PDA

View Full Version : [Rugby] Tri-Nations

ihatehash
28-07-2010, 07:56 AM
Not sure if anyone is following the Southern Hemispheres Tri-Nations but it looks like its going to be battle between the Australians and the New Zealanders for the top spot with South Africa losing all 3 games so far.
This weekend Australia will be taking on New Zealanders in Melbourne. New Zealand has not won in melbourne for 90 years, but with New Zealand playing extremely well lately they will be hard to beat. It is looking like it will a good game.

Here is a Kiwi perspective of the coming up match.

Out of the ashes of 2009 has emerged a remarkably confident and upbeat All Black side that has played some smashing rugby this year.

Australia still has far too many weaknesses, particularly as prop Ben Alexander is injured and with a half-baked No 8 in Richard Brown in the pack.

The Bledisloe Cup needs to be more competitive. Australia have been flops since 2003, when the All Blacks ended a period of Aussie dominance.

Since then, the scoreline is an embarrassing - for Australia - 16 wins to three.

An Australian win on Saturday would do wonders for the lustre of the old trophy.

There will be

and an Australians perspective

Richie McCaw has wrestled, mauled and burrowed under some of Australia's most notable scavengers during his nine-year tussle with the Wallabies, during which he has enjoyed an extraordinary 84 per cent success rate.

The standout head-to-head opponent for McCaw has been the Wallabies' greatest openside breakaway, George Smith, and for the New Zealand skipper to still tally 16 Test wins from 19 encounters against Australia is testament to the power of the All Blacks and the broad abilities of their leader. However, yesterday McCaw revealed it was getting no easier keeping Australia's No.7s at bay, with Smith's successor, David Pocock, providing special problems.

That was shown in Pocock's effectiveness in stifling McCaw in Perth three months ago during the Super 14 when the Western Force upset the Crusaders, 24-16.

Pocock's efforts that night have the Wallabies convinced that McCaw won't have everything his way on Saturday night. ''David is no slouch and he has now played well against Richie McCaw a number of times. I'd back him all the way,'' said Richard Brown, a Force teammate and fellow Test back-rower.

It will definitely be a good game, anyone planning to watch? Saturday 11am BST, 8pm AEST, 10pm NZST.

Browney
28-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Aye, I'll get up. Much prefer League, however I want to get up, praise NZ to high heavens just to watch them fail again in the 2011 WC.

Soy
28-07-2010, 05:25 PM
south africa have been rumbled ever since they got beat by ireland last year

and Pocock is a beast

o yeah i fancy wallabies

ihatehash
28-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Aye, I'll get up. Much prefer League, however I want to get up, praise NZ to high heavens just to watch them fail again in the 2011 WC.

We won our only world cup at home so maybe it will happen again. Oh who am I kidding we will get knocked out by England or France.

Browney
29-07-2010, 09:21 AM
We won our only world cup at home so maybe it will happen again. Oh who am I kidding we will get knocked out by England or France.

And we look TERRIBLE but we'll stumble through the World Cup like we did in the last two. :P Just pulling your leg, mate, I hope you guys get the win you deserve. Because if you ask anybody who's the best team in the world, it's always one answer. It is bizarre though, your WC hoodoo.

ihatehash
29-07-2010, 09:27 AM
I know its horrid, its because every time we get too cocky, so we end up failing.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!