PDA

View Full Version : What's the key to a good insurance quote?

William93
15-08-2010, 05:14 AM
I understand that once I pass my driving test insurance will shoot up but the fact that Confused.com are quoting me £3k for EVERY single car I quote, I think I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what. What can I do?

jam666
15-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Try adding a parent onto your policy (if you already havn't) and also avoid comparison websites as its usually cheaper to get a quote direct from the insurance company.

Try direct with companys such as Directline, aviva, teso, co-op,admiral multicar etc.

Also if you want cheapish insurance but dont mind the terms try Ikube.

Swearwolf
16-08-2010, 03:03 PM
be female, married, 20 years NCB is the only way basically

danzooo
16-08-2010, 10:32 PM
DON'T go with Aviva, they favour older drivers with more experience, so quotes for young, inexperienced drivers are extortionate.

I'm on Admiral Multicar, add your parents' cars to that along with yours, make sure you mention that you keep it on a driveway etc.
Insurance also depends on your area, so if you live in a rough area with a high crime rate your insurance will be dearer.

spryo
17-08-2010, 08:46 PM
cheapest cars apparently to insurance are a micra and a yaris i believe, was what my insurance told me (directline).

:)

+ wrong thing to do is to look at confused.com first tbh, best to wait a good year or two when you have a couple of years no claims. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!