PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Manchester City continue to ruin football.

AlexOC
07-09-2010, 08:35 PM
With 6 english players on the pitch at the same time.

Disgusting!

AgnesIO
07-09-2010, 08:45 PM
HOW DARE THEY.

How dare a football with a reputation like them not field a Middle Eastern side.

Not sure if that was pointless? But anyway it is a rare occasion nowadays to see such a high profile team play with English people :L

W00TZEH
07-09-2010, 08:54 PM
West ham won the world cup.

Minstrels
07-09-2010, 09:05 PM
HOW DARE THEY. HOW DARE AJ SCORE. HOW DARE SWP PASS TO BENT.

JackBuddy
07-09-2010, 10:08 PM
Nobody ever said anything about City not buying English players lol. Let's be honest though, Lescott and SWP shouldn't really have been on the pitch.

CHA!NGANG
07-09-2010, 10:17 PM
And how much did they pay for them all? Bar SWP and Hart, around £70-80 Million.

If we had that much money, we could buy as many top English players as we wanted. It doesn't mean anything.

If anything, City have made the top English players, even more expensive.

W00TZEH
07-09-2010, 10:32 PM
And how much did they pay for them all? Bar SWP and Hart, around £70-80 Million.

If we had that much money, we could buy as many top English players as we wanted. It doesn't mean anything.

If anything, City have made the top English players, even more expensive.
Which is why I expect Shawcross to be sold for £20million :8

immense
07-09-2010, 10:49 PM
lucky city r rly developing richards and swp too woo

Yupt
08-09-2010, 12:07 AM
I'd say it's not 'ruining' football, by playing English players in England.. hmm.

StefanWolves
08-09-2010, 10:15 AM
@above, google sarcasm.

Whoever said Lescott didn't deserve to play should be shot. He was solid yesterday.

JackBuddy
08-09-2010, 10:27 AM
@above, google sarcasm.

Whoever said Lescott didn't deserve to play should be shot. He was solid yesterday.
Against a poor Switzerland side.

Minstrels
08-09-2010, 10:27 AM
Can I ask who else should have played JB?

StefanWolves
08-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Against a poor Switzerland side.

Playing a side that beat Spain in the world cup, in a hostile stadium isn't an easy prospect.

I no it's not an AMAZING result, but it's a good one at the very least and every player including Lescott put a very good shift in.

Lescott is under rated.

As the old saying goes, 'you can only beat what's in front of you', and England did that pretty well.

JackBuddy
08-09-2010, 11:40 AM
I would probably have played Cahill or Upson ahead of him.

CHA!NGANG
08-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Can I ask who else should have played JB?

Cahill should have started ahead of Lescott.

I can't see why he didn't.

But I agree Lescott was solid yesterday, but if Dawson, Terry and Ferdinand were all fit, and actually King potentially, Lescott wouldn't have played which could be why he said Lescott shouldn't have been on the pitch.

immense
08-09-2010, 11:42 AM
I would have played Cahill too, I think. Upson has looked dodgy in an England **** (world cup). However, the fact Jagielka and Lescott used to play alongside one another probably swayed Capello's decision which is refreshing knowing he's not necessarily picking the best player but the player who will gel in with those around him.

Geraint
08-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Why do people rate Upson so much. Every time I see him he's ****.

immense
08-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Pretty much agree with that. Don't see what he's got going for him.

CHA!NGANG
08-09-2010, 11:46 AM
I think he's a better ball playing CB then some of the other ones that we have. That and experience.

But I don't rate him that highly either.

JackBuddy
08-09-2010, 11:47 AM
I don't but at the moment I'd feel better with him in defence over Lescott.

immense
08-09-2010, 11:49 AM
I love it how some people will criticise Capello for not thinking about partnerships and just playing the best players and when he plays a player who perhaps isn't the better option but will work better in the team, criticise him too.

CHA!NGANG
08-09-2010, 11:52 AM
I love it how some people will criticise Capello for not thinking about partnerships and just playing the best players and when he plays a player who perhaps isn't the better option but will work better in the team, criticise him too.

To be honest, this is only the qualifiers. Lescott played solid, but he didn't do anything amazing. I'm sure Cahill would have done fine as well and he was the one who came on for Dawson in the last game.

Although, I didn't really mind Lescott starting, but I think Cahill deserved it more and he probably would have been just as good.

It's hard to think about partnerships because the English players are spread out between a lot of teams, whereas other NT's such as Spain have a majority Barca/Madrid team. Germany have a lot from Bayern and Werder Bremen. Brazil had a lot of players from Inter, especially in defence, e/t/c.

immense
08-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Did you not see England get cut open by Bulgaria in the latter stages of the game. It was masked by the emphatic victory. We looked defensively solid against the Swiss who admittedly aren't a free-scoring side. However, against Bulgaria, they had at least two one-on-ones with Hart and he made some good stops. Nothing of the sort against Switzerland. Although, Hart looked a bit nervous at times, a few dropped catches.

