PDA

View Full Version : Who is to blame?

Apple
19-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Who is to blame for all these stupid security checks at airports now? Naked scanners, no bottled water/drinks on the plane, no liquids over 100ml and the liquids under 100ml have to be "tested" by someone... I remember my first holiday in turkey we brought back die-cast metal air guns in the suitcase but nowadays they would confiscate them even if they know they're harmless e.g a water pistol/replica model. Is it because of the crazy muslim bombers or over the top health and safety or what? It's getting worse every time I fly, you get to security and they tell you that they are confiscating any liquids over 100ml and that you have to BUY a clear bag (even if you have your own clear bag it has to be one of theres) for your liquids under 100ml which like I have mentioned sometimes get "tested".

GommeInc
19-08-2010, 08:57 PM
It has always been slowly introduced, but ever since terrorist attacks happened it's given airlines and passengers more reason to be more secure with what they bring into an airport. I don't particularly mind about the 100ml rule, you can get stuff out there like washing products. It's only annoying if you like a specific type of product :P Drinks and so forth can be bought inside an airport so it's no big deal really. At least you can enter an airport and no with great certainty that you won't be killed within the next few hours by a someone who isn't linked with the airliner :P

Dan2nd
19-08-2010, 09:08 PM
We live in a an unsafe world personally if I went to an airport and they didn't do these checks I'd be extreamly nervous flying..

I went to the US on holiday this year and have to admit I felt a hell of a lot more safe flying out of there than I do here in the UK. If you get beeped in the metal detector they lock you up in a small glass box and call over a big scary man to search you lol

You are also required to have your hand print scanned as well as a picture taken when you enter the country.

xxMATTGxx
19-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Who's to blame? Terrorists. If we did not have all of these systems, security and whatever else then a lot more innocent people would of been killed by the idiots who thinks it is ideal to shove bombs on planes or hijack aircraft and kill everyone on board.

We live in a an unsafe world personally if I went to an airport and they didn't do these checks I'd be extreamly nervous flying..

I went to the US on holiday this year and have to admit I felt a hell of a lot more safe flying out of there than I do here in the UK. If you get beeped in the metal detector they lock you up in a small glass box and call over a big scary man to search you lol

You are also required to have your hand print scanned as well as a picture taken when you enter the country.

If I remember correctly the USA has the following: Picture of you/eyescan and a fingerprint and I don't believe it is the whole hand. It might of changed since the last time I've been there but I'm sure it was like the index finger or something :S

kuzkasate
20-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Its really god damn annoying, I remember I bought some really nice, dear perfume and wanted to take it back with me, but the ******** confiscated it, I was so pissed off, I was arguing but didnt speak German so yano.

But then again, id rather this than have me blow up thanks.

Special
20-08-2010, 07:46 PM
terrorists obviously

cocaine
20-08-2010, 08:08 PM
:S who do you think?

Dan2nd
20-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Who's to blame? Terrorists. If we did not have all of these systems, security and whatever else then a lot more innocent people would of been killed by the idiots who thinks it is ideal to shove bombs on planes or hijack aircraft and kill everyone on board.

If I remember correctly the USA has the following: Picture of you/eyescan and a fingerprint and I don't believe it is the whole hand. It might of changed since the last time I've been there but I'm sure it was like the index finger or something :S

I have been to the US a few times a few years ago when I went it was just the index finger but when I went this year they wanted my whole hand :) (well four fingers)

Muct
20-08-2010, 10:08 PM
In our airport (Manchester airport) they've majorly upgraded in their security, instead of people actually searching you you go through this massive metal and glass door, which actually does detect the SMALLEST piece of metal or whatever, and they have them everywhere :L

Apple
20-08-2010, 10:14 PM
In our airport (Manchester airport) they've majorly upgraded in their security, instead of people actually searching you you go through this massive metal and glass door, which actually does detect the SMALLEST piece of metal or whatever, and they have them everywhere :L

Manchester Airport is also the one we use, and the scanners you are talking about are known as the "naked scanners". People are sitting in private rooms looking at you in the nude.

Camy
24-08-2010, 04:30 PM
I don't see the problem with the measures tbh, they keep airports and the planes safe. And to do with the scanners and metal detectors, if people have got nothing to hide, then there shouldn't be a problem.

Catzsy
24-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Well it is better than a plane being hijacked and crashed into a building or just blown up. It actually doesn't take that long and you can buy water in duty free to take on the plane.

KebabJuice
24-08-2010, 05:35 PM
I reckon its the goverment; and i don't blame them with all these bombers blowing up planes.

Jessicrawrr
24-08-2010, 09:45 PM
terrorists are to blame, but to be honest, i'd rather have the extreme safety measures then be blown up or killed ect.
it might be annoying, but there would be a lot more terrorist attacks if it wasnt for the security we have now.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!