PDA

View Full Version : Quick help

Nemo
28-08-2010, 11:04 AM
In the requirements for the course that i want, it says;

Candidates are expected to have Mathematics to A-level (A grade), Advanced Higher (A grade), or Higher Level in the IB (score 7) or another equivalent. Further Mathematics or a Science would also be highly recommended.

Now i've chosen Maths, Further Maths, Computing and Media (My mess about subject). Those would be fine right? It's for computer science if you mustknow :p

dbgtz
28-08-2010, 06:58 PM
im not actually at college yet but my bet is that if your college doesn't offer advanced higher then further maths will be of equivalent :P

alexxxxx
28-08-2010, 11:39 PM
yes easily. advanced higher is scottish and if you do IB, you'll know what that means. though in my college maths and further maths were taught as one subject and a half and not 2 subjects - so i'm unsure whether you'd be at a disadvantage taking media against some other people.

Nemo
28-08-2010, 11:44 PM
yes easily. advanced higher is scottish and if you do IB, you'll know what that means. though in my college maths and further maths were taught as one subject and a half and not 2 subjects - so i'm unsure whether you'd be at a disadvantage taking media against some other people.
I didnt consider that. not sure what else i could take, id rather not take physics and ICT in my sixth form is terrible

Alexx..
28-08-2010, 11:56 PM
That'll be fine and media doesn't really matter cause you can drop that in your 2nd year if you like.

Nemo
28-08-2010, 11:56 PM
That'll be fine and media doesn't really matter cause you can drop that in your 2nd year if you like.
well yeah, medias my 'piss about subject'. thanks.

PaulMacC
28-08-2010, 11:58 PM
What uni you applying for?
The two I applied dont require maths

Alexx..
Media really is a piss about subject .. i watched jaws in mine :')

Special
sounds alright to me

but why would you waste a subject just to piss about in lol

Alexx..
29-08-2010, 12:02 AM
sounds alright to me

He might not have another one that he wants to take and in 2nd year he can drop it so you only get an AS level so he might as well.

Nemo
29-08-2010, 12:04 AM
What uni you applying for?
The two I applied dont require mathsWell i got that off the oxford website

Media really is a piss about subject .. i watched jaws in mine :')
haha :P well my sis got an A in it without revising. sounds good to me.

sounds alright to me

dont need it

He might not have another one that he wants to take and in 2nd year he can drop it so you only get an AS level so he might as well.
ya that

alexxxxx
29-08-2010, 08:42 PM
i'd do physics instead of media. it sort of links in with maths as you have shared topics in mechanics.

Nemo
29-08-2010, 08:54 PM
i'd do physics instead of media. it sort of links in with maths as you have shared topics in mechanics.
Yeh but basically, sicne i need 3 As, probably even A*s now, i sort of set it out so that id have maximum time to concentrate on them all. Like maths + further maths is pretty much just the exam, that leavse time for coursework which computing has loads of, so those all fit together and then media on the side. So adding in physics would probably increase my work load loadsssssssssss, which is why i just wanted those.

alexxxxx
30-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Yeh but basically, sicne i need 3 As, probably even A*s now, i sort of set it out so that id have maximum time to concentrate on them all. Like maths + further maths is pretty much just the exam, that leavse time for coursework which computing has loads of, so those all fit together and then media on the side. So adding in physics would probably increase my work load loadsssssssssss, which is why i just wanted those.
well you will do Mechanics 1 in maths. and one of the physics modules is pretty much just m1 with a couple of extras. You might as well do physics AS - it's not hard at all and there's no coursework.

Nemo
30-08-2010, 04:58 PM
well you will do Mechanics 1 in maths. and one of the physics modules is pretty much just m1 with a couple of extras. You might as well do physics AS - it's not hard at all and there's no coursework.
I suppose, but the thing is is that i found it pretty confusing in GCSE. More so than other subjects, no idea how i got an A in it. So if i found it confusing/hard in GCSE, wont i really struggle in A level?

Alexx..
30-08-2010, 05:14 PM
You don't need to take physics, i'd just stick with the ones you have now. As long as you have 3 A's in the computing and maths.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!