PDA

View Full Version : Rugby - How much do you know?

Repair
26-07-2010, 08:36 AM
So, as you know, I'm new here (and a fan of Rugby). So I'm here, to find out what the community knows about it. Tell me if your a fan, if you play (and what position) and anything else you know about it. But be honest, don't just look at other peoples posts and add that!

I'm a huge fan of Rugby
I play Hooker
I know just about everything :rolleyes:

Your turn!

Italic
26-07-2010, 08:45 AM
I'm a fan of sorts. I don't play though, I'm too small, but I follow the domestic competitions and the All Blacks test matches. I'm looking forward to the Rugby World Cup here, in New Zealand next year :).

ihatehash
26-07-2010, 08:47 AM
I've been playing rugby for 6 years now, and I started as center but now I'm a flanker. I don't watch much of the Guinness premiership or the European championship (mainly because its on when I sleep), but I do support Bristol. Obviously I also support the All Blacks and the Auckland Blues in the super 14.

Repair
26-07-2010, 08:57 AM
I'm a fan of sorts. I don't play though, I'm too small, but I follow the domestic competitions and the All Blacks test matches. I'm looking forward to the Rugby World Cup here, in New Zealand next year :).
You should play, just at local club levels!

I've been playing rugby for 6 years now, and I started as center but now I'm a flanker. I don't watch much of the Guinness premiership or the European championship (mainly because its on when I sleep), but I do support Bristol. Obviously I also support the All Blacks and the Auckland Blues in the super 14.
Great to hear. I used to want to be a Flanker but I'm just not built for it.

Browney
26-07-2010, 09:17 AM
I was a late comer to rugby. My younger brother played League at U-13 levels but I was a geek back then. Then around 2 years ago when I was 15 I started going to a Rugby Union after school club. I was quite big for my age back then so I played prop and have done ever since. I wasn't a roaring success, but I was first-team material. Then, last August I started training with the local (very local, my village side), League team that my older brother had played for. Anyway, one day my brother had a big accident playing for the League team and my Mum banned me from playing Rugby again.

Then she went away on Holiday in February so I went and played for the school Union side. Ended up coming off, injured in the first 5 seconds (:P) having torn my anterior cruciate ligament, a cartillege ring and another ligament in my knee. I ended up having surgery to replace the anterior cruciate ligament and get it bolted in. So now my knee is weak and that's the end of my Rugby career. Gutted, to be honest.

Matthew
26-07-2010, 10:59 AM
i started playing rugby in year 6, i play as a center or fly half. (i played 2nd row for a few games too :P)
i know most things about rugby :P

j0rd
26-07-2010, 11:14 AM
I used to play rugby from very young to about year 9 as second row
Rugby is big where i live as its home town of Scarlets

CJW93
26-07-2010, 12:43 PM
I know the very basic rules, other than that nothing

The Don
26-07-2010, 12:47 PM
I know the rules, and I play. I'm a prop, atm I am playing under 16's. I don't really watch it that much though.

::Art::
26-07-2010, 12:52 PM
I know the rules, support Leinster and Iteland ofc. My friends play and they want me to come up because I'm a good kicker, but training is on the same day as soccer matchs so I don't :P

Repair
26-07-2010, 01:06 PM
I was a late comer to rugby. My younger brother played League at U-13 levels but I was a geek back then. Then around 2 years ago when I was 15 I started going to a Rugby Union after school club. I was quite big for my age back then so I played prop and have done ever since. I wasn't a roaring success, but I was first-team material. Then, last August I started training with the local (very local, my village side), League team that my older brother had played for. Anyway, one day my brother had a big accident playing for the League team and my Mum banned me from playing Rugby again.

Then she went away on Holiday in February so I went and played for the school Union side. Ended up coming off, injured in the first 5 seconds (:P) having torn my anterior cruciate ligament, a cartillege ring and another ligament in my knee. I ended up having surgery to replace the anterior cruciate ligament and get it bolted in. So now my knee is weak and that's the end of my Rugby career. Gutted, to be honest.

Thats not a nice way to go, but I've seen worst. Unlucky though!

i started playing rugby in year 6, i play as a center or fly half. (i played 2nd row for a few games too :P)
i know most things about rugby :P
I started playing Rugby when I was 9 :)

I used to play rugby from very young to about year 9 as second row
Rugby is big where i live as its home town of Scarlets
Year 9 isn't very young, as stated above, I started at the age of 9.

I know the very basic rules, other than that nothing
Haha :P

I know the rules, and I play. I'm a prop, atm I am playing under 16's. I don't really watch it that much though.
You should do, its great!

I know the rules, support Leinster and Iteland ofc. My friends play and they want me to come up because I'm a good kicker, but training is on the same day as soccer matchs so I don't :P
You should quit soccer and play Rugby, so much better imo.

j0rd
26-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Year 9 isn't very young, as stated above, I started at the age of 9.

I mean i started at a young age and finished in year 9

::Art::
26-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Nah I prefer soccer tbh. Much more fun to play :P

Repair
26-07-2010, 01:53 PM
I mean i started at a young age and finished in year 9
Oh right, cool!

Nah I prefer soccer tbh. Much more fun to play :P
Naaah!

Caution
26-07-2010, 02:12 PM
I know the basics, we used to have to play it all the time when I did P.E and I hated it. This part of Scotland is crazy about rugby and there's a pressure to play it.

