be quite good in Australia. I don't know how densely populated the are near you is. If it's possible, try and get a paper round where you deliver to a street with apartment buildings. It makes it very easy and much quicker.

What can be better than a paper round is a 'brochure round', where you drop pamphlets and advertisements in letterboxes. Just like a paper round but pay extremes are greater, depending on how many different magazines, etc, you deliver.

Hope this is helpful, good luck with making some money! :P

Swastika
26-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Buy things off the internet and sell them to your friends.
I sell pandora bracelets for an extra bit of cash.
Use your head it isn't hard to make money.

tm
26-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Paper rounds pay like £15-25 for a 5 week, pretty good for a couple of hours worth of work.

Some Saturday/Sunday rounds pay £10-15 / day depending how big they are.

dbgtz
26-07-2010, 08:34 PM
urrm are you doing your gcse studies (or what the equivalents are) atm? If not those grades are useless (no offense), by the looks of it I assume you are.

best bet will be to like set a temporary business up (dancing on a street corner is technically a business xD)
You could try for australias got talent (if they have it).
Depends on how good your layouts are you could sell them

but yeah think of something simple to do over the internet or something which you can sell then just try that.
or do as above and dance on the street corner haha :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!