PDA

View Full Version : Schools punish for the most stupid of things - needs sorting

dbgtz
07-09-2010, 05:05 PM
I'm kinda expanding on that should teachers shout at students
I got a 30 minute detention for these:
1) Standing near where someone got "bullied", ok I saw them but the kid wasn't being bullied, he was actually friends with the people "bullying" him (kid was year 7, we were year 9).

2) Not having folder splitter things, the things where its a bit of card with something sticking out so you can write the contents of that section. I genuinly did not hear him.

3) Not having homework once, I had this teacher for a year and a bit and I forget one piece of pointless crap where you put the words in a setence (french homework). Not only that, she moved me down a set (she was the head) :/ I could tell she always had it in for me as she always thought I was really naughty yet I'm what you class as a good boy. Thats not sarcastic or anything, I always listened and crap even though I hate the ******* subject.

4) Ok I didn't actually get this, but according to my school if you forget 1 sock for P.E. it's classed as missing a whole lesson therefore you get an hours detention on a Friday. I could respect this if you forgot it all but like, youre not gonna be out of the lesson for forgetting the correct sock.

Now you may see me post of how we need like the cane or harsher punishments, but what I really mean is we need the punishment system sorted out. Detentions could quite easily work if executed properly, given at the right times and on a constant basis.

In example #2, some guys forgot it aswell and you could quite easily tell they were making up excuses as it was the exact same excuse but it's like wth. Their excuse was they went to one shop and it didn't have it, so they gave up. At least I admit I forgot.

Also what seems to deteriorate the detention system is the fact teachers favouritise. By that I mean students who are constantly naughty get away with it yet if good ppls are naughty once they get moaned at like ****.

One more thing, I also think that if you're like perfect for like 2 years then you forget some homework you should not be punished tbh.

I might become a teacher just to help sort this out tbh.

cocaine
07-09-2010, 05:11 PM
.. welcome to secondary education. we've all been through it, life isnt fair, im sure you'll get over it soon.

Cheryl
07-09-2010, 05:14 PM
to quote mr gilbert of the inbetweeners

Rule one of school, life's not fair, get used to it

Oleh
07-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Nothing like that happened to me.. P.E never gave me a detention cos P.E couldnt care aslong as you was participating in someway.
French never gave me a detention cos i was best mates with this kid and he is mates with her son and we were like siksik
The only detentions i ever got was for history and geography (who cares bout them anyway lul) for not doing 6 week homeworks. and 1 of them wasn't even from that teacher, it was from a teacher who left and nobody had done it.

You should consider moving schools if they are that petty

dbgtz
07-09-2010, 05:44 PM
only a year left
they really need to sort something decent out though.

Mathew
07-09-2010, 05:52 PM
I never had a detention at school wooo.

In all seriousness though, I'd really suggest going to talk to the Headteacher directly and voicing your complaints to him / her. Just go to their PA (if they have one) and ask when the headteacher is free for a quick chat about something. Trust me, going directly there instead of messing around through form tutors and online forums will get things changed a lot quicker. You look a lot more professional and grown up if you go to the top, and you'll probably get the detentions reversed :)

Special
07-09-2010, 06:02 PM
a bit strict, but everywhere has rules that you must abide by despite how silly or pointless

Aces
08-09-2010, 06:58 PM
Trial & Error. You no bring sock, you be punished. It's that simple.

/ I've been put in detention for really stupid things, but at least my teachers will be understanding if I happen to miss one piece of homework.

dbgtz
08-09-2010, 09:31 PM
I never had a detention at school wooo.

In all seriousness though, I'd really suggest going to talk to the Headteacher directly and voicing your complaints to him / her. Just go to their PA (if they have one) and ask when the headteacher is free for a quick chat about something. Trust me, going directly there instead of messing around through form tutors and online forums will get things changed a lot quicker. You look a lot more professional and grown up if you go to the top, and you'll probably get the detentions reversed :)

Well it's a bit late to get the ones I had reversed :P
But in the P.E. one it's up to the P.E. top person I think who will not change their mind.

MattFr
08-09-2010, 11:06 PM
it's school don't moan

-:Undertaker:-
08-09-2010, 11:18 PM
If you are clearly in the right then you shouldn't back down - they'll threaten you with all sorts like a longer detention, parents coming in and so forth, but if you are right (as it seems you are in those examples) then it's worth not complying with some teachers who are PC/controlling morons who pick on the genuinely good kids and allow the bad kids to get away with murder.

alexxxxx
08-09-2010, 11:20 PM
our PE teachers stopped caring about kit. infact it was fun to not bring your kit cause pretty much got to mess about plus seeing as we only ever seemed to play table tennis or badminton we played as well.

pfft you just need the gift of getting teachers to like you and come up with decent excuses. i hardly ever seemed to bring homework in on time.

beth
08-09-2010, 11:58 PM
i do kinda agree with number 1.

if someone was literally getting terrored for no reason, and you didn't say ****, then yeah.

dbgtz
09-09-2010, 07:10 PM
i do kinda agree with number 1.

if someone was literally getting terrored for no reason, and you didn't say ****, then yeah.

I knew he was friendly with those people. All they did was stand in in the way of him as a joke for about 10 seconds LOL

[Jay]
09-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Yeh happens cant do nothing about it just be sly ;)

Moh
09-09-2010, 07:21 PM
I got countless ammounts of detentions at school =[

Most I never turned up to unless it was a head of department or head of year.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!