PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever..

Narnat,
31-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Just wanted to see if this has actually happened to anyone..

Has anyone ever lost their passport whilst they were on holiday ? If so what happened ?! like how did you get home ? to be honest if this ever happened to me I would freak I just wouldn't know what to do tbh. :P

iBlueBox
31-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Just wanted to see if this has actually happened to anyone..

Has anyone ever lost their passport whilst they were on holiday ? If so what happened ?! like how did you get home ? to be honest if this ever happened to me I would freak I just wouldn't know what to do tbh. :P

Yes, The night we got to the Dominican republic ( terrible hotel , place ) we where wondering about at night, and we went to bed , and my mum lost her bag, had passports and money in it. We found it within an hour though, she left it under a chair by the stage.

Narnat,
31-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Goshh! that was really lucky tbh.

Mathew
31-08-2010, 07:43 PM
If you lose your passport while on holiday you go to the nearest embassy office and have a meeting with them. Basically they will look at all your documents and give you a pass to tell the immigration oficers you're safe to travel back home. It's not a quick job though.

Just the other week, my Mum's cousin was due to fly but realised her passport had expired just a couple of days beforehand. She had to go into Liverpool (2 hour drive) to have a meeting, pay extra and then get the passport made within the day. The same had to be done when my Uncle washed his passport in the washer about a year ago, he had to travel into London :P

Narnat,
31-08-2010, 08:27 PM
wowzers if I'm honest I would have been in a right doddle if I lost mine! I really wouldn't know what to do ! :P

Gibs960
31-08-2010, 08:39 PM
I've never lost mine, but I'm definite my mum lost hers, found it again lol ;)

AgnesIO
01-09-2010, 01:29 PM
My friends had theirs stolen like a few weeks back at a petrol station.

Narnat,
01-09-2010, 02:55 PM
Thats quite a random place to get a passport stolen :P

AgnesIO
01-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Thats quite a random place to get a passport stolen :P

Well basically, in Spain it is law to have your passport while driving.

They had just got off the plane, their car needed petrol. They went to a station then some eastern Europeans who wait by stations on the coast for people who have just come out the airport, approached. One guy looked in the car, walking in the direction of the bit where you pay, making it look like he was going to pay. He was actually seeing what to take. Then another guy showed the dad a ticket to morocco (to distract him), while another one stuck his hand in the car took a plastic wallet with cash, passports, insurance stuff etc, then drove off.

So actually it's not so random haha :)

kuzkasate
01-09-2010, 09:53 PM
Well basically, in Spain it is law to have your passport while driving.

They had just got off the plane, their car needed petrol. They went to a station then some eastern Europeans who wait by stations on the coast for people who have just come out the airport, approached. One guy looked in the car, walking in the direction of the bit where you pay, making it look like he was going to pay. He was actually seeing what to take. Then another guy showed the dad a ticket to morocco (to distract him), while another one stuck his hand in the car took a plastic wallet with cash, passports, insurance stuff etc, then drove off.

So actually it's not so random haha :)
lol, people like that all over, thats why i always keep stuff safe lmao

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!