PDA

View Full Version : Student finance = ******s

Hecktix
23-08-2010, 01:20 PM
So, after last year people said that student finance were really poor and to get your application in early.

Sent my application in February, got request for financial details in March, sent it off in April.

Got a letter start of August saying they don't have my mums financial details, ring them up they say they do and it'll be processed soon.

Today - no change, ring them up "oh, we have the details but they were never allocated to a member of staff for processing, ill have to add you to the processing queue which could take a while and I cant guaruntee you having the money for when you start uni, although you will have the basic loan stuff).

Result = me £400 short of what I need to start uni with and people who sent their student finance off in June/July are all sorted. ******s eh?

immense
23-08-2010, 01:23 PM
yeah they are **** lmao mine isnt even sorted yet :l cuz they kept doing it wrong and now im going to a diff uni god knows what will happen

Hecktix
23-08-2010, 01:24 PM
yeah they are **** lmao mine isnt even sorted yet :l cuz they kept doing it wrong and now im going to a diff uni god knows what will happen

might get your money for your second year jake :P

immense
23-08-2010, 01:24 PM
if im lucky ;l

Alkaz
23-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Yeh they ****** mine up too, just through clicking a single wrong link I've only just been able to get the stuff I need to send off to them. :/

Hecktix
23-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Yeh they ****** mine up too, just through clicking a single wrong link I've only just been able to get the stuff I need to send off to them. :/

it's crazy init, I'm £65 short for my tuition fees and £300 short for my accommodation atm but I should get full loan & full grants ;l

im gonna be in debt before I even get my loan properly, WOOOOOOO!

immense
23-08-2010, 01:28 PM
thing is though i've hardly spoke to anyone who has had it go through smoothly... and 90% of the time it's their fault for not processing things / remembering the phone calls. they clearly need more people to work there because two years in a row it has been absolutely tragic. i gave them a good telling over the phone and they sorted mine. but now i need to change again cuz i'm going to a diff place LMAO

Hecktix
23-08-2010, 01:44 PM
thing is though i've hardly spoke to anyone who has had it go through smoothly... and 90% of the time it's their fault for not processing things / remembering the phone calls. they clearly need more people to work there because two years in a row it has been absolutely tragic. i gave them a good telling over the phone and they sorted mine. but now i need to change again cuz i'm going to a diff place LMAO

yeah their customer service is really bad, also the website says 1 thing then they say another thing on the phone.

beth
23-08-2010, 02:00 PM
DO NOT GET ME STARTED OLI.

they've not processed a change of circumstances form for me yet which means i'm gonna be over a grand down. i REALLY need the money to pay my accommodation and ****, but they're ******* me around all over the place.

Pyroka
23-08-2010, 03:24 PM
****** mine up first time... Took them a week to finalise mine though for this year ^_^

Catzsy
23-08-2010, 03:27 PM
****** mine up first time... Took them a week to finalise mine though for this year ^_^

Same for me although about 3 weeks.

Inseriousity.
23-08-2010, 03:36 PM
I havent had many problems so far although itll probs be late (i was a day over the deadline i think). fingers crossed :(

Tooplee
23-08-2010, 03:41 PM
urgh tell me about it

i sent off my parents financial evidence before the deadline and rang up a couple of weeks ago asking about my maintenance grant because i've only got confirmation of the 2 loans.. only then did they tell me that they haven't received any evidence, despite me applying for means tested

so now i have to send the evidence off again, probably wont get my grant for months and im 1k off my accomodation costs

just great aint it

Hecktix
23-08-2010, 03:44 PM
urgh tell me about it

i sent off my parents financial evidence before the deadline and rang up a couple of weeks ago asking about my maintenance grant because i've only got confirmation of the 2 loans.. only then did they tell me that they haven't received any evidence, despite me applying for means tested

so now i have to send the evidence off again, probably wont get my grant for months and im 1k off my accomodation costs

just great aint it

I am in the exact same boat as you, I rang them and they found the evidence in the end.

MrPinkPanther
23-08-2010, 06:07 PM
i wish they were dead.

immense
23-08-2010, 06:09 PM
i might kill them. not sure yet.

CHA!NGANG
23-08-2010, 06:58 PM
I haven't read all this but I have no idea about mine. I sent it off, and haven't heard a thing since.

Frodo13.
23-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Never had a single problem with them. Last year, not only did I go to a different uni and also decide to live at home rather than move away, I changed my application without any problems what so ever. For my second year, it took about a 3 weeks to get finalised. Why I know Student Finance can make mistakes, half the time it's people not doing it right in the first place, for example, just reading this thread, when people change uni, you DO NOT ring them up, you send off a change of circumstance form.

immense
23-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Never had a single problem with them. Last year, not only did I go to a different uni and also decide to live at home rather than move away, I changed my application without any problems what so ever. For my second year, it took about a 3 weeks to get finalised. Why I know Student Finance can make mistakes, half the time it's people not doing it right in the first place, for example, just reading this thread, when people change uni, you DO NOT ring them up, you send off a change of circumstance form.
They actually instruct you not to but to change your details on your online account and then they will send you a declaration form. Evidently you're not one of those who would do it wrong then.

Axel
23-08-2010, 09:49 PM
they keep sending my stuff back ;/

CHA!NGANG
23-08-2010, 10:21 PM
I just got my accom sorted. Do I have to change my address on my Student Finance now?

Hecktix
23-08-2010, 10:25 PM
I just got my accom sorted. Do I have to change my address on my Student Finance now?

no they told me today to wait until you're living there

CHA!NGANG
23-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Ahright ok. Hm.. I need to go open my student account to now that I have my results and place confirmed. Anyone know if you need to change anything for that or is it the same as the account you put in first.

kk.
23-08-2010, 11:19 PM
I can barely understand what they say on the phone, stupid Scottish people! :@ they are Scottish right?

Fortunately, I still have 7 weeks for mine to be sorted cus York starts well late :l

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!