JackBuddy
08-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Did you not see England get cut open by Bulgaria in the latter stages of the game. It was masked by the emphatic victory. We looked defensively solid against the Swiss who admittedly aren't a free-scoring side. However, against Bulgaria, they had at least two one-on-ones with Hart and he made some good stops. Nothing of the sort against Switzerland. Although, Hart looked a bit nervous at times, a few dropped catches.
Glen Johnson. Seriously, against opposition that can actually score goals he is toilet for England.

CHA!NGANG
08-09-2010, 11:58 AM

Yeah I know, the defence wasn't perfect against Bulgaria, but Bulgaria are a lot more attacking the the Swiss.

The Swiss are very well known for organisation and the defence, not really their attack. They just broke the record for the longest period of time without conceeding a goal in a WC.

immense
08-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Glen Johnson is an awful defender, yes. I'm not sure we have a better alternative though. Brown? Neville probably won't be playing in two years. Richards has been a let down. Carragher is a ****. We have some central defenders who could play there but won't attack.

JackBuddy
08-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Glen Johnson is an awful defender, yes. I'm not sure we have a better alternative though. Brown? Neville probably won't be playing in two years. Richards has been a let down. Carragher is a ****. We have some central defenders who could play there but won't attack.
Young or Richards. Not amazing but an improvement on Johnson IMO.

CHA!NGANG
08-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Johnson is still young. Jack you criticise too much imo. Going forward he's fantastic. He's not awful at defending but he's not upto England standard, but if he can keep playing then he'll pick up things as he goes along. We have nobody better atm, so we have to make do.

JackBuddy
08-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Johnson is still young. Jack you criticise too much imo. Going forward he's fantastic. He's not awful at defending but he's not upto England standard, but if he can keep playing then he'll pick up things as he goes along. We have nobody better atm, so we have to make do.

He should be a winger in that case. He doesn't get the balance between attack/defend right. He's only 3 years younger than Ashley Cole.

CHA!NGANG
08-09-2010, 12:08 PM
He should be a winger in that case. He doesn't get the balance between attack/defend right. He's only 3 years younger than Ashley Cole.

It's more like 4, but to be honest we shouldn't be comparing him to Cole who is pure World class and the best LB in the world. He wont ever reach that level. But as long as he's a good, solid player, which in 2 years when the Euros start, he might be, he'll be a decent RB.

Our main problem is we have no proper DM. With a proper DM, Johnson can get away with attacking a bit more, but Barry doesn't cut it. Hargreaves probably wont kick a football for England again. Rodwell is a bit too young, but i'd love to see him brought in.

If we could somehow convert either Cahill, Dawson, Jagielka or Lescott into a DM for England, then that could work well. Don't see it happening though. I think Jagielka could do it well though.

JackBuddy
08-09-2010, 12:14 PM
It's more like 4, but to be honest we shouldn't be comparing him to Cole who is pure World class and the best LB in the world. He wont ever reach that level. But as long as he's a good, solid player, which in 2 years when the Euros start, he might be, he'll be a decent RB.

Our main problem is we have no proper DM. With a proper DM, Johnson can get away with attacking a bit more, but Barry doesn't cut it. Hargreaves probably wont kick a football for England again. Rodwell is a bit too young, but i'd love to see him brought in.

If we could somehow convert either Cahill, Dawson, Jagielka or Lescott into a DM for England, then that could work well. Don't see it happening though. I think Jagielka could do it well though.

King used to do it for Spurs/England till he did his knees in. :'(He's not exactly a traditional defensive midfielder but I think Huddlestone should be given a proper chance.

CHA!NGANG
08-09-2010, 12:22 PM
King used to do it for Spurs/England till he did his knees in. :'(He's not exactly a traditional defensive midfielder but I think Huddlestone should be given a proper chance.

I like Huddlestone, but I think he'll be as good as a DM as Barry. We need a proper DM, or even a CB who can do a job as a DM.

immense
08-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Hargreaves > Barry so so much. Just depends if he can ever return to full fitness.

StefanWolves
09-09-2010, 01:02 PM
I don't see what your problem is with Lescott. He's a solid defender and hardly ever puts a foot wrong, and he's quick.

Bun
09-09-2010, 09:19 PM
told y'all bout johnson tho eh, always knew he was going to be a star.

i sometimes cry myself to sleep thinking about him, i want him back :(.

JackBuddy
10-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Defoe out for 3 months. It's alright though, we can play our new striker...
...oh wait.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!