PDA

View Full Version : How are you getting on?

luce
14-09-2010, 04:44 PM
So how are you getting on if you've started a new college or sixth form. I don't mean schools or years i mean a levels or Btec because that's a "big step" I haven't found it a big step but i don't know if it's because i have carried on the same school all the way through and i'm good at my subjectss and have a friend group so yeah but i just wondered how it was going for everyone else?

MattFr
14-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Good, I like all my teachers. I had double double maths today, fun :/

buttons
14-09-2010, 05:54 PM
i started my 2nd year at college 3 weeks ago
a lot of my class are 16/17 year old which sucks cause i left school to get away from the immatureness. rly i'm not at college to make friends or impress anyone but i put up with it cause most of them are intelligent enough.
it's going really well though, i'm the communication tutor's favourite cause i'm the only left handed & the psychology teachers fave cause i've already read a lot of the coursebook before lulz
plus the days off r gd!
anyway i liked all the subjects beforehand so got no reason to hate it

Special
14-09-2010, 05:56 PM
i'm doing alright, made 5 new friends & plus i know my way around so i won't get lost *touch wood*

Shar
14-09-2010, 06:43 PM
I'm doing okay I suppose, left school for a college which is one hour away, so I take the tube everyday! Don't know anyone there, but I'm not there to socialize so it's cool. I'm only doing 3 AS's as I already have a B in AS history already xD

LoveToStack
14-09-2010, 07:32 PM
A-level maths is good so far. Already finished C1 and C2 since everything in them is covered in Higher Maths. Looking forward to something different in C3&4. Stats is pretty boring so far but I'm hoping it'll get better as the course goes on. I didn't really want to take stats, but it was that or mechanics. Ideally I'd have been able to do the core modules + further maths only, since it's just pure maths I'm interested in really but that's life.

Advanced Chem is alright. Not really delved far into the course yet but it should be interesting to know more about the theory behind things.

Higher Physics is dull so far. I'm sitting in on a higher class by myself so I have to deal with all the motivational scare tactics rammed down your throat by the teacher because highers are the most important thing since sliced bread apparently. That said the teacher still takes a lesson to cover one page of a book which can be summed up in 5 minutes.

Rixion
14-09-2010, 09:59 PM
I know I'm at school and all but I've recently took a BTEC and it's quite enjoyable, making a movie trailer right now which is my sort of work, teacher is all right I suppose!

Callum.
14-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Back to the daily grind.

Second year media is a drag, music videos but the motivation is just not there at the moment, don't want to be carried to an A though. History is looking good, two teachers again but this time I think it's 40% coursework, 60% exam opposed to 100% exam. Hopefully can obtain an A in the coursework which then sets me up nicely to achieve a B or higher after a retake of paper 1 this year. Psychology is a lot different, just essays I think opposed to the easy AS papers. Not sure how it's going to pan out but with lots of practice, motivation and studying hopefully I can carry decent results over. I know it's early, but I'm really trying to study to get AAA/AAB even though I'm only applying for AAB-BBC.

Earliest can leave from school now is 1.05, which makes me stay at school which is good on reflection to last year. Been getting lots more work done at school this year to the nothing I did at school last. More hours, more studying, more revision. Hopefully!

Higher Physics is dull so far. I'm sitting in on a higher class by myself so I have to deal with all the motivational scare tactics rammed down your throat by the teacher because highers are the most important thing since sliced bread apparently. That said the teacher still takes a lesson to cover one page of a book which can be summed up in 5 minutes.

Oh I know how you feel. It's so frustrating taking ages to go over something that can be summed up so easily, when you actually want to get through things. I feel your pain.

Arron
14-09-2010, 10:26 PM
gone good. especially today. got to know more class members, had a good laugh and thought it was awesome.

Con
14-09-2010, 10:33 PM
I've found it pretty nice :) I struggled last week to make friends really, made one on the first week until last friday when I spoke to a couple more people in one of my lessons.
But it's been since yesterday that I've really felt like I've settled in already :)
I now basically have a group of friends in all my lessons, and for my free periods/lunch times :)
so I'm getting on really well I guess, and I haven't found it much of a change from my old school except from feeling more respect I suppose :)

Minstrels
16-09-2010, 06:57 PM
I drew a monkey coming out of an iPod today looking cold to represent Arctic Monkeys... it's like being back in year one but with more detail, love it;o)

Narnat,
17-09-2010, 07:03 PM
I'm getting on fairly well I'm happy with my teachers. But I just don't like the fact From Wednesday to Fridays I have double periods so i technically only have 3 lessons but there all doubles.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!