PDA

View Full Version : monarch airlines

iBlueBox
27-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Flying to mexico, booked with thomas cook ect but where flying with monarch airlines,

never heard / flown with monarch airlines

has anyone what are their flights like?

KpgbBAN
27-08-2010, 01:10 PM
I have quite a while back when I went Florida :P.

Was quite good but last time I went Florida, I flew with Virgin.

iBlueBox
27-08-2010, 01:29 PM
I have quite a while back when I went Florida :P.

Was quite good but last time I went Florida, I flew with Virgin.

where their tvs in back of screen ? :L

Alkaz
27-08-2010, 01:58 PM
I've just read some reviews and it seems pretty mixed. Overall I think it sounds like an ok airline and I would guess there would be tv's overhead every 6 rows or something similar.

Plane shabby, past it's sell by date. Flight delayed by 2.5 hours outbound according to pilot, two technical problems one straight after the other. Seats uncomfortable. Overhead lockers taped up by cabin crew with tape.

Whilst on holiday I fell and broke bones in my foot. Once on the plane - (first on, last off), the crew were equally helpful and pleasant - including the captain! It made an uncomfortable journey much more bearable.

10 hour flight with meals included. One main meal was served along with a pitiful snack, forcing everyone to spend money on their extortionate range of snacks. The actual meal came round a good four hours into the flights, by which time everyone was so hungry and thirsty that they had caved. Also, after a warning about the risks of DVT, one of the suggestions was to drink plenty of water 'available for purchase onboard'. No mention of the tap water that was freely available. Charging for headsets and then putting on terrible films (better on the return leg) is also a no-no (take your own and you'll get sound in one ear if you're desperate). Add to this a disinterested cabin crew and you've got what amounts to the worst long-haul flight I've ever taken.

A320, booked extra legroom, was well worth the extra money. Cabin crew excellent service and friendly. TV screen poor picture quality. Flight back on A321, again good cabin crew, tv screen better picture quality.

We were very impressed with the airline. More legroom than we have experienced on other airlines. Staff were very attentive and pleasant. Nothing was too much trouble. The food was good and tasty - tea was a bit watery but we asked for another and this presented no trouble to the staff.

So it sounds like it's going to be pot luck on how well your experience flying with them goes.

Technologic
27-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Monarch is a bog standard mainly charter airline, they're decent but don't expect much

iBlueBox
27-08-2010, 02:05 PM
I've just read some reviews and it seems pretty mixed. Overall I think it sounds like an ok airline and I would guess there would be tv's overhead every 6 rows or something similar.

So it sounds like it's going to be pot luck on how well your experience flying with them goes.

Where did you read the reviews?

We didn't pay for meals this time as i never ate them, plus it takes like £25 of the bookings so taking our own food as i'm normally picky on food as well.

i think my mum / younger sister will be board if theirs not tvs. Im going to bring my iPad so i'll be able just to watch movies on their.

hopefully the journey won't be bad.

but we booked to go to the escape lounge in terminal 1 in manchester airport.

KpgbBAN
27-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Yeah there was tv's in back of the seats and you had a phone LOL.

I played Zelda I think ^^

Alkaz
27-08-2010, 02:10 PM
I just googled 'Monarch airline reviews', there are probably hundrends and hundreds of sites but I just looked at one.

iBlueBox
27-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Thanks all :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!