PDA

View Full Version : predicted grades

cocaine
11-09-2010, 12:54 PM
im pretty annoyed, in year 12 i got two B's on both history modules which amounted to a B at AS level. now when your teachers predict your grades for year 13 they go on your UCAS form and universities consider offers based on these predicted grades yeah? for some reason i'm predicted a C overall which is outrageous because 1) i've already got a B for AS, and to get a C overall i'd need to get a D at A2, and 2) all my essays in class and for homework have been of an A/B standard.

my friend who does the same subject got a C at AS and it predicted a B at A2. it seems rather unfair. do you think it would be worthwhile me having a talk with the subject teacher?

Technologic
11-09-2010, 01:12 PM
thats not right, get it sorted asap. they cant predict you lower than your attained AS grades!

cocaine
11-09-2010, 01:14 PM
yeah :/ i should (theoretically) get ABB predictions, the A has already been confirmed. As it stands im looking at about ABC which obviously doesnt fare well as i'll probs only get BBB offers right?

Axel
11-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Lol, for A2 I got predicted C in history, even though I got 100% and 90% in the AS exams, C in ICT, D in Maths, but they put for the Uni stuff that they predicted ABB just so I'd get offers. I ended up with ABC.

cocaine
11-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Lol, for A2 I got predicted C in history, even though I got 100% and 90% in the AS exams, C in ICT, D in Maths, but they put for the Uni stuff that they predicted ABB just so I'd get offers. I ended up with ABC.

so they officially predicted (for the benefit of the uni) you higher than they unofficially predicted you?

Axel
11-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Ye, but I was cool with that cos I knew my predicted grades were completely bull. They predicted ABB on my UCAS, and though I got ABC I got 20 points last year from an E in AS geography (lol). So it all worked out.

Just take predicted grades with a pinch of salt or whatever, teachers would rather predict under what they expect you to get. But if you think you'll get higher, you can get them to put higher on your UCAS. At least, that's what we could do at my sixth form.

cocaine
11-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Ye, but I was cool with that cos I knew my predicted grades were completely bull. They predicted ABB on my UCAS, and though I got ABC I got 20 points last year from an E in AS geography (lol). So it all worked out.

Just take predicted grades with a pinch of salt or whatever, teachers would rather predict under what they expect you to get. But if you think you'll get higher, you can get them to put higher on your UCAS. At least, that's what we could do at my sixth form.

yeah i'll have a word. i just dont see why they'd predict you one grade but then put a completely different one on your UCAS form, in your case. seems rather weird..

Axel
11-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Cos I moaned at them that my predicted grades are completely crap and that I'll get way better, so I got them to put higher predicted grades so I got offers from the Unis I wanted. Might be weird, but it worked out.

cocaine
11-09-2010, 01:23 PM
ahh ok. yeah ill ask to have a word. they said our predictions are partially based on class participation which is complete ******** as far as im concerned.

Axel
11-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Lol, I never participate in class stuff unless when I'm forced to or in Maths, and Maths was my lowest grade out of the 3. So it is complete ******** ye. Predicted grades are from a lot of things, interest in the subject, a natural knack for it, and if you work your arse off. Personally, I love History, and have got an A in every exam just from a couple of days revision beforehand, whereas with Maths I revised for a month and got B-C in the exams.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!