PDA

View Full Version : Job Interview +reps

JACKTARD
22-08-2010, 11:07 PM
I've got a job interview this Saturday and I have no idea what to wear. Its at ryman which is very similar to whsmiths... anyone got any experience or ideas?

Kipp
22-08-2010, 11:10 PM
I suggest wearing something smart. Not a suit. When I had my job interview for waitrose, I wore black trousers, a smart looking black and white jumper and a pair of work shoes

Special
22-08-2010, 11:15 PM
trousers (grey/black), plain shirt (white/black grey) & a matching tie & black shoes

JACKTARD
22-08-2010, 11:15 PM
I was gonna wear smart shoes and trousers, shirt, tie and a grey zip hoody. Or a black cardigan instead of hoody

Apple
22-08-2010, 11:19 PM
Black pants, white shirt, a nice tie of your choice and black polished shoes. As already mentioned some kind of smart and trendy cardigan/jacket as opposed to a blazer. Good luck!

Shockwave.2CC
22-08-2010, 11:57 PM
Well when i had my interveiw at leicester City Football Club, I wore a shirt, trousers (black) (not trakkies or jeans) and shoes, because you want to make a good impresion on your interveiw, because it make the person who is interveiwing you think that your well prepared and that. You should also arrive at the interveiw early (not too early). Like say your interveiw was at 1.00pm, you should get there at like 12.45pm, because that makes you look like you won't be late for your job (if you get it :) ) so if you do all that, you mite get the job. Because thats what I did, and look at me now i'm working for Leicester City Football Club :D.

Good luck Jack!!

Casanova
23-08-2010, 12:01 AM
It depends on the job. Personally, for this one I'd wear a crisp white shirt, no tie, a plain cardigan and plain trousers (matching shoes).

I say this because, if you over dress you look silly. I assume they want to see how you'd fit in. Who wears a suit in a stationary/general store? Also, if you're underdressed it looks like you don't give a ****.

Might i add i've been to three job interviews wearing jeans, got all three.

JACKTARD
23-08-2010, 12:02 AM
@shockwave Lmao yeah I know, just dunno what to wear.. thinking trousers shirt tie and cardigan

@Casanova don't think Ill wear jeans. Probably will wear a tie but with top button undone. Don't plan on wearing a full suit because that's ridiculous like you said

immense
23-08-2010, 12:03 AM
only job i've ever had i think i wore jeans and a hoody lmao :l

Casanova
23-08-2010, 12:09 AM
Nah it always depends on the job. twice for a hair stylist, once for a sales job (and actually got it!?).
And wear a plain skinny tie. Not a giant grand-daddy one!!

JACKTARD
23-08-2010, 12:12 AM
LMAO. Yeah I was gonna wear a black skinny one, would be embarrassed leaving the house in one of the massive ones!

GoldenMerc
23-08-2010, 12:49 AM
Depending on the job its not all about what you wear its how you act just act confident but not too over the top

JACKTARD
23-08-2010, 12:57 AM
I know but its the whole impression and what you look like is a big deal. Shows how bothered you are

Samantha.
23-08-2010, 08:22 AM
only job i've ever had i think i wore jeans and a hoody lmao :l

LOL

You do want to give a good first impression and what you wear can play a big part, i'd wear a white shirt, black cardigan, black trousers and black shoes and maybe a tie! Looks a bit like school uniform LOL! Good luck with the job Jack :D

Arron
23-08-2010, 07:02 PM
i wore those Soul Cal 3 quarter pants along with my Soul Cal Grey Hoodie and trainers when I went for my interview at a Children's Soft Play Centre. And yes, I got the job.

Catzsy
23-08-2010, 07:06 PM
What's the dress code for the store? If you don't know then trousers, shirt and tie as you said. You can't go far wrong with that.

KebabJuice
23-08-2010, 08:06 PM
first of all Dress smart casual; Does it require any uniform? shirt tie etc?
always be assertive; answer direct and if you don't know about something honesty is the best policy so just say no, no i don't

You don't have to take this advice because i'm only 15 and havn't had a job yet aha ;)

Meanies
23-08-2010, 08:11 PM
last time i had an interview i went in jeans, a tshirt and a shirt over the top
the tshirt had prawn star written on it and you could see it, yet i still got the job and others were turned down that looked smarter, so doesnt actaully matter that much how you look imo

JACKTARD
25-08-2010, 03:55 PM
thanks guys. +reps to those I can.

Samantha.
25-08-2010, 04:27 PM
thanks guys. +reps to those I can.

How was the interview if you've had it?

JACKTARD
25-08-2010, 04:34 PM
How was the interview if you've had it?

it's this saturday for 2 hours... I've been told that because it's for that long they'll be showing me how to do stuff and just seeing how I get on. Probably because I was the only applicant because the job wasn't advertised... I just went around asking for jobs.

Fingers crossed that thats the case because that means that they "want it to be me" but it won't be if I mess something up lmao

Samantha.
25-08-2010, 04:40 PM
it's this saturday for 2 hours... I've been told that because it's for that long they'll be showing me how to do stuff and just seeing how I get on. Probably because I was the only applicant because the job wasn't advertised... I just went around asking for jobs.

Fingers crossed that thats the case because that means that they "want it to be me" but it won't be if I mess something up lmao

2 hours is long, good luck for it and I hope you get the job! :)

Callum.
25-08-2010, 04:47 PM
2 hours long means it'll probs be a group interview lol

JACKTARD
25-08-2010, 08:13 PM
2 hours is long, good luck for it and I hope you get the job! :)

thankss :)

2 hours long means it'll probs be a group interview lol

from experience or you just saying w/e?

Casanova
25-08-2010, 10:15 PM
normally is a group interview when it's that long. but if it's showing you what to do stuff it may only be a handful of you ;)?

Arron
26-08-2010, 12:44 AM
on my first day, i did a 9 hour shift from 10am to 7pm as a trial. thats a kick in the teeth. im glad i got the job like.

Samantha.
26-08-2010, 07:07 AM
Like other have said it'll be a group interview which I suppose isn't that bad just make sure you should yourself off and be a bit big headed and make yourself stand out from everybody else, ask questions as well to make yourself sound more interested in the job :)

Swearwolf
26-08-2010, 07:22 AM
i nailed my job interview the other week and got offered the job tuesday morning, i wore black school style trousers, shoes, casual shirt not tucked in.

JACKTARD
29-08-2010, 01:38 PM
had my interview and yeah it was a group interview. Wasn't nearly as bad as I thought and dare I say it, I enjoyed it. Really good job I wore what I wore. Trousers/shoes/shirt/tie/cardigan. Anything less and I would have been underdressed :). I find out if I got the job by Sunday.

Plean
29-08-2010, 01:39 PM
wear a tuxedo :P

Carlsta
29-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Well hope you got it :D

Darris
29-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Something formal with a casual twist.
you dont wanna go looking like your off the matrix and you dont wanna go looking like your off Napoleon dynamite.
nuff said.

JACKTARD
29-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Well hope you got it :D

So do I!! :)

Cixso
29-08-2010, 05:45 PM
I wore a full suit. You can get them for £99 at Burton, special offer still going from £180.

Worked like a charm, got the job and still at it 12 weeks later. =] I wear suits every day for work.

JACKTARD
31-08-2010, 07:54 PM
I wore a full suit. You can get them for £99 at Burton, special offer still going from £180.

Worked like a charm, got the job and still at it 12 weeks later. =] I wear suits every day for work.

what do you do?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!