PDA

View Full Version : Welsh Exam board for Geogrpahy GCSE

Madox
24-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Ok, i go and pick up my GCSE results, and i look at my geogprahy and it say a BIG Fat D. im pridicted an A in geoprahy and my coursework was at an A which is worth 25%, ironicly the same people in my class got the same amount of points and same grade as i did which was 6 of us, just wondering has this happend in any other school? and the teacher said there going to look at the brakedown just wondering has this happend elsewhere?

Special
24-08-2010, 11:14 AM
just because you got an A in coursework the other parts of the course you might have got say an E or F to bring that A down, because the coursework is only 25% after all

if not, i'm sure you can sent it back to be remaraked. you will have to contact your school about that

Madox
24-08-2010, 11:48 AM
just because you got an A in coursework the other parts of the course you might have got say an E or F to bring that A down, because the coursework is only 25% after all

if not, i'm sure you can sent it back to be remaraked. you will have to contact your school about that

Fair point but isnt it quiet fishy that 5 A grade students go the same mark? and same amount of points?

Jordy
24-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Fair point but isnt it quiet fishy that 5 A grade students go the same mark? and same amount of points?Points are the same for each grade I believe. For example if you got 46 points for a B, so will everyone else who gets a B. 'tis points not marks :)

j0rd
24-08-2010, 11:50 AM
I had an E in Geography with welsh board

kk.
24-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Others performed better in the exam. Perhaps you weren't taught proper exam technique. Coursework is never the best indicator for a final grade anyway, since you have numerous attempts to get it right, and nigh on unlimited time

Madox
24-08-2010, 12:23 PM
fair enough but i cant wait what they have to say about it, no matter how much its costs to re mark it its getten remarked, i wont be statisfied until i get my pass in that subject it is a real p take

kk.
24-08-2010, 02:16 PM
a pass is anything which is above an F, so it is technically a pass. but i understand wanting to get above a C :P

Madox
24-08-2010, 09:54 PM
a pass is anything which is above an F, so it is technically a pass. but i understand wanting to get above a C :P

:) dont see anything less than a C as a pass to be honest espically if your pridicited an A :)

Plean
24-08-2010, 09:56 PM
...........COOL............

Edited by Cosmic (Forum Super Moderator) Please do not post pointlessly, thanks

KebabJuice
24-08-2010, 11:56 PM
I WASNT EVEN AWARE THE WELSH BOARD WAS DIFFERENT :O I THOUGHT IT WAS ALL THEE GAME BTW SORRY TO HEAR YOU DIDNT GET THE GRADE YOU WANTED!

Glopy
24-08-2010, 11:58 PM
Ok, i go and pick up my GCSE results, and i look at my geogprahy and it say a BIG Fat D. im pridicted an A in geoprahy and my coursework was at an A which is worth 25%, ironicly the same people in my class got the same amount of points and same grade as i did which was 6 of us, just wondering has this happend in any other school? and the teacher said there going to look at the brakedown just wondering has this happend elsewhere?

the points next to the Grade is the points you get for your school for getting that grade, you obvs failed hardcore, on the other hand. i got my C in geog

Dinosaurawrr
25-08-2010, 12:33 AM
Get them to remark it.
or ask your school if you had two candidate numbers from the welshboard.
i retook gcse english with the welshboard got a high c in my cwk
goes in today to find i got a G?
turns out I had two candidate numbers, one the college sent my cwk off with and one they exam board sent off with my exams making me have a G and them thinking i had been absent for half the year.
would deffo get it looked into
it also happend with another girl in my class was predicted an A in english got a D

there sorting it though so hopefully ill have my real grade soon! :)

Samantha
25-08-2010, 06:04 PM
When it comes to the exam you can't expect anything. I feel that if you all got the same points, and grade then I do agree it is fishy. Maybe you was taught to answer in a way that the exam board didn't do. I have no idea if Welsh is different than English. But if you feel you haven't been given the correct grade then contact you're school or the exam board, immediately.

Robbie
25-08-2010, 06:07 PM
WJEC have been very harsh with me at AS - I was predicted around 78 UMS for my IT2 coursework (40%) and I got 60ish (can't remember the exact number) and ended up with a B.

There's a few threads on The Student Room about WJEC and their marking.

cocaine
25-08-2010, 06:10 PM

maybe you shouldnt have become so complacent with your A grade coursework and revised harder for your exam? 25% is nothing anyway, if you got a C in the exam it would have been hard to get above a mid B overall let alone an A.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!