Browney
26-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Thats not a nice way to go, but I've seen worst. Unlucky though!

Oh, what's your worst? I bet I know the worst story. ;)

Soy
26-07-2010, 05:39 PM
season ticket for blues

played county last year

position: diverse, college team i play blindside/ number 8/ emergancy prop and then for club i can go center because of my pace

but i preffer playing number 8 i play like xavier rush lol

Repair
26-07-2010, 05:46 PM
season ticket for blues

played county last year

position: diverse, college team i play blindside/ number 8/ emergancy prop and then for club i can go center because of my pace

but i preffer playing number 8 i play like xavier rush lol

Cool, you seem good at it :D

Mathew
26-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Oh, what's your worst? I bet I know the worst story. ;)

Spill the beans :P

I don't follow union or even league on a national level. I stick down with the Championship teams (below Superleague). I support Batley Bulldogs which is an arch-enemy of the town we live in, next to Batley (my Dad has followed them since he was a child so I was brought up with it). Batley won 25-24 against Widnes Vikings on the 18th July (we went over to Blackpool to watch it on Bloomfield Road), absolutely brilliant. We haven't won a cup in about 58 years so it was really nice to finally win something - the Northern Rail Cup :)

Repair
26-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Pretty neat story :)

brandon
26-07-2010, 06:33 PM
I barely know any of the rules apart from the obvious ones. I know a few of the team names but that's about it.

Browney
26-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Spill the beans :P

I don't follow union or even league on a national level. I stick down with the Championship teams (below Superleague). I support Batley Bulldogs which is an arch-enemy of the town we live in, next to Batley (my Dad has followed them since he was a child so I was brought up with it). Batley won 25-24 against Widnes Vikings on the 18th July (we went over to Blackpool to watch it on Bloomfield Road), absolutely brilliant. We haven't won a cup in about 58 years so it was really nice to finally win something - the Northern Rail Cup :)

My brother died playing it. BOOM.

And Batley? *spit* I'm a Cougars man myself. ;) Not that I should be proud to say it.

Arron
26-07-2010, 10:11 PM
I enjoy watching Super League and support my local team of St Helens :)
James Roby was in my work today too, he plays for Saints.

Repair
27-07-2010, 09:02 AM
Nice guys. There seems to be alot of Rugby fans here - GREAT!

Caterpillers
27-07-2010, 09:24 AM
Well, Im from Wales. So it's sort of a rule that you like rugby, I don't know to much though. I prefer football.

Repair
27-07-2010, 09:38 AM
How dare you :O Rugby is so better!

Jordy
27-07-2010, 10:21 AM
I played rugby union for a club from about age 7-11 as a winger or centre. I gave it up as I wasn't really built for it but it's great fun to watch and follow never the less. I follow Leicester Tigers in the Guinness Premiership and Heineken Cup and usually go to see 4 or 5 games a year. And at a more local level I support Nottingham in the league below the premiership and go see them occasionally too.

Geraint
27-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Not too fussed on it. Been to one game - Cardiff v Leicester in the Heineken Cup.

Mexel
27-07-2010, 11:41 PM
Enough to know i would rather watch paint dry, or even worse cricket or darts. Yeah it bores me lol.

Mark
28-07-2010, 03:25 AM
I'm a fan of excercise and sports in general. Something I really don't get enough of. As far as Rugby goes my school really does not promote it so Its not one of my main sports. I hve played it a few times in the past but nothing major. I do like the game but im more of a Tennis guy myself :)

ihatehash
28-07-2010, 05:14 AM
Enough to know i would rather watch paint dry, or even worse cricket or darts. Yeah it bores me lol.

I agree, it can be very boring to watch, but i like the international games.

Rock
28-07-2010, 07:25 AM
Used to play it like 3 years ago, before I stopped. I played centre.

Arron
28-07-2010, 08:19 AM
if you watch rugby league then you will see how exciting it is.
im going to the Halliwell Jones Stadium to watch Warrington vs. St Helens on Saturday, 6:45 k.o. It should be on Sky Sports.

ihatehash
28-07-2010, 08:33 AM
if you watch rugby league then you will see how exciting it is.
im going to the Halliwell Jones Stadium to watch Warrington vs. St Helens on Saturday, 6:45 k.o. It should be on Sky Sports.
I'm planning on watching that, I have a bet on St Helen's winning so hopefully, they will be victorious.

Arron
28-07-2010, 08:28 PM
well we're 3rd. i don't think theres a chance we can finish top this year unless wigan go on a losing streak. if we beat warrington then we can probably make 2nd. but tbh warrington will win on saturday.

Repair
28-07-2010, 08:48 PM
I played rugby union for a club from about age 7-11 as a winger or centre. I gave it up as I wasn't really built for it but it's great fun to watch and follow never the less. I follow Leicester Tigers in the Guinness Premiership and Heineken Cup and usually go to see 4 or 5 games a year. And at a more local level I support Nottingham in the league below the premiership and go see them occasionally too.

Thats alright then :D

Not too fussed on it. Been to one game - Cardiff v Leicester in the Heineken Cup.
Cool

Fail, end of!

I agree, it can be very boring to watch, but i like the international games.
Fail, all rugbys great!

Glen Coco
28-07-2010, 08:50 PM
I don't play rugby but I live in Rugby :